Author Topic: What's the deal with all these UFOs, meteors and comets?  (Read 31056 times)

Online Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
Re: What's the deal with all these UFOs, meteors and comets?
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2007, 03:51:46 am »
Hope all of you in the Southern Hemisphere are enjoying Comet McNaught...it was a bust up here in the north.
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2007, 11:32:14 pm »
Here we go again....

(From the CNN web site)

What Was That? Strange Lights In Upstate Skies

GREENVILLE, S.C. -- It's the talk of the town and beyond.

On radio, on television and by Internet from across the country, the question of the day has been: So what was that strange light in the sky last night?

Hundreds of folks across the region called and e-mailed media outlets and the National Weather Service to report to report strreaks of blue or blue-green light in the night sky Wednesday at about 8:15 p.m.

"We had several calls last night from people around the area who saw lights in the sky," Larry Lee of the National Weather Service told WYFF News 4's Nigel Robertson.

What was it?

"We have no idea," Lee said.

Reports came from as far away as Kentucky, Tennessee and North Carolina.

"A blue light streaked across the sky in the Gaffney area. The light ... moved from the Greenville-Spartanburg area toward Huntersville, N.C.," Terry Coyle said. "The object had a bluish green tail about two miles long."

Law enforcement agencies also report receiving calls about the lights, and WYFF4.com correspondent Scott Wilson of Gastonia, N.C., also said he saw similar lights in the direction of the Upstate.

Due to national Web exposure on The Drudge Report people called WYFF4 from as far away as New Mexico to ask about the lights.

While no definitive information is available, WYFF 4 Chief Meteorologist John Cessarich said the most likely cause is a group of meteors streaking into the Earth's atmosphere.

Doug Gegen at the Roper Mountain Science Center agreed, but jokingly would not rule out the possibility of alien spacecraft.

"I mean, I can't say there aren't UFO's," Gegen said. "But it was probably a meteor entering Earth's atmosphere and that can cause multiple streaks and odd colors depending on what the meteor is made of."

So, assuming it was a meteor, should folks be worried?

"The sky is not falling as far as I know," Gegen said with a smile.

As for reports of helicopters in the area on Wednesday night, Cessarich said that he was able to confirm there were military helicopters on routine training missions operating in Greenville and Pickens counties.

There are reports of similar sightings from as far away as Europe.
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2007, 12:20:48 am »
AND another one.....

From WFTS Tampa, Florida

Is the sky falling?

Residents in a Tampa Bay neighborhood report a strange occurrence. A resident says a huge chunk of ice fell from the sky and crushed a Mustang this morning. Hillsborough County Deputies were called to the scene of 9406 Hill Drop Court after Raymond Rodriguez reportedly heard a whistling noise while he was changing his tire, he looked up and saw the ice chunk just before it destroyed his neighbors car. The owner of the Mustang, Andres Javage can see part of the ice chunk that ruined his car thanks to Rodriguez who recovered a piece and is keeping it in his freezer. It is not known where the ice came from, but the neighborhood is close to Tampa International Airport and there were several planes in the area around the time ice supposedly fell from the sky.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2007, 02:44:38 am »
Laugh if you must, but they just reported seeing strange lights and formations in the skies over Hawaii!

The scientists and meteorologists are mystified... well some of them anyways.  :o

Offline Arad-3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • " Save a horse ... ride a cowboy "
« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2007, 02:49:07 am »
David~

Maybe it fell from one of those planes?
" Save a horse... ride a cowboy "

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2007, 02:52:54 am »
Geri, the lights in Hawaii were "moving in formation". At least this is what people in Hawaii said. I doubt contrails from an airplane would move together in formation as they fell to the earth. Also, the objects appeared illuminated in the night sky.

Offline Arad-3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • " Save a horse ... ride a cowboy "
« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2007, 02:59:17 am »
Hmmmmm! Very strange! ???
" Save a horse... ride a cowboy "

injest

« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2007, 11:42:45 pm »
It is a puzzlement!!

I don't want to see one...but it is interesting to read about them!!

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2007, 02:12:49 am »
It is a puzzlement!!

I don't want to see one...but it is interesting to read about them!!

Oh, I would LOVE to see one! I'd just love it!

I'll never forget when I was a teenager, me and some friends thought we saw a flying saucer one night. We were walking down the street and suddenly we saw this strange, round object in the sky. It had lights revolving around it too. We followed it for several miles when suddenly the thing started flying towards us. We stood and watched it, and as it came closer to us we realized what it was... it was an airplane with some electronic advertising revolving under its wings.  ::)

I would LOVE to see an authentic UFO or flying saucer!  :)

Online Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #29 on: December 12, 2016, 09:32:14 pm »
I would LOVE to see an authentic UFO or flying saucer!  :)

So, have any of us Brokies actually seen a UFO?
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.