Author Topic: The Bettermost Drabblefest: Please Join In!  (Read 1178140 times)

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
Re: The Bettermost Drabblefest: Please Join In!
« Reply #700 on: March 13, 2007, 04:18:31 am »
Oh it isnt early at all!
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "you bet"
« Reply #701 on: March 13, 2007, 12:00:45 pm »
May 9th, 1988

.  .  .
Scott  smiling witnessing the test of wills. “You want me to shave it off Ennis?”
Jacks eyes dart back and forth between Ennis and Scott, Ennis holding firm then slowly releasing pressure.

"Well I reckon…..but…..but only if he wants to.”

Excerpt from as yet unreleased 3rd chapter of "SHIRTS, SUITS....."

Ooo  - lucky Scott!   ;D  You've really whet my appetite, Mark - looking forward to it!  Thanks.

Oh it isnt early at all!

Hi, Louise! Nice seeing you over here!   No, I guess down under it's not early at all  :) 

Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline TH

• Jr. Ranch Hand
  • being surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses
Re: Talkin' to a friend.
« Reply #702 on: March 13, 2007, 12:20:53 pm »
I loved this one.   
TH,  this is my favorite of all that you've written so far.    :)   

That really struck a chord, telling Ennis to treat himself as well as he treated his horses. 
Really, really nice.   :)

C*

Thanks for your kind words...  -smile.

TH
I know you think I know that you know what you think I said.
Know you what you think I know you know is not what I meant?

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #703 on: March 13, 2007, 02:36:23 pm »
      Time, and time again, LD Newsome paces back and forth in the large showroom.  He is obviously his usual irritated self.  Jack doesn't think he has
ever seen him when he wasn't irritated about something, or another.  Except
for the time Bobby was born.
       He seems to be particularly aggravated this morning. Surprisingly it must not be at me.  Jack thinks.  Well "for Petes sake" i'm not going to put myself in
the line of fire.  I will just sit here and pretend to be the busiest salesman ever,
in the histoy of Newsome's Farm Equip. Co.
       Macy Garibali kind of trots up to LD, obviously having a bit of information to
convey, which is certainly not the hoped for news.  Now his face is getting redder by the minute.  About the time Jack thinks he is going to explode, his
face a darkening shade of fuscia.  The telephone rings.  "Yeah, Jack Twist."
The man on the line is somewhat taken aback.  "I would like to speak to LD
Newsome please." "I dont think you do.  Right now sir."  Jack says.  "What do
you mean sir, and who are you anyway?"  "I am his son in law.  Names Jack Twist."  "Who in the hell are you now?"  "Well I work for Lancaster Ford, just
wanted to let Mr. Newsome know his new Mustang had arrived, and he
can pick it up any time after 4:00 p.m."  "Well, Jack pauses, I will let him know."  "Thanks for callin."  "What was your name again, Jack asks."  "Gary Walker." "Ok thanks Gary.  I'll let him know."
       Jack slowly makes the move to get out of his seat, and go towards the door of his office.   Thinks to himself.  I hope this is the news he has been waiting to hear.  Slowly opens the door, and takes one step out.
LD looks at him and "What in blue blazes you want Rodeo," just wanta let you
know the Ford dealer, called.  Said, your new Mustang was ready anytime,
after 4:00."  "Well why didn't you say so, before?  He bellowed?"  "Well they
just called a minute ago."  "Well, i just told ya.  Thats all, I, can do." "Hummph,"
LD snorts and stomps off without further explanation.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2007, 09:51:12 pm by ifyoucantfixit »

Beautiful mind

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #704 on: March 13, 2007, 02:45:21 pm »
Howdy!  My dabble for the day ..
(Contains coarse language ..  8) )

All about Pete ..

Wednesday, August 7th 1963

They were both famished, each on his second bottle of beer and hungrily attacking another helping of beef stew and stale biscuits.  The past few days had been rough.  They’d already spent what seemed like countless hours separating their sheep from the Chilean herd.

“Fuckin’ nightmare!” Jack cursed, taking a swig of his beer. “There ain’t no way we’re gonna get the count right, damn paint brands are all gone.  An' them Chilean herders don't speak a lick of English!  Aguirre’s gonna shit a brick, I tell ya ..”

