Author Topic: The Back To Brokeback Project  (Read 4232 times)

Offline backtobrokeback

• Jr. Ranch Hand
    • The Back To Brokeback Project
The Back To Brokeback Project
« on: February 24, 2006, 02:51:54 am »
Hello ALL!  A new board for me, and glad I found it.
41, male, gay, 7 viewings.  ;-)

The site owner asked me to come over and post about my own site and very unofficial little dream, the Back To Brokeback Project.  Hopefully it'll take off.

So this is my idea - we all love the story and the film and don't want to see it fade away.  Why not make a pledge now to keep the story alive and fresh, to give Ennis and Jack a space in our minds and hearts to keep riding

To that end, I propose the Back To Brokeback Project, as detailed on my webpage:

The Back to Brokeback Project

The Back To Brokeback Mission:
    * To honor a story that has meant so much to so many people
    * To keep Ennis and Jack present in mind and heart
    * To share the story of Brokeback Mountain with others
    * To share the experience of this story with each other
    * To make homophobia and hatred only a memory

The Back To Brokeback Goals:
    * Keep the story alive
    * Return to Brokeback Mountain often
    * Read the original story
    * Watch the film version
    * Discuss Brokeback with friends and family, colleagues and strangers
    * Meet other Brokeback fans online and in person
    * Give the story as a gift
    * Create space in our world for all people to love
    * Support causes which help end homophobia

The Back To Brokeback Timeline:
    *  Whenever you can do it
    * Daily, weekly, monthly, every few months
    * In February, the month of love, the time of awards; Ennis and Jack in a warm cabin in the mountains
    * In May, early summer, the DVD release; when Ennis and Jack first went to Brokeback Mountain, and when they last met.
    * In August, late summer; when they came down from the mountain, and also when they couldn't meet.
    * In November, early winter, the month before the film opened; when they planned to meet again.

Do y'all think this is worthwhile?  Or am I nuts?   ;D  ("both", they whisper)

I'm open to suggestions and comments about the project and the page, and would happily add your ideas about why we need to do it, the many different ways we can do it (I've only listed a handful), and how often you personally could 'go back to Brokeback'.

I've also included several images on the site that you can add to your own pages, sig files, etc., to show your continuing love for this story in all its forms.

So what do you think?

-backtobrokeback

Come make the pledge to go Back to Brokeback!

Offline BBMGrandma

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
  • Jack....I swear.....
Re: The Back To Brokeback Project
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2006, 05:23:44 am »
I made my pledge before you came in here.!!   Hoooray!!  I LOVE your page and am anxious to see the results of your hardwork.  GOOD SUCCESS to you!!

Nancy
"If we never dream....we'll never have a dream come true"   (me...myself...and I)

Offline backtobrokeback

• Jr. Ranch Hand
    • The Back To Brokeback Project
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2006, 10:24:00 pm »
Thanks!  I got your pledge! 

For other folks, take a look at the site and email me or post here if you have any suggestions for improving the project, adding goals, or realizing the goals in your own life.

-btb
Come make the pledge to go Back to Brokeback!

IdahoLonely

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2006, 10:26:44 pm »
Hello. I want to take your pledge also. I am still trying to understand the movie and myself and the movie is in my mind all the time. I cant go back to it if I cant get it out of my head though!!!!!

Offline juneaux

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2006, 10:13:41 pm »
Count me in!
Truth never damages a cause that is just.
~Mohandas Gandhi

Offline Drew Kerrigan

• Jr. Ranch Hand
    • Freshly DREWed!
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2006, 08:20:13 pm »
Count me in here too! ;) By the way, I'm having a hard time looking for a copy of the book in any of the major bookstores here in my country. I have been to every mall and specialty bookstores here in the Metropolis and still, I havent't have a clue where to get a copy of it! ??? The good thing is that I'm NOT ALONE on this crusade... From the feedback I'm getting from the sales personnel, there are also a lot of people scouring the streets just to get a copy too! And they belong from different gender, age and professional background. Hmmm... 8) Oh and I promise to make a 'postcard' type of digital art project for BBM coz there are a lot of mountains here in my country. I also have a 'spoof shirt' design in the works. ::)
"In religion. I believe in God, in science, in Sunday supper. I don't believe in rules that tell me how I should live."
- Gil Grissom of CSI: Las Vegas

Offline Impish

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2006, 06:12:18 pm »
Count me in here too! ;) By the way, I'm having a hard time looking for a copy of the book in any of the major bookstores here in my country.

I got my copy of "Close Range: Wyoming Stories" online at Amazon.com.  Amazon runs separate sites for different parts of the world, so find the one closest to you to keep the shipping costs low.

And speaking of shipping of costs, Amazon gives free shipping on orders over $25 here in the U.S., so you may want to check whether a similar deal is offered at your Amazon site, and if so, order something else you want or need to get free shipping.
If you won't pray in my school, I won't think in your church.