Author Topic: Cold Case: Forever Blue  (Read 64725 times)

Offline starboardlight

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
    • nipith.com
Re: Cold Case episode: Forever Blue
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2007, 01:57:38 am »
thanks for sharing that with us. that was a very well done episode. great story telling.

SPOILER ***** SPOILER

I can't help but think there was some Brokeback hommage as well. Two guys sitting in lawn chairs sharing a bottle of whiskey was the most obvious one I think. And the use of the word "partner" has a cowboy tone to it.

I also love how "my partner" had double meaning, referring to Coop as his work buddy as well as his lover.

I was also impressed that the show confronts today's audience about the issue as well. It would have been easy to just say, that was the 60's. That how attitudes were back then, but the characters still show that they're uncomfortable about homosexuality today. Through out the episode there was thread of "things were different back then" tone when they talked about gender, attitude, standards, but then when it came to homosexuality they showed that it's still isn't all that different.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2007, 02:01:49 am by starboardlight »
"To do is to be." Socrates. - "To be is to do." Plato. - "Do be do be do" Sinatra.

Offline SFEnnisSF

• BBM Radio Program Director
  • BetterMost Moderator
Re: Cold Case Files: Forever Blue
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2007, 02:11:37 am »
Hooray!  :D

I downloaded some Divx crap onto my computer and it finally played. 

Offline starboardlight

• nipith.com
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2007, 02:18:33 am »
I almost know it by heart. If you save it "to disk"--that just means you can save it to any of your personal files you want (instead of opening it), you can watch it any time yoiu want, no wait.

There is a "Cold Case Files" series running on A&E. It;'s very different. they are true to life stories, with a narrator, lots of dates, and a maximum of objectivity. They are real stories. I went looking there because I saw another Cold Case video, "Strange Fruit," which also looked great..;   This A&E show is not artistic, tells no story, and has nio points to make, except that some old murder got solved. I do not recommend it. They are NOT re-runs of the "Cold Case" on CBS....that I can tell.

it's weird, but I get sucked into those forensic shows that A&E runs. Cold Case Files is one of those that I can have running all day as I fold my laundry, iron my shirts, etc.

but yeah, this episode that you're talking about is good.
"To do is to be." Socrates. - "To be is to do." Plato. - "Do be do be do" Sinatra.

mvansand76

« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2007, 07:50:23 am »
MORE SPOILERS....

thanks for sharing that with us. that was a very well done episode. great story telling.

SPOILER ***** SPOILER

I can't help but think there was some Brokeback hommage as well. Two guys sitting in lawn chairs sharing a bottle of whiskey was the most obvious one I think. And the use of the word "partner" has a cowboy tone to it.

I also love how "my partner" had double meaning, referring to Coop as his work buddy as well as his lover.

I was also impressed that the show confronts today's audience about the issue as well. It would have been easy to just say, that was the 60's. That how attitudes were back then, but the characters still show that they're uncomfortable about homosexuality today. Through out the episode there was thread of "things were different back then" tone when they talked about gender, attitude, standards, but then when it came to homosexuality they showed that it's still isn't all that different.

Yeah, that's when they said when they left the church after having spoken to Jimmy's ex-wife... "Still is...".

I couldn't help but feel the BBM resemblance too and I liked it. This really does show that this did happen everywhere, even if it's not based on true events, we can still imagine that this actually happened, maybe more often than we think.

Yeah, the partner was great, when I finished watching the episode I watched the baptising scene in the beginning again and I could see the small details of this scene more clearly.

It's a great episode isn't it?

mvansand76

« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2007, 09:09:12 am »
Oh! I think I think I've seen that one! Is some of the plot happening in a small alley between to buildings? If yes, then I've seen that episode! Too bad I missed it tonight! I do have Dutch channels!

j. U. d. E.

I am not sure if that's the same episode you are referring too, are you able to download the episode and find out? It wasn't on Dutch TV, they are only at the second season here in Holland!

This is really worth seeing!!!

mvansand76

« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2007, 09:11:43 am »
Oh only now do I realise that there is already a thread dedicated to this, I am sorry Twistedude, I wasn't feeling very well last night, so I just posted it and didn't check if there was already a thread!

More people should watch this!!!!!

BTW- The series is called Cold Case, not Cold Case Files, that's a different show that started in 2004 as far as I know...
« Last Edit: January 24, 2007, 09:25:48 am by mvansand76 »

Offline saucycobblers

• Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.
Re: Cold Case Forever Blue: Brokeback all over again?
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2007, 04:09:40 pm »
Oh Melissa, GOD BLESS YOU!!! I've been desperate to see the whole episode ever since I saw the snippets on Youtube. I kept hoping someone would post the whole episode there but no such luck. To my knowledge, we don't get Cold Case at all here in the UK, and so many of the episode snippets on Youtube look fantastic - I wish they'd bring the whole series over! :'(

Bear with me, 'cos I've never downloaded a programme from a website before (yes I know, I know  ::)). Can I watch just this episode free on a trial basis, or do I need to subscribe and pay a fee?
Will you stop playing with that radio of yours, I'm trying to get to sleep!

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2007, 04:20:02 pm »
Okay, now I REALLY want to watch this episode! I wonder if I can buy it on DVD??

What season is this episode? I'll try to find it at Wal-Mart or Best Buy the next time I'm there.
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

mvansand76

« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2007, 04:21:28 pm »
Oh Melissa, GOD BLESS YOU!!! I've been desperate to see the whole episode ever since I saw the snippets on Youtube. I kept hoping someone would post the whole episode there but no such luck. To my knowledge, we don't get Cold Case at all here in the UK, and so many of the episode snippets on Youtube look fantastic - I wish they'd bring the whole series over! :'(

Bear with me, 'cos I've never downloaded a programme from a website before (yes I know, I know  ::)). Can I watch just this episode free on a trial basis, or do I need to subscribe and pay a fee?

No need for that at all, once you click on the link at the top and get to the site you will see a code (you need to really look for it) and next to that a fill in box, you fill in the box with the code and press download and it will download immediately! If you are on DSL or Cable, it should take you less than an hour!

:)

Okay, now I REALLY want to watch this episode! I wonder if I can buy it on DVD??

What season is this episode? I'll try to find it at Wal-Mart or Best Buy the next time I'm there.

It was broadcast only two weeks ago, so I doubt it's on DVD now, you're gonna have to head on over to your dad's house NOW!  ;)

Offline saucycobblers

• Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2007, 04:41:16 pm »
No need for that at all, once you click on the link at the top and get to the site you will see a code (you need to really look for it) and next to that a fill in box, you fill in the box with the code and press download and it will download immediately! If you are on DSL or Cable, it should take you less than an hour!

HELP!! I've entered the code and pressed download (it was a 45 second download) and its just a Megaupload front page still. I've no idea what I've downloaded or where its gone, or how to get to the actual episode to download it. I've not downloaded the DivX stuff yet. I'm confused!! ??? ??? ???
Will you stop playing with that radio of yours, I'm trying to get to sleep!