Author Topic: Saw the Hand Holdin'.  (Read 31484 times)

Offline optom3

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Saw the Hand Holdin'.
« Reply #90 on: September 20, 2008, 11:18:00 am »
Thanks Lee, it really is fun to look at these old threads sometimes.  A lot of great words of Brokie-wisdom being exchanged in those early days of discovery.

And, for the sake of completing the circle... I'll post a link to the thread over in the Heath Remembrance forum that's taken a serious turn towards the hand-holding/TS1 topic.  LOL, it's actually the thread about The Dark Knight with Spoilers.  The conversation somehow turned to whether BBM is better in widescreen or fullscreen and then the hand-holding topic came up.  It's been going on for about 3 pages starting here:

http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php/topic,21558.msg399809.html#msg399809

And, I of course also posted a link to this old CT thread over there... so now the circle really is complete.

;D

How apt, that almost every thread eventually wends its circuitous way, back to BBM. It really is the epi center of all things Heath, no matter how much we may love and laud his other performances, the lure of BBM remains irresistible.

Offline Gabreya

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #91 on: September 20, 2008, 06:48:36 pm »
Yes. His performance in this movie is simply irresistable. It's his role of a lifetime and he did a wonderful job. :)

And I'm guilty for kind of bumping the topic on the "Dark Knight with spoilers" thread on the Heath Remembrance forum. But I was getting a bit confused. I knew that they were holding hands in the scene but since it was so darn dark and the hands were kind of offscreen, I couldn't tell who grabbed whose hand.

Hmm. O0

Offline Katie77

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #92 on: September 21, 2008, 06:56:59 pm »
Just when I thought I knew every bloody scene, smile, kiss and eyebrow raise in BBM.....I discover something else.

Obviously, I have watched TS1 over and over again........and I guess my eyes have always been diverted away from the hands, because I have never noticed the hand holding.

I will have the DVD playing within in the hour, to watch it again.

And yes, isn't it interesting reading those old threads. I wonder where a lot of those members are now, and if they are still obsessed with the movie. My guess, is they would be.

Oh, I remember the scramble back then to get the DVD so we could see the movie frame by frame, with more light for those scenes that were too dark at the movies, and to bring Jack and Ennis into our homes.  It felt like we cemented the friendship with them, once they were in our own personal space, and we could see them whenever we wanted to.
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline Gabreya

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #93 on: September 26, 2008, 12:09:22 am »
Just when I thought I knew every bloody scene, smile, kiss and eyebrow raise in BBM.....I discover something else.

Obviously, I have watched TS1 over and over again........and I guess my eyes have always been diverted away from the hands, because I have never noticed the hand holding.

I will have the DVD playing within in the hour, to watch it again.

And yes, isn't it interesting reading those old threads. I wonder where a lot of those members are now, and if they are still obsessed with the movie. My guess, is they would be.

Oh, I remember the scramble back then to get the DVD so we could see the movie frame by frame, with more light for those scenes that were too dark at the movies, and to bring Jack and Ennis into our homes.  It felt like we cemented the friendship with them, once they were in our own personal space, and we could see them whenever we wanted to.

Ditto. :)

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • We are all the same. Women, men, gay, straight
« Reply #94 on: December 27, 2008, 09:25:08 pm »
Great thread! ;D

I just re-watched the movie but I still can´t see any tender hand holding though. All I can see is Jack grabbing Ennis´ hand (forcefully so) and shoving it up to his...well..private parts. I doubt that Ennis would have touched it without a little help.... :)

but maybe I´m just too distracted by other things. Next time I´ll turn off the sound and just look with my right eye open

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #95 on: December 27, 2008, 09:41:46 pm »
Great thread! ;D

I just re-watched the movie but I still can´t see any tender hand holding though. All I can see is Jack grabbing Ennis´ hand (forcefully so) and shoving it up to his...well..private parts. I doubt that Ennis would have touched it without a little help.... :)

Yes, that happened, but earlier. After they bolted upright and then Ennis turned him 'round, pulled down his jeans, and entered him, Jack started huffing and puffing, and then when they were nearing the climax, Ennis grabbed his hand to steady him...probably pretty intense for Jack with nothin' but spit!!
"chewing gum and duct tape"