Ennis looked up from his meal and laughed, “Yer always bitchin’ about one thing or other Jack!  I reckon we’ll be done sorting them sheep out in a day or two..”

“An’ not a day sooner too.” Jack grumbled, placing his empty bowl on the ground and stretching his legs.  “There’s gotta be something every year, last year lightnin’ killed all them sheep and that was a worse fuckin’ nightmare than this is .. All them dead sheep everywhere and just two of us to take care of it ..”

Ennis lowered his eyes to his meal, “So who was you with up here .. last year I mean?”

Jack shifted a little on the log, his eyes fixed on the fire.  “His name was Peter.  He was from Mustang Ridge, ya know, down in Texas.  Good kid but damn, you think I bitch about everything?  Pete was worse!”

Ennis retrieved another beer from the pail of cold water a few feet away and lit himself a cigarette.  “So, you and ‘em, you used to stay in camp together?” he asked, regretting it as soon as the question left his lips.

“Sometimes ..” Jack answered, looking closely at Ennis.  “We both had to eat and rest in camp, Ennis..”

“I know that .. I didn’t mean .. forget it..” he took a gulp of his beer and kept his eyes lowered.

“Oh for pete’s sake, Ennis .. ya wanna know if I was fuckin’ 'em, right?”

“No.. I never said that.  It’s none of my business.. Look, I’m beat.  I’m gonna go git some rest.”  Ennis rose and walked back to the tent, cursing himself for initiating the conversation about this “Pete” person.  He didn’t care to know more about him or what he did with Jack or where the fuck he came from.  He heaved a deep sigh and entered the tent, lately everything in his head seemed to be in disarray …

A while later, Jack crawled onto the bedroll and lay down next to him.  “Ennis ..”

“Huh?”

“Don’t worry ..” Jack whispered, his hand sliding between Ennis’ legs.  “I didn’t …”

« Last Edit: March 13, 2007, 03:42:36 pm by Lucise »

Offline Beatrice

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #705 on: March 13, 2007, 04:25:12 pm »
OK, by special request, here is Jack's morphine induced fantasy from #34 of "Tainted Evidence" (Those of you not reading, it's set in New York City 2006) It's graphic, so be forewarned...

My head slams to the car hood, hot engine burning my cheek – Hey! It’s my Mustang! - can’t fight back…he’s holding me, pressing me down… handcuffed… trapped and caught…I’m his to play with and we both know it. ”Why didn’t you listen to me, goddamnit!”…jeans unbuttoned by a harsh hand, pulled down, ripped off, torn away…legs kicked apart… further… further…further, and the wind scratches dirt across my bare ass, gravel from the abandoned parking lot, newspaper sticks to my naked leg. “Said you would call! Said you would be careful!” Ennis’ shouting as he mounts me…ramming in, quick, hard, unrelenting…cock searing, splitting me in two…no warm-up, no grace period…just pounding…pounding…pounding…”I love you, Jack!” Head snatched back, his tongue plows in, teeth biting for the taste of blood…his hips beat my thighs to fiberglass, his cock I feel in my throat, his hand stings my ass…punishment for being foolish, a lesson to teach me my place…”Only one place where you belong, Jack!” ...and I want this, I need this...I want him, I need him...Each thrust, he’s yanking me up, cock pulling me up off the ground, cock filling me completely, cock punching my sweet spot, cock bullying me towards the edge…”With me, Jack, you belong with me, to me.” Nasty hand jerks on my cock, impatient, demanding, wrenching me to come, to explode in his hand as he unloads inside me. “Ennis without Jack is death. Ennis with Jack is -”

Jack has very vivid dreams, doesn't he?

B
"He was the refuge of my spirit, the sweet solace of my griefs...what more is there, then can I say? Was it not a foretaste of blessedness thus to love, and thus to be loved?" St. Aelred, from his eulogy for his lover, Simon.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #706 on: March 13, 2007, 04:30:57 pm »

All about Pete ..

Wednesday, August 7th 1963
He heaved a deep sigh and entered the tent, lately everything in his head seemed to be in disarray …

A while later, Jack crawled onto the bedroll and lay down next to him.  “Ennis ..”

