Author Topic: Gayest Foods Ever  (Read 57970 times)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
Re: Gayest Foods Ever
« Reply #120 on: January 20, 2007, 11:16:32 pm »
I don't know that mixing was the problem, just the "too much." I have know people to drink to much beer and get sick ... but that was a long, long time ago.

Well, you're a nurse. Don't "they" say you should never "mix" wine and beer? That's what I was always told.

I suppose I count as a real woman and my drink of choice is wine these days. But in my wild and crazy youth, I was know to enjoy gin and tonics.

L

Gin and tonic is "wild and crazy"?  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #121 on: January 20, 2007, 11:47:02 pm »
That sounds like you were OK. You had food. You spread it out. You weren't guzzling like a frat boy at a party--like one of my college roommates who mixed too much wine and beer and then got sick in his bed in our dorm room.  :-X

Oh YUCK!  :P
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #122 on: January 21, 2007, 02:43:00 am »
Oh YUCK!  :P

Tell you what, you can say that again!

That roommate, he owed me ... for having to put up with the smell, and for the loan of a clean pair of sheets!
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #123 on: January 21, 2007, 03:23:57 am »
one of my college roommates who mixed too much wine and beer

Yuck, but I think the key part here is not "wine and beer" or even "too much," but "college."

I make no claims to be a real lady, so I drink wine, beer, martinis, margaritas ... just about anything in front of me. Separately, together, whatever. But I try to be a bit measured about it. More so than in college, anyway.

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #124 on: January 21, 2007, 05:22:38 am »
Tell you what, you can say that again!

That roommate, he owed me ... for having to put up with the smell, and for the loan of a clean pair of sheets!

He DID owe you.  I am certain that I never had a spare set of clean sheets tidily waiting for me when I was in college. 

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #125 on: January 21, 2007, 05:35:07 pm »
He DID owe you.  I am certain that I never had a spare set of clean sheets tidily waiting for me when I was in college. 

My mother made sure of that.

I make no claims to be a real lady.

I think the entity in question was "real woman," and I suppose that may not be the same thing as a "real lady"?  ;D

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #126 on: January 21, 2007, 05:53:56 pm »
My mother made sure of that.

I think the entity in question was "real woman," and I suppose that may not be the same thing as a "real lady"?  ;D

Ah, mom....

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #127 on: January 22, 2007, 10:00:34 am »
Ah, mom....

L

Yeah, she made sure of it. One pair of sheets for on the bed and one pair of sheets for in the laundry.  :D