Author Topic: Gayest Foods Ever  (Read 57972 times)

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
Re: Gayest Foods Ever
« Reply #110 on: January 20, 2007, 03:13:06 pm »
I'm not much of a beer drinker myself, but I think the Guinness black & tan is an example of a stout. I gave up alcohol for Lent so my drink of choice is water right now.

"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline nakymaton

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • aka Mel
« Reply #111 on: January 20, 2007, 04:11:12 pm »
Real women drink white wine. Then they leave it men's refrigerators. Kind of like marking territory.

(The Guiness part of a black and tan is a stout. Very dark, not hoppy at all.)

(Me, a real woman?  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: *pees in sink* I'm an ersatz woman; I drink stout and shiraz.)
« Last Edit: January 20, 2007, 04:14:29 pm by nakymaton »
Watch out. That poster has a low startle point.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #112 on: January 20, 2007, 04:15:24 pm »
Real women drink white wine. Then they leave it men's refrigerators. Kind of like marking territory.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

(Me, a real woman?  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: *pees in sink* I'm an ersatz woman; I drink stout and shiraz.)

Little Darlin', you drink that stout and shiraz at the same sittin', I've a feelin' you're gonna need the sink for somethin' other than peein'.  ;D
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline nakymaton

• aka Mel
« Reply #113 on: January 20, 2007, 04:26:36 pm »
Little Darlin', you drink that stout and shiraz at the same sittin', I've a feelin' you're gonna need the sink for somethin' other than peein'.  ;D

Well, it's not as if I drink either one by the case...

(Actually, at the gathering last night, I had one glass of shiraz, tried to get a projector working, listened to a bunch of people gab, and then drank a bottle of stout while I ate dinner. So actually, I have been known to drink both wine and beer at the same four-hour gathering.)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #114 on: January 20, 2007, 04:40:18 pm »
What is this "peeing in the sink" deal all about?

I've scrolled back and I can't find any reference to it.

I'm confused you all.  ??? ...  :)
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline nakymaton

• aka Mel
« Reply #115 on: January 20, 2007, 05:26:47 pm »
Ennis del Mar wakes before five, wind rocking the trailer, hissing in around the aluminum door and window frames. The shirts hanging on a nail shudder slightly in the draft. He turns on the tap and urinates in the sink, pulls on his shirt and jeans, his worn boots, stamping the heels against the floor to get them full on...

I don't remember when the sink-peeing worked its way into this thread, but it has a habit of coming up in almost any conversation if some of the Open Forum regulars post in a thread...

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #116 on: January 20, 2007, 06:13:47 pm »
God. I wonder how I managed to miss it after all this time?

My Mom always said I wasn't the most "observant" person in the world. haha.  ::)

Good Grief. Well, thanks for explaining it to me. I'll keep an eye out for all this sink peeing in the future.  :)
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #117 on: January 20, 2007, 06:32:14 pm »
I don't know.

If you think about it hard enough, "right down my alley" sounds pretty gay. It just depends on which....... never mind.  :-X

you guys all not just scott, have the ability i find,  to circle back,,,,,and come up with a

little inuendo....i think its a fun and well enjoyed time spender.                good job,,,,janice

Beautiful mind

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #118 on: January 20, 2007, 07:00:52 pm »
Well, it's not as if I drink either one by the case...

(Actually, at the gathering last night, I had one glass of shiraz, tried to get a projector working, listened to a bunch of people gab, and then drank a bottle of stout while I ate dinner. So actually, I have been known to drink both wine and beer at the same four-hour gathering.)

That sounds like you were OK. You had food. You spread it out. You weren't guzzling like a frat boy at a party--like one of my college roommates who mixed too much wine and beer and then got sick in his bed in our dorm room.  :-X
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #119 on: January 20, 2007, 07:58:20 pm »
That sounds like you were OK. You had food. You spread it out. You weren't guzzling like a frat boy at a party--like one of my college roommates who mixed too much wine and beer and then got sick in his bed in our dorm room.  :-X

I don't know that mixing was the problem, just the "too much." I have know people to drink to much beer and get sick ... but that was a long, long time ago.

I suppose I count as a real woman and my drink of choice is wine these days. But in my wild and crazy youth, I was know to enjoy gin and tonics.

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!