“Huh?”

“Don’t worry ..” Jack whispered, his hand sliding between Ennis’ legs.  “I didn’t …”

Milli, I loved this one  :-*.

Keep on drabllin everyone  :). Hope I'll find time to participate again soon.

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #707 on: March 13, 2007, 04:34:47 pm »
Jack has very vivid dreams, doesn't he?

B

Hawt damn .. yeah!  ;D

Cheers Chrissi!  :-*

Offline Cameron

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #708 on: March 13, 2007, 04:40:24 pm »

The Beauty Parlor (Part III)

(June 1979)
Cassie walked into the beauty parlor.  “For Pete’s sake!” she said, almost aloud.  There was Alma again, getting her nails done with bright fuchsia polish this time.
“Can’t I ever just get my hair done without seeing her” Cassie thought.

“Hey, Cassie” Alma said, pretending to be friendly.
“Hello, Alma.”
“How’s Ennis?” Alma asked.

“Just great” Cassie answered.  She wanted so badly to just turn around and walk out, but she was going out with Ennis tonight to have dinner with the foreman and his family, so she had to look nice.

“Alma told me all about your day together.”  Alma said.
“Oh, really?” Cassie answered leafing through a magazine, “she’s a real nice girl.”

After this, Cassie went to get her hair washed, and then she sat down in the haircutter’s chair. There was Alma, sitting in the chair right next to hers.  “Why can’t I just have a normal life?” Cassie thought to herself.  “Why can’t I just meet a nice guy, have a couple of kids, but no, I get this” she thought glancing at Alma.

“Hey Cassie, does Ennis still go on those fishing trips with his friend Jack?” Alma asked looking straight into the mirror in front of her.

“Sometimes, why?"
“Just wondering, you ought to ask Ennis about them trips.”
“Why?”  Cassie asked, confused about what the big deal with the fishing trips could be.

But Alma was done, and had gotten out of the seat.
Cassie glanced outside through the big front window, there was Ennis, standing there waiting for her, standing next to an old blue Mustang.

“Oh Lord” Cassie exclaimed out loud.  She was starting to feel like she was in a real bad story in one of her magazines.

“Cassie, ask Ennis about them fishing trips” Alma repeated after she paid and was leaving the shop.

Alma then went over to Ennis, and they talked for a moment, then he looked at the ground and stood there shuffling his feet

Cassie was soon done and she left the shop too.  She kissed Ennis and they silently got into the truck and drove away.  Cassie looked over at Ennis, she decided she might as well ask.

“Ennis, what is it about those, Alma said I ……..”

But suddenly, Cassie remembered Alma’s book, the one with story about the two guys on the mountain, the one she read last time she saw Alma at the beauty parlor.  The one that had a guy named Ennis in it.

“Oh my God!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”  Cassie gasped, and it all was finally beginning to make sense.

(Excuse me for repeating myself, sort of.  This is an AU version of the real Cassie/Ennis/Alma story, whenever I get up to this time, if I do.)

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #709 on: March 13, 2007, 05:30:41 pm »
      Time, and time again, LD Newsome paces back and forth in the large showroom.  He is obviously his usual irritated self.  Jack doesn't think he has
ever seen him when he wasn't irritated about something, or another.  Except
for the time Bobby was born.
.  .  .

Gotta hate that guy, don't you?  You captured L.D. really well, Janice.

Aww, so did I - and thanks for the great pic!

Keep on drabllin everyone  :). Hope I'll find time to participate again soon.

We do too, Chrissi! :)

OK, by special request, here is Jack's morphine induced fantasy from #34 of "Tainted Evidence" (Those of you not reading, it's set in New York City 2006) It's graphic, so be forewarned...

Woo Hoo - glad to see you received the special request, B! 

The Beauty Parlor (Part III)
.  .  .
(Excuse me for repeating myself, sort of.  This is an AU version of the real Cassie/Ennis/Alma story, whenever I get up to this time, if I do.)[/i]

Thanks for giving us Part III, Marl!  How's the next chapter coming? 

Thanks, all
Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain