Author Topic: The Bettermost Drabblefest: Please Join In!  (Read 1178250 times)

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: The Bettermost Drabblefest: Please Join In!
« Reply #160 on: February 09, 2007, 09:09:36 am »
       Ennis DelMar, sat on the tired, grey furniture, of the Greyhound Bus stop in Riverton Wyoming.
He was as tired and grey looking as the place in which he sat.  He was pensively looking in the
middle distance..He was looking into nothing in particular. He glances down and looks at
the fresh piece of apple pie he eats...Its a useless job he's doing though, because it seems
as tasteless as the cardboard box he left his old clothes and rags in for the local Goodwill.
       He moved out of his trailer today,,two shirts, a jacket, and an old worn quilt that used
to be his mamas.  He has wanted little in his life,,his horse, his gear, and that old quilt..
       He would have liked Jacks.lariet, one he took ever year on their trips to the back of
beyond..But now all he wanted was Jack..but Jack is dead and gone. And just his memory,
is left.  The shirts, and the quilt, and, oh'"God Jack! why did you go and git yourself killed..?
I know I ain't got nothin ..but i sure need you.... "        
« Last Edit: February 09, 2007, 11:15:59 am by ifyoucantfixit »

Beautiful mind

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #161 on: February 09, 2007, 09:18:29 am »

But now all he wanted was Jack..but Jack is dead and gone. And just his memory,
is left.  The shirts, and the quilt, and, oh'"God Jack" why did you go and git yourself killed..
I know I ain't got nothin much..but i sure need you...         

:'(  :'(

very sad but beautifully done Janice.
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline jpwagoneer1964

• Me and my 1951 DeSoto Suburban
« Reply #162 on: February 09, 2007, 12:05:46 pm »
  Ennis...Ennis can you hear me? I'm right her beside you bud. I can't ever tell you how much it means that your up here with me in my room. When I was growing up, didn't have no brothers or sisters, no other kids around.. Always had chores after school, no one would come all the way out here to play. The toy rider, the little pickup, nobody's hands on 'm but mine. And now here you are in my room where I lay in my bed under the quilt my mama sewed at night praying to the Lord to bring me someone so I wouldn't feel so all alone. And he sure answered my prayers bud, that day so many years ago when I first saw you, know 'n  I was a goin' to spend summer with ya, I knew then the Lord gave me Ennis Del Mar, you are  my very best friend, been everything to me, became a man with you that summer. Now don 't ya go worrin' about me always wishin' for what cudd'a' been, I'm save 'n a place for us and we'll be together for always.

Ennis..... could you please look in on my mama from time to time, it been so hard for her, I know you will bud...I know I don't even have' t ask.

One more thing Ennis, if you can hear me, go to the closet, there is something of both of ours together there, you'll know when you see it, take it keep it close, it'll help you through until were together again. I...I love you so very much Ennis.

Thank you Heath and Jake for showing us Ennis and Jack,  teaching us how much they loved one another.

Offline jpwagoneer1964

• Me and my 1951 DeSoto Suburban
« Reply #163 on: February 09, 2007, 12:34:59 pm »
August 18, 1963

Jack looked into  Ennis's eyes, was he going to say it?, say let's be goin' off ta fine a job at a ranch somewheres, come on Ennis, ya do need ta worry none. His insides began to crumble when he heard.. "Me an Alma, be gettin' married in November....."

Ennis looked at Jack not believing it might be the last he ever saw him. Say it Jack, you know the words, just say the word and Ah'll be in that there truck ah yours...be headin' off somewheres far from here, come on Jack just say it....
All he heard was. "Guess I'll be going to my daddy's place...help him thu the winter.....
« Last Edit: February 09, 2007, 01:45:53 pm by jpwagoneer1964 »
Thank you Heath and Jake for showing us Ennis and Jack,  teaching us how much they loved one another.

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #164 on: February 09, 2007, 01:21:27 pm »
       He moved out of his trailer today,,two shirts, a jacket, and an old worn quilt that used
to be his mamas.  He has wanted little in his life,,his horse, his gear, and that old quilt..
       He would have liked Jacks.lariet, one he took ever year on their trips to the back of
beyond..But now all he wanted was Jack..but Jack is dead and gone. And just his memory,
is left.  The shirts, and the quilt, and, oh'"God Jack! why did you go and git yourself killed..?
I know I ain't got nothin ..but i sure need you.... "        

Ennis..... could you please look in on my mama from time to time, it been so hard for her, I know you will bud...I know I don't even have' t ask.

