Author Topic: BetterMostian Activity at the Brokeback BBQ2007 in Estes Park, Colorado  (Read 11917 times)

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
Re: BetterMostian Activity at the Brokeback BBQ2007 in Estes Park, Colorado
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2007, 11:18:39 am »
I need more votes!! It won't be long before I will be starting to line up these activities and make reservations!!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2007, 12:51:03 pm »
I'm going to add more options, including games ( Soccer, Croquet, Ultimate Frisbee, Archery, Scavenger Hunts, Volleyball, Capture the Flag) and hayrides. You can revise your votes if you wish!!

Offline LauraGigs

• BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
    • My Design Portfolio
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2007, 01:17:08 pm »
Just to clarify "scene re-enactments" further, here are some possible ideas:

Solo Impromptu Line Reading. Contestants are handed a piece of paper with a line. Such as: "You pair a deuces lookin' for work, I suggest you get your scrawny asses in here pronto" or  "I know that I shall meet you . . .  water walkin' Jee-sus, take me awaaaaaay".  (Not the heavier stuff. This is all about having fun.)

Impressions.  Such as:  The Cassie Hair-Swing.  Jack Leaning Against the Truck Provacatively.  Ennis Running After Pack Mules Cursing.  The Jack Rodeo Dance.  Pantomimed Chilean Sheep-Dragging.

Impromptu Dialogues.  Volunteers will be teamed up to read short scenes together.  Such as:  "Hey Monroe, is Alma here? She's in the condiments aisle. The wha? Uh, ketchup. Thanks."

LaShawn Line Reading  (Without stumbling. Extra credit if in one breath.)
"It's a good thing that you and Lu happened along when you did, or else we'd still be stuck on the side of the road in that dern pickup. I told Randall we oughta take the car, 'course he don't ever listen to me. He wouldn't listen to me if he was goin' deaf tomorrow. I told him it takes more than chewing gum and baling wire to fix that pickup. Well, he's never been very mechanical though."
or:
"When I was right out of SMU I coulda had my pick of pretty much any job in North Dallas, so my pick was Neiman Marcus which was a disaster because, honey, where clothes is concerned, I got no resistance, I was spending more than I made, more than Randall ever will make. We come out here thinking ranching was still big hats and Marlboros, boy, were we behind the times!"
or:
"…and then I pledged Tri Delt at SMU and I sure never thought I'd end up in a pokey little place like Childress, but then I met old Randall here at an Aggie game, and he was an animal husbandry major. So we been here a month, he got the foreman job over at Roy Taylor's ranch. Like it or not, here I am!"

These ideas may look daunting, but they'd be a blast!

moremojo

« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2007, 01:21:52 pm »
I voted for Miniature Golf/horseshoes. I haven't played Miniature Golf in years, and I know I would enjoy that. I'm also thinking in terms of something that wouldn't prove too strenuous for my out-of-shape forty-year-old body, in addition to something that would be inclusive of my accompanying sixty-four-year-old honorary Brokie mom!

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2007, 03:28:38 pm »
I added a few things--there's a sandy beach at Estes Lake. Surrey bikes are tandem bikes where two can ride side-by-side. The Fall River Hydroplant is a historic working hyropower facility.

Yes, you can change your vote if you've already voted!

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2007, 05:07:32 pm »
Added photography session--we can select our subjects--landscapes, wildlife, fellow Brokies, whatever!

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2007, 11:17:35 pm »
We are also planning to have a slide show at the hoedown and show all the terrific photography produced during the event!!

Another idea is to combine events, such as a photography hike.

We are definitely planning to have a hayride on Sunday evening with dinner "out" in the woods.

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2007, 11:50:34 am »
Hey FRontina, could we separate games into "Outdoor games" and "BBM-related indoor games like Scrabble?"  (Not that I think Ennis and Jack played Scrabble a lot.)  Because I would sign up for the indoor ones.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2007, 11:59:13 am »
I picked "hike," but I was hoping to be allowed more than one, because actually there are several I'd be amenable to.

I'm not much for games that require any coordination or athletic ability, but Scrabble sounds very fun!

For line reading, maybe we could form a big circle and start reciting the whole movie, taking turns on each line. When you can't think of the next line, you're out!  :-X

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2007, 12:00:50 pm »
I split games into outdoor and indoor. I also changed the poll so you can vote for up to three things!!

If you've already voted, you can remove your vote and start over!

Thanks for participating!