Author Topic: Best Friends Forever  (Read 71815 times)

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon & Contributor
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • ...a love that will never grow old
Best Friends Forever
« on: February 02, 2007, 04:22:16 am »
http://sienata.livejournal.com/16850.html

I am having a great time with AU!AU E&J-as-high-school-friends-becoming-more by Sienata. It is funny and fun and happy, not to mention hot as helll. Give a try, tell me what you think...

O0

Heathen

Offline Bigheart

Re: Best Friends Forever
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2007, 06:00:34 am »
me too, Roux!!

**SPOILERS**

I LOVE this story! And yes, I love her humour and dialogue and her fun sexy way of writing! Jeeeez yeah! It's often HOT AS HELL!

I loved  Ennis in the last chapter for standing up to his parents and for telling them how sure and serious he is about Jack.  Glad his father is being reasonably supportive of Ennis and told him he loves him :) His mother just totally rocks!
And God! He'd better gag Jack from now on!!  ;D Cause I can't imagine them doing absolutely nothing for 4 months!
I'm longing for some HOT KISSES!  ::)

;D

Offline littleguitar

• She was always a lonely child...
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2007, 10:59:47 am »
LOVE LOVE LOVE BFF!!!!!!

Ok, sorry, I just really love this story  ;)

Sienna has an amazing way of making even the most angsty situations fun and lighthearted, you always know that in the end the boys will get their shit together. She is also the MASTER of sexual tension.

If you like this story, you all should check out Boys of Blue Ridge and Boys in Love. Both are RPS, but very good. I actually like them better than BFF (especially Boys of Blue Ridge)
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

-- del Mar Painting, Ch. 48 by b73

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2007, 11:10:13 am »
Yep Mandy, I've been told many many times to get started on Boys of Blue Ridge, just like LMTyD!!  :P

What do you think of her latest AU!AU? That was inspired by your stories and Going Home  :) I can't remember what it's called now.

Offline littleguitar

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2007, 06:34:51 pm »
Yep Mandy, I've been told many many times to get started on Boys of Blue Ridge, just like LMTyD!!  :P

What do you think of her latest AU!AU? That was inspired by your stories and Going Home  :) I can't remember what it's called now.

Definitely start BOBR, get on that missy  :P  ;)

I actually haven't gotten a chance to start it yet, I just got home last night and so much has updated that it's overwhelming, I've only gotten to read TWaTT and Serenity Falls and her 3 chapters of BFF that updated while I was away. I've started reading all of the dMR/Jacob chapters I've missed too... so I'm going to read Sienna's new one tonight. I'm so flattered that she was inspired by my story though!  :)
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2007, 09:19:00 pm »
The tension she is creating in this story is just out of this world! I have had some reallllyyy late nights this week reading. BFF has had me peeking ahead to find out what is gonna happen because I just couldn't stand the suspense! What a crack-up in happy-go-lucky story and a testament to her story telling skills.

I lovelovelove this Ennis-so not the typical "Ennis" treatment that tends to drive me crazier. And horny, sweet, cranky, demanding Jack-could it be any better?!

I started Boys In Love last night but before I got very far 1:30am and my cats told me to get my ass to bed.

O0

Heathen

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2007, 11:01:55 pm »
This really is a good story!  I'm back in my usual situation of waiting patiently for updates at this point.  And, RouxB, I agree this Ennis is very, very different (and Jack is too in many ways). 
the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

mvansand76

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2007, 01:14:18 pm »
I had never heard of this author (probably because her first stories are RPS and I don't read RPS) but I read the first few chapters last night and I had to really get used to the subject matter, but I really like her characterisation and the way they come together is very well-written (I loved the part at the bleachers with the teenage girls talking about Jack and Ennis listening... LOL) and believable. Very interesting.

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2007, 02:07:37 pm »
RouxB,

thanks for posting the link. I have been reading for the best part of yesterday. I love it!

This really is a good story!  I'm back in my usual situation of waiting patiently for updates at this point. 

yep, me too. Although, i don't know about patiently  ;D

Does the author have a posting 'schedule'?

'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline welliwont

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2007, 03:01:49 pm »

I actually like them better than BFF (especially Boys of Blue Ridge)

I just can't begin to tell you how much I absolutely love Best Friends Forever.  I am 100% entranced by it, sorry Mandy, but I like this one the best of the three, but that's just me.

This really is a good story!  I'm back in my usual situation of waiting patiently for updates at this point.  And, RouxB, I agree this Ennis is very, very different (and Jack is too in many ways). 

I tried to make it a policy not to recommend any stories that are still WIP, and I told Amanda about BFF with a suggestion to wait till it is complete before starting it, but I guess you didn't listen, did you Amanda, hunh?   ::).  Amanda, I don't see how you can have any patience whatsoever over waiting for updates, I really don't.  The wait is excruciating for me.!   :-\

I would have to say that this is my all-time favourite story (right now, heheheh!)
Then the clouds opened up and God said, "I hate you, Alfafa."

Offline littleguitar

« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2007, 04:31:01 pm »
I just can't begin to tell you how much I absolutely love Best Friends Forever.  I am 100% entranced by it, sorry Mandy, but I like this one the best of the three, but that's just me.

No need to apologize  :-* Like I said, I absolutely love BFF and I can definitely see why it's your favorite. But I've been in a bit of an RPS mode lately, and Boys of Blue Ridge was complete when I found it, so I read it all in one sitting and fell in love  :)

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2007, 10:18:40 pm »
I tried to make it a policy not to recommend any stories that are still WIP, and I told Amanda about BFF with a suggestion to wait till it is complete before starting it, but I guess you didn't listen, did you Amanda, hunh?   ::).  Amanda, I don't see how you can have any patience whatsoever over waiting for updates, I really don't.  The wait is excruciating for me.!   :-\

Well, I agree the wait is excruciating.  But, sometimes when it comes to starting new fanfics "I got no resistance" (in the immortal words of LaShawn).  So, Jane, I guess I just need more recommendations of finished fanfics, hunh?!  ;) :-*  I'm glad you recommended this one... it's very good.  She updates so regularly that this one isn't as frustrating as some.

By the way!  If y'all haven't noticed yet.... Chapter 18 is now up!
 :-*
« Last Edit: February 03, 2007, 10:24:55 pm by atz75 »

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2007, 04:11:51 am »
I'm trying-not very successfullly-to read only completed works (I thought BFF was complete when I started it  ::) ). The upside is no-waiting, the downside is it isn't much fun to post comments to the author when the story is 10 years old  ;D

Once again it is pumpkin hour and I am still up reading fan freakin' fiction!

O0

Heathen

mvansand76

« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2007, 07:47:05 am »
I'm trying-not very successfullly-to read only completed works (I thought BFF was complete when I started it  ::) ). The upside is no-waiting, the downside is it isn't much fun to post comments to the author when the story is 10 years old  ;D

Once again it is pumpkin hour and I am still up reading fan freakin' fiction!

O0

Also, there is always the chance that the story won't get finished (see Dreaming..)... which is frustrating as hell!

God, this is a wonderful story, so different from all the others! It has almost nothing to do with Jack and Ennis, other than that they have the same names!

I read the whole 18 chapters in one weekend and could not put it down! Thank you so much for the recommendation. I need to leave a coherent comment on her livejournal, I am not sure if she is a bettermost member?

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2007, 10:36:31 am »
Also, there is always the chance that the story won't get finished (see Dreaming..)... which is frustrating as hell!

God, this is a wonderful story, so different from all the others! It has almost nothing to do with Jack and Ennis, other than that they have the same names!

I read the whole 18 chapters in one weekend and could not put it down! Thank you so much for the recommendation. I need to leave a coherent comment on her livejournal, I am not sure if she is a bettermost member?

