Author Topic: Jake on the cover of GQ!  (Read 8450 times)

mvansand76

Re: Jake on the cover of GQ!
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2007, 07:38:50 am »
And we now know Naomi Foner makes great banana bread.  ;D

She does?

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2007, 09:55:14 am »
And we now know Naomi Foner makes great banana bread.  ;D

She does?

According to her bouncing baby boy Jakey she does!  ;D (It's in the article.)
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2007, 11:50:09 pm »
I think my favorite thing about this cover is the combination of Jake with the big headline about shirt-tucking!
 :o

How Brokie appropriate.
 ;D
the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2007, 12:01:11 am »
I think my favorite thing about this cover is the combination of Jake with the big headline about shirt-tucking!

How Brokie appropriate.
 ;D

LOL  !  very true Amanda!

Too bad the headline wasn't  "When denim and plaid go together"   ;)

mvansand76

« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2007, 07:53:04 am »

How Brokie appropriate.
 ;D

I was thinking the same thing! Could just imagine Ennis appearing on that cover.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2007, 04:15:08 pm »
I hate to put a damper on things, but they have a rather distressing article about gay people in Iraq.

Did anyone read it yet? It's very sad, and scary too.  :'(

God, and I thought I had it bad here in Indiana.
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

mvansand76

« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2007, 04:33:12 pm »
I hate to put a damper on things, but they have a rather distressing article about gay people in Iraq.

You've got the issue now? I don't have it yet. Tell us about the article, though, please.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2007, 04:36:56 pm »

No matter how bad it is anywhere in the U.S., it is much worse in Islamic countries.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2007, 05:15:15 pm »
You've got the issue now? I don't have it yet. Tell us about the article, though, please.

The article follows a gay Iraqi named Ali Hili (he was forced to change his name) who moved to the UK with the help of a Dutch couple in Amsterdam (Edwin Dadema and Jean Phillipe de Bliek). He now has a British lover in the UK. The couple has been receiving hate mail and death threats from the Islamic community.

One email showed the beheading of a gay Iraqi and it read: " This cold habbens [sic] for you and your Iraqi mather facker [sic] soon.... if he no listen for us and surender [sic] to his government".

Most of Ali's gay friends in Iraq have now been executed, and they even showed a picture of it. It's just really tragic and sad Melissa. It's a very difficult thing to read. We must remember that there are probably several million gay Iraqis living in Iraq, and they are suffering terribly right now. The article stated that gay people were treated fairly well under Saddam Hussein (at least compared to other Islamic countries) but ever since he was removed from government, things have gone from bad to worse for gay people there.

THANKS A LOT PRESIDENT BUSH!!  >:(   >:(   >:(   >:(   >:(   >:(
« Last Edit: January 24, 2007, 05:17:56 pm by David925 »
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

mvansand76

« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2007, 07:43:25 am »
The article follows a gay Iraqi named Ali Hili (he was forced to change his name) who moved to the UK with the help of a Dutch couple in Amsterdam (Edwin Dadema and Jean Phillipe de Bliek). He now has a British lover in the UK. The couple has been receiving hate mail and death threats from the Islamic community.

One email showed the beheading of a gay Iraqi and it read: " This cold habbens [sic] for you and your Iraqi mather facker [sic] soon.... if he no listen for us and surender [sic] to his government".

Most of Ali's gay friends in Iraq have now been executed, and they even showed a picture of it. It's just really tragic and sad Melissa. It's a very difficult thing to read. We must remember that there are probably several million gay Iraqis living in Iraq, and they are suffering terribly right now. The article stated that gay people were treated fairly well under Saddam Hussein (at least compared to other Islamic countries) but ever since he was removed from government, things have gone from bad to worse for gay people there.

THANKS A LOT PRESIDENT BUSH!!  >:(   >:(   >:(   >:(   >:(   >:(

Hopefully I will be able to get GQ in Amsterdam (sometimes it takes a long time for US magazines to come out), I need to read this article.