Author Topic: Vote for BBM on IMDb's daily poll question TODAY!  (Read 5702 times)

Offline newyearsday

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • ponygirl
Vote for BBM on IMDb's daily poll question TODAY!
« on: January 19, 2007, 11:16:01 am »
Here's our chance to right a wrong: On IMDb today, the daily poll question asks,

In the past two decades, five films were awarded BEST DIRECTOR but saw the award for BEST PICTURE go to another movie. Which one do you think most deserved to be BEST PICTURE? (this is a paraphrasing of the question)

Go to the link below to cast your votes, hopefully for BBM!

http://imdb.com/poll/

Right now, Brokeback Mountain is running a distant second to Saving Private Ryan. Let's do something about that!

Revelationtees--wear them for good. Profits go to the Matthew Shepard Foundation: www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.com & www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.net (for EU)
"One life, with each other..."

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
Re: Vote for BBM on IMDb's daily poll question TODAY!
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2007, 11:25:33 am »
done!!!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2007, 11:26:46 am »
me too ;)  And you can vote multiple times and watch the numbers accumulate!  ::)
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline Kd5000

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2007, 11:27:36 am »
Done.  I did my civic duty as a Brokie. ;D

You can vote multiple times? 

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2007, 11:29:00 am »
Done here as well.  I can't believe Saving Private Ryan is winning by that much.  What a crock o' shite.  It was a good movie, but the last 10 minutes of it were completely disposable, as can pretty much be said for all of Spielberg's movies.  Not so with Brokeback.  Idiots.

No more beans!

Offline Kd5000

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2007, 11:34:02 am »
I was going to post the poll on the BBM IMDB msg board, but I'm worried it might do more harm then good. The trolls you know. 

Interesting post on TOB today.  We can't do anything about this though.  I'm not a member of the AFI.  But if anyone is, let's make sure it's added as one of the top 100 films.  Evidently, they revise their list from time to time. The bad news is that there are 40 other films in competiton. :(  Moulin Rouge?? Austin Powers?? and of course Trash, I mean Crash. The nerve.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The American Film Institute will revive its 100 greatest films list and BBM is among the new films elible for inclusion. But then again, so is CRASH.

AFI to reprise its top-100 films list

LOS ANGELES - The 100 best movies of all time aren't what they were 10 years ago.

So says the American Film Institute, which first compiled its "100 Years ... 100 Movies" list in 1998. That's why they are doing it again — and plan to repeat the process each decade, AFI president and chief executive Jean Picker Firstenberg said Thursday.

"So much has changed in our country," she said. "Let's just hope there's not another 9/11, but clearly that shifted everything in our lives and shifted everything for anyone who chronicles the human condition."

The decade-by-decade ranking allows filmmakers and fans to examine the changes in what American movies say about life and culture, Firstenberg said.

"Will war films have a different prominence 10 years later," she wonders. "Will new voices be more dominant than we might have thought? Will films that were lower on the list rise higher?"

A jury of 1,500 directors, producers, actors, critics and scholars will select the greatest movies of all time from a ballot of 400 nominated films. They are asked to consider each film's critical recognition, historical significance, cultural impact and popularity over time.

"Citizen Kane" topped the first "100 Years ... 100 Movies" list, followed by "Casablanca," "The Godfather," "Gone With the Wind" and "Lawrence of Arabia."

"100 Years ... 100 Movies — 10th Anniversary Edition" will be unveiled in June with a three-hour TV special on CBS.

Forty-four films from the past 10 years are now eligible for consideration, including "Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery," "Brokeback Mountain," "Moulin Rouge," "Fight Club" and "Crash."

moremojo

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2007, 11:35:19 am »
Just voted on the IMDb; doing my little bit to rectify a BIG wrong.

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2007, 11:35:39 am »
I voted. #1149  

BBM is number 2 on this list at 20.2% of the votes cast.

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2007, 11:42:43 am »
If Crash ends up being on that list of 100 - even at number 100 - I swear I'll throw up.

No more beans!

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2007, 12:06:19 pm »
I voted a bunch of times, but BBM is still no. 2 with 19.9%. Saving Private Ryan is still way out in front.

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline SFEnnisSF

• BBM Radio Program Director
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2007, 12:12:55 pm »
I voted!  ;D

Offline newyearsday

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • ponygirl
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2007, 12:16:52 pm »
Go Brokies, Go!
Revelationtees--wear them for good. Profits go to the Matthew Shepard Foundation: www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.com & www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.net (for EU)
"One life, with each other..."

Offline j.U.d.E.

« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2007, 12:18:11 pm »
I voted too. My vote starts with a 'S' and has three words.

.. just kiddin'!   :P

I tried multiple voting, but nothing worked..  ???

I didn't even know there was such a thing as 'daily poll' on IMDb! How do you get there, when you're on the main page www.imdb.com?

j. U. d. E.
MLK - - - - - - - - - - - - HAL - - - - - - - - - - - - BHO
*15 jan 1929 - †04 apr 1968 | *04 apr 1979 - † 22 jan 2008 | *04 aug 1961 -

moremojo

« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2007, 01:02:37 pm »
I didn't even know there was such a thing as 'daily poll' on IMDb! How do you get there, when you're on the main page www.imdb.com?
What I did was log-in on the main IMDb page, and then type in the imdb.com/poll URL--was still logged in, and could vote. I'm sure there must be a more direct way to do it, but it wasn't evident to me.

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2007, 07:06:34 am »
Too late for me, it's already a new daily poll, though gay-related.

Offline j.U.d.E.

« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2007, 08:45:41 am »
Too late for me, it's already a new daily poll, though gay-related.
'Yes way'..

Well, it's not really up to me to take that decision of course - I think it's the series' cast and crew who shoud find a solution. But the 'event' really seemed to upset T.R. Knight, so I think something's gotta happen! George O'Malley was my favourite cast member from the get go. Well, at least from the very first time I saw an episode of Grey's Anatomy. I'm not following it religiously, but when I get a chance to see an episode, it's always good!

j. U. d. E.

Offline j.U.d.E.

« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2007, 08:46:30 am »
What I did was log-in on the main IMDb page, and then type in the imdb.com/poll URL--was still logged in, and could vote. I'm sure there must be a more direct way to do it, but it wasn't evident to me.
Yes, not that simple.. hm.. I'll search some more. Thank you.

j. U. d. E.