Author Topic: The Bettermost Drabblefest: Please Join In!  (Read 1203659 times)

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: The Bettermost Drabblefest: Please Join In!
« Reply #1350 on: May 18, 2007, 12:33:35 am »

_ 
    In Oregon ours is pronounced La fay ette   

My goodness Milli. you have left me with no words to say.. That is just magnificent.  I have never read a greater love poem......guh!!!!!!!               

Beautiful mind

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #1351 on: May 18, 2007, 11:55:16 am »
                                                    _ 
    In Oregon ours is pronounced La fay ette   

My goodness Milli. you have left me with no words to say.. That is just magnificent.  I have never read a greater love poem......guh!!!!!!!               

Thanks Janice!  :)

Seems like I'm the only one who pronounces the name..Fah-yette..lol.

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #1352 on: May 18, 2007, 12:00:41 pm »
Mornin' all.. :)

Here are a few prompts for today..

* peachy
* illusion
* drunk as a skunk

I hope they inspire!  ;)

~M

Offline cwby30

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #1353 on: May 18, 2007, 02:56:58 pm »
Circle JE Ranch, April 1995

“’Partner’ … always like it when ya call me that, Enn, makes me real proud, to be yer partner.” Jack’s eyes reflected the joy his words conveyed.

That remark hit home for Ennis. Until Jack came along, no one except his mama had ever said he was proud of him.  He showed up outside of Aguirre’s trailer that June an orphan deuce ranch hand, with $10 in a tobacco can, hardly no education, two shirts, no drawers, no socks, a hard worker but just a nobody with nothing going nowhere. Then Jack fucking Twist roared into his life on screeching tires, smiled at him, reached out and took his hand, looked square into his eyes and saw him.  And made him look back, too, and see himself reflected in those wonderful deep blue eyes.  That smile of Jack’s lit up the farthest recesses of his heart, unlocking the door shut so firmly after his mama had died, allowing his feelings to float free again.  And look at him now!  Like a Midway magician at the County Fair, Jack had turned a deuce nobody into a somebody, a pair a deuces into a pair a kings.

Ennis looked deep and steady into those loving blue eyes across the table, put his right hand tenderly over Jack’s, squeezed the hand that held him firm and steady always, and spoke slowly and quietly. “I love ya, John Edward Twist, Jr., and I will have ya and hold ya no matter what comes along, through all the time I have left on this here earth, and forever after, too.” 

Jack blinked back the moisture in his eyes, and had to swallow twice to clear the lump in his throat. He looked deep and steady into the amber eyes of the man he had loved for almost 32 years, put his left hand over Ennis’, held firm those calloused hands that held him gently and lovingly always, and spoke slowly and quietly. “I love ya, too, Ennis James Del Mar, and I will have ya and hold ya no matter what comes along, for the rest of my life, and forever after, too.”

And they sat there gazing at each other through quiet tears of joy, a pledge renewed, holding hands in the morning stillness of their kitchen, in their home, on their ranch, where they lived their sweet life that they had built together. 

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #1354 on: May 18, 2007, 05:37:05 pm »
Hiya!
Happy friday to all..
Here is my dabble.. :)

Drunk words = Sober Thoughts

Ennis tumbled on top of Jack and moaned into his neck loudly.  “Ahhh…” he sighed, nestling his head on Jack’s bare chest.

Jack laughed, “Ennis, ya doing okay?”

“Jus’ peachy,” he responded, making himself comfortable beside Jack.

“Ya been at the whiskey again, haven’t ya?”

“Wuz beginnin’ to wonder if you was coming back for supper or not,” he slurred.  “So I jus’ drank some whiskey while I’s waitin’ … but only a bittle lit.. only a lit..”

Jack laughed, “Only a lit, is it?  Ennis, yer drunk as a fuckin’ skunk!  Okay… I’ll let ya sleep it off..” he started to move away when Ennis clung to his arms and held on tight.

“No... Don’t go, Jack... please...” he pleaded, drawing closer to Jack and draping a lazy arm over his chest.   “Ya feel so good…If ya go, whut the fuck d’ya expect me to do?”  Jack smiled at Ennis' incoherent words and the groggy look on his face.. 

“We should jus’ stay up here forever … you an’ me.  Fuck ev’ythin’ else!  Fuck the woolies and ... I reckon, Aguirre too!  Just you an’ me, up here forever..  What d’ya sink?” he slurred on.  “Wanna stay here with me forever..?” he buried his head into Jack’s neck again, his tongue grazing the soft skin for a moment.  Jack smiled and brought Ennis’ head onto his chest, watching as Ennis’ eyes drooped. 

He thought about that moonlit night weeks ago when they’d both gotten drunk and he’d ended up on his knees in the tent, Ennis on top of him, pounding into him..  He felt a bit warm now just from thinking about that night.  He could feel Ennis’ erection pressed into his thigh now, even as Ennis was drifting off into alcohol induced slumber. 

A few moments later, Ennis was snoring softly on his chest… He thought of the words Ennis had spoken before he fell asleep.. “Wanna stay here with me forever..?”  he’d asked. Hell fuckin’ yeah, he thought to himself.  Too bad Ennis was pissed drunk when he said it...  He sighed and in a little while, he drifted off to sleep..

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #1355 on: May 18, 2007, 07:11:44 pm »

This has been a wonderful drabble day,,,so many drabbles so little time....each and every one a joy
                                         thanks guys and gals...........................................janice

Beautiful mind

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "you bet"
« Reply #1356 on: May 18, 2007, 10:58:57 pm »
. . .
And they sat there gazing at each other through quiet tears of joy, a pledge renewed, holding hands in the morning stillness of their kitchen, in their home, on their ranch, where they lived their sweet life that they had built together. 

Now there's an ending I can live with.   :)

Drunk words = Sober Thoughts
. . . 

:(   Great insight, as always, M. 

Thanks,
Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #1357 on: May 19, 2007, 11:10:57 am »
Happy Saturday - here's some prompts for any weekend drabblers:

• Saturday
  • eggs
  • vim and vigor

Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline cwby30

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #1358 on: May 20, 2007, 07:35:44 pm »
Afternoon, Marie.

Thanks for all the kind words about my "drabbles." Was also an ending that I could live with.  Not that it's the end, of course; a new day just dawned!

Have to say how much I respect all the writers out there, especially those writing the multi-part stories. From experience now, the words do come but often not that easily or in the order expected.  The vision and story you have in mind can take on a life of its own, and start heading down a different path.  Sometimes you have to rein it in and head back to the main trail, and save that path to explore later on, maybe in the same story, maybe in another. 

Anyway, think I'll try some more.  It's fun.  Besides, I found a few more paths to explore while writing what I have so far.  Think I'll let the reins loose a little, see where we go. 

Thanks again.

cwby 30

Offline notBastet

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • no way out but through
« Reply #1359 on: May 20, 2007, 10:32:01 pm »

Kell
- I pronouce it - FAH-yette..  :)

very interesting, everyone's was just a little different.  your's sounds just like you, now that I read it.

my high school was law'-fee-ette.  the town in alabama was two syllables: Lah-fette'
« Last Edit: May 20, 2007, 10:40:09 pm by notBastet »
“It can be a little distressing to have to overintellectualize yourself” - Heath Ledger