Author Topic: The Bettermost Drabblefest: Please Join In!  (Read 1178121 times)

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "you bet"
Re: The Bettermost Drabblefest: Please Join In!
« Reply #590 on: March 07, 2007, 05:29:52 pm »
Oh Go ahead and write!

Yes!  Listen to Mark, young lady.  Don't make me stop this car!  LOL!!!

Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #591 on: March 07, 2007, 05:39:52 pm »
Oh Go ahead and write!

Pushes Janice further into the spotlight ..
  ;D

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #592 on: March 07, 2007, 05:53:04 pm »

Oh sure, now the pressure is trippled,,,, godfrey.....!!! no way to measure up

Beautiful mind

Offline Cameron

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #593 on: March 07, 2007, 05:54:43 pm »
Here's mine for today

A Very Dark Night

May 1981

The moon glowed brightly in the inky darkness of the night sky.  The light from the moon was shining through the plastic window of the tent.   Jack was sleeping soundly, his breath soft and even, a sweet look if contentment momentarily on his face.  Ennis was wide awake. 

He got up and walked towards the lake.  The North Star was twinkling in the sky. 

“Looks like Jack was all wrong about that snow” Ennis said to himself.

Ennis walked slowly back into the tent.  He went onto his knees and looked at Jack.

“Sometimes I miss you so much I can’t stand it at all”  he whispered to himself.

“Whaddya say?” Jack mumbled, stirring from his sleep.

“Nothin”

“Ya said somethin” Jack said, still half asleep.

“Nothin” Ennis replied, but he lied down and put him arm around Jack and tangled his legs with his own.  Ennis lay there thinking that being here like this made the times away so much harder.

'Maybe I oughta just stay away, then I won’t be missing so much', a terrible thought that flashed through his mind.

But for now, he pulled Jack tighter, and his hand began traveling…….all over. 
Ennis put off thinking for another day.

(210 words)

« Last Edit: March 07, 2007, 05:57:47 pm by marlb42 »

Offline Cameron

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #594 on: March 07, 2007, 06:01:36 pm »
M,

Just realized you wrote about the same night.  Absolutely beautiful. As usual.

Marl

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #595 on: March 07, 2007, 06:10:42 pm »
Cheers Marl ..
And both from Ennis' perspective too!  ;)

Offline Cameron

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #596 on: March 07, 2007, 06:18:49 pm »
M

Yeah, I get the words early in the morning and write it in RL during the day (no internet) and post first thing when I come home.  Guess we think alike.  Or at least have Ennis stuck in our minds (he is there in mine) :)

Marl

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #597 on: March 07, 2007, 06:25:51 pm »
    Jack and Ennis lay on the bedroll,  sweating profusely, from the aftermath of their, heated and boisterous sex.  Jack smiled up into the inkydarkness, and thought of  the many
times they had been this way.  How often over the years they had lain together, and in how many
different places.  Don't you ever wonder, he pondered, how, we seem to find just the right
way, just the right position, to twist our legs around each other. 
     "Well," Ennis replies," what , ya think we're sposed to do with em.?"
     "I can't say, but it seem like it would take more planning,,we just seem to do it.  "Heh,
"Jack, you are plum crazy.  You know that, don't ya?  Who else could fuck, the livin daylights
outa somebody, and be thinkin about their legs?"  "Jack chuckles, and rolls over onto his side
looking into his lover eyes."  "Well, I guess I should be just thinking about the stars and shooting stars then."  "Well cowboy, I definately got my work done then.  That last time, you pushed my spleen out the other end."  "I saw plenty a stars that time.."
« Last Edit: March 07, 2007, 06:29:50 pm by ifyoucantfixit »

Beautiful mind

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #598 on: March 07, 2007, 06:49:56 pm »
"Jack, you are plum crazy.  You know that, don't ya?  Who else could fuck, the livin daylights
outa somebody, and be thinkin about their legs?"  "Jack chuckles, and rolls over onto his side
looking into his lover eyes."  "Well, I guess I should be just thinking about the stars and shooting stars then."  "Well cowboy, I definately got my work done then.  That last time, you pushed my spleen out the other end."  "I saw plenty a stars that time.."

Ahem ..
 :o ;D
Thank you Janice!   ;)
« Last Edit: March 07, 2007, 06:58:04 pm by Lucise »

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #599 on: March 07, 2007, 07:06:41 pm »
Here's mine for today

A Very Dark Night

May 1981
.   .  .
'Maybe I oughta just stay away, then I won’t be missing so much', a terrible thought that flashed through his mind.

But for now, he pulled Jack tighter, and his hand began traveling…….all over. 
Ennis put off thinking for another day.

Putting off thinking about the unthinkable.  Damn.  Now I won't be able to stop thinking about it, Marl. 

Jack and Ennis lay on the bedroll,  sweating profusely, from the aftermath of their, heated and boisterous sex.  Jack smiled up into the inkydarkness, and thought of  the many
times they had been this way.  How often over the years they had lain together, and in how many
different places.  Don't you ever wonder, he pondered, how, we seem to find just the right
way, just the right position, to twist our legs around each other. 
     "Well," Ennis replies," what , ya think we're sposed to do with em.?"
     "I can't say, but it seem like it would take more planning,,we just seem to do it.  "Heh,

Janice, you are a one-of-a-kind delight!   :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:  I'm so happy you decided to drabble - I needed that!   :laugh:

Thanks,
Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain