Author Topic: Green Eyes  (Read 15568 times)

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: Green Eyes
« Reply #30 on: December 31, 2008, 11:50:09 am »

I agree with you.  But that is how it is sometimes.  Louise got her share of it as well.  I dont understand either
how people can act like that.  If you dont like it, its easy to just ignore it.  But some people think the world needs to
hear their opinion on everything.  Wherther it wants to hear it or not...  That kind of stuff is why nearly all of the
stories on live journal are friends locked now.

By the way, my name is Janice

Beautiful mind

Offline fierytopazgirl

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #31 on: December 31, 2008, 12:36:05 pm »
Hi Janice its so great to meet you!!!!   :-*  I'm Amber and I'm a member of Ennisjack.com where I was mostly following BBM fics before I discovered this site too.

I'm so sad that I didnt get to see the movie until last year cuz by the time I found these fandoms a lot of really good writers were already gone and deleting their work.  That is so sad that they were subjected to nasty people who cant just excercise their freedom of choice and pass over a story they dont like.  I mean how hard is that???? 

Well I saw that the author of "Green Eyes" is a member here so maybe I can PM her and beg for a copy of her story!!!!!   :laugh:  I've gotten really good at begging lately, trying to find stories I hear so much about but cant find on LJ anymore. 

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
  • We are all the same. Women, men, gay, straight
« Reply #32 on: January 06, 2009, 04:06:45 pm »
This story was quite the ride. Half of the time I felt like trowing the computor into the wall and I´m not kidding.
I think the story was well-written in that that it was impossible to guess where it was heading.
At one point I thought it was a vamp story, at another point I thought for certain that Bob White was some weird incarnation of the devil. I also entertained the thought that Bob White was actually Ennis´s own Mr Hyde for quite some time (an idea I quite liked). I´m still surprised that as it turned out, Bob White was not any type of supernatural being. But perhaps he, after all, turned out to be a bigger threath than any monster ever could be.

I must admitt that by the end of it, I felt like that if I had to read any more smut between Bob White and Jack, I would have imploded. O0
Ennis became almost a supporting character in a story about Bob White and Jack. The underlying thought of this story seems to be to punish Ennis for constantly saying "no" to Jack, and I´m not a believer in that.

But it was...interesting to read something that was quite different from anything else in the fandom. But at the same time, the story left me feeling somewhat sick to my guts. I guess I feel quite protective of Ennis :)

btw. I never understood what "green eyes"refers to

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #33 on: January 06, 2009, 04:50:43 pm »
I think "Green Eyes" referred to the color of Bob White's eyes which Jack was "hypnotized" by.

My personal opinion of the story was that it was over-the-top and sort of silly.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #34 on: January 06, 2009, 05:04:17 pm »
I think "Green Eyes" referred to the color of Bob White's eyes which Jack was "hypnotized" by.

I´m not sure. Bob White´s eyes are usually refered to as "dark" and Jack compares them to Ennis´s eyes.
But I don´t know whose eyes the title would otherwise refer to so perhaps I missed something (I did skip parts of the Bob/Jack sex scenes O0)

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #35 on: January 06, 2009, 05:14:06 pm »
I´m not sure. Bob White´s eyes are usually refered to as "dark" and Jack compares them to Ennis´s eyes.
But I don´t know whose eyes the title would otherwise refer to so perhaps I missed something (I did skip parts of the Bob/Jack sex scenes O0)

I really can't remember any more details because it has been so long since I read it - at least two years.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #36 on: January 06, 2009, 05:19:20 pm »
I really can't remember any more details because it has been so long since I read it - at least two years.
that´s alright. I know I´m late to the party. (a couple of years or so...)

Offline fierytopazgirl

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #37 on: January 06, 2009, 06:10:50 pm »
Sometimes its an expression that when someone is jealous they are green eyes.  Does that make any sense in context to this story? 

Offline Luvlylittlewing

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #38 on: January 06, 2009, 09:35:52 pm »
Sometimes its an expression that when someone is jealous they are green eyes.  Does that make any sense in context to this story? 

I think so!   

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #39 on: January 06, 2009, 09:42:08 pm »
Well, Ennis is jealous of Bob White, Jack is jealous of Ennis´girlfriend and Bob White is jealous of Ennis, so there is a lot of that going around.
That might be it :)