One more thing Ennis, if you can hear me, go to the closet, there is something of both of ours together there, you'll know when you see it, take it keep it close, it'll help you through until were together again. I...I love you so very much Ennis.[/i]

August 18, 1963
Ennis looked at Jack no believing it might be the last  he ever saw him. Say it Jack, you know the words, just say the word and Ah'll be in that hteere truck ah yours...be headin' off somewheres farm from he, come on Jack just say it....
All he heard was. "Guess I'll be going to my daddy's place...help him thu the winter.....

Oh, God - y'all are killing me here.  And the pictures are so perfect .....

Thanks.

Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #165 on: February 09, 2007, 01:37:39 pm »
Ennis...Ennis can you hear me? I'm right her beside you bud. I can't ever tell you how much it means that your up here with me in my room. When I was growing up, didn't have no brothers or sisters, no other kids around.. Always had chores after school, no one would come all the way out here to play. The toy rider, the little pickup, nobody's hands on 'm but mine. And now here you are in my room where I lay in my bed under the quilt my mama sewed at night praying to the Lord to bring me someone so I wouldn't feel so all alone. And he sure answered my prayers bud, that day so many years ago when I first saw you, know 'n  I was a goin' to spend summer with ya, I knew then the Lord gave me Ennis Del Mar, you are  my very best friend, been everything to me, became a man with you that summer. Now don 't ya go worrin' about me always wishin' for what cudd'a' been, I'm save 'n a place for us and we'll be together for always.

One more thing Ennis, if you can hear me, go to the closet, there is something of both of ours together there, you'll know when you see it, take it keep it close, it'll help you through until were together again. I...I love you so very much Ennis.

that is simple wonderful Mark...beautiful ,,,                                                                           janice

Beautiful mind

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #166 on: February 09, 2007, 02:58:29 pm »
One more dabble ..  8)

You got me ..

Ennis sat amidst the swaying blades of grass
It was time to pack up and leave yet again.
He felt alone, he wanted to be alone.
He needed to be still when strange emotions overtook him
He needed to escape when he felt the need
To destroy anything that lay in his path.
He didn't want to be pensive, he didn't know what to think
He just needed to be alone ..

He looked down at the blue dot at the bottom of the hill,
His heart beat harder in his chest.
'What the fuck do I go back to now,
How am I expected to just walk away from him?'

The last three days had been blissful
Day and night seemed to bring them closer than ever.
They'd made love three times the night before
Hungry for each other, devouring every inch of skin
Only stopping when exhaustion got the better of them ..

"Hey Ennis!!  Get your butt down here!  Got somethin' to show you!"
Jack yelled out to him.
He slowly hauled himself up to his feet
Sulking as he made his way downhill.
He wandered listlessly into the tent, eyes downcast
"Hey cowboy," Jack said with a wink.
Ennis stood eyes wide, taking in the sight of him
Lounging on the bedroll, his hands beneath his head
Completely naked but for his boots and a lariat around his waist..
"You got me, cowboy"  he said with a twinkle in his eyes
"Now tame me!"

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #167 on: February 09, 2007, 03:47:13 pm »

Very  sweet.  i always die a little when they hurt....thank you
   milli                                                             janicee

Beautiful mind

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #168 on: February 09, 2007, 04:03:03 pm »

Very  sweet.  i always die a little when they hurt....thank you
   milli                                                             janicee

Aww..cheers J!  :-*

Scott6373

« Reply #169 on: February 09, 2007, 04:09:47 pm »
“Here ya go buddy.”  He handed the hot cup of tea to Jack, who grasped it in both hands.

“Thank yer,” he said as he let the warm liquid slip down his throat.  A moment later, Ennis could sense Jack falling asleep.  He gently touched Jack’s face as the blue eyes went dark with sleep.  The fever had broken, and he could feel the cool sweat break out over Jack’s forehead.  When Jack took sick a few days ago, Ennis cursed him silently for ruining this week, but with him sleeping and being healed by Ennis touch, he could now feel only what he would never say out loud.

He reached across his sleeping friend and tucked the quilt in around him.

122 words

This one's for Janice