Yeah Mel, that is SO frustrating and what I also find very frustrating is,  when you have NO idea whatsoever when  a fic will be updated again.  Most authors of fic's that I'm reading update once a week or week and a half and that is, of course, just great.

Siennata is not a BM member. And have you read her latest AU!AU which was inspired by Mandy's wonderful stories and Helen's Going Home? It's called A Little Something Extra and I really like it so far. I had to get used to her Ennis though at first. It's only 2 chapters in now so very easy to catch up on  :)

http://siennasta.livejournal.com/

mvansand76

« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2007, 10:46:31 am »
Yeah Mel, that is SO frustrating and what I also find very frustrating is,  when you have NO idea whatsoever when  a fic will be updated again.  Most authors of fic's that I'm reading update once a week or week and a half and that is, of course, just great.

Siennata is not a BM member. And have you read her latest AU!AU which was inspired by Mandy's wonderful stories and Helen's Going Home? It's called A Little Something Extra and I really like it so far. I had to get used to her Ennis though at first. It's only 2 chapters in now so very easy to catch up on  :)

http://siennasta.livejournal.com/

As long as it is not RPS I will read it to tide me over until the next BFF update!  :)

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2007, 10:56:48 am »
As long as it is not RPS I will read it to tide me over until the next BFF update!  :)

It's not RPS  :)

mvansand76

« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2007, 11:15:59 am »
It's not RPS  :)

Good!  :) Thanks, I will read it tonight, hope writing that story doesn't get in the way of writing BFF  >:(... LOL....

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2007, 11:23:07 am »
Good!  :) Thanks, I will read it tonight, hope writing that story doesn't get in the way of writing BFF  >:(... LOL....

LOL Mel! She assured all us faithful BFF readers that it would NOT get in the way!  ;D This was just something that she really needed to write too.

Offline littleguitar

« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2007, 11:28:49 am »
What's wrong with me! I just realized I still haven't read A Little Something Extra... I'm doing that today. I love Sienna's stories so much, she always makes me happy even at her angstiest...

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2007, 11:33:52 am »
What's wrong with me!

I don't know!! I'm usually the one behind on the good stories,  not you!!  :P   ::)

;D

mvansand76

« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2007, 11:37:58 am »
What's wrong with me! I just realized I still haven't read A Little Something Extra... I'm doing that today. I love Sienna's stories so much, she always makes me happy even at her angstiest...

I agree with you on BFF, I think that is so interesting about the story that it is such a happy story despite the awkward communication skills of the boys (and the angsty but also funny situations they get in), we as the reader always know what they feel for each other...

Offline littleguitar

« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2007, 11:46:30 am »
Mel do you not like RPS? Because I was going to say if you like BFF you should give Boys of Blue Ridge a try. It really is only Cliff and Jazza in name, an AU RPS and Sienna is brilliant with the angst and sexual tension in this and when they finally get together, so much love and beauty.

It's a good one for people who don't really get in to RPS, I read it back when i was completely against it. And it's complete  ;)

Offline littleguitar

« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2007, 11:48:48 am »
Ok, ignore the above question, LOL I just saw the post where you said "I don't read RPS"

I swear, I need to read the thread before replying  ;)

mvansand76

« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2007, 11:59:20 am »
It really is only Cliff and Jazza in name

Huh?  ???

Offline littleguitar

« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2007, 01:07:39 pm »
LOL sorry, that was meant to be "It is only Heath and Jake in name"

they call them Cliff and Jazza over at DC and the names stuck with me and I forgot they aren't used everywhere  :-\

mvansand76

« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2007, 01:27:09 pm »
LOL sorry, that was meant to be "It is only Heath and Jake in name"

they call them Cliff and Jazza over at DC and the names stuck with me and I forgot they aren't used everywhere  :-\

I had no idea what you were talking about. LOL.

You wrote that you read an RPS story when you were completely against it. Why and when were you completely against it?

Anyway, I don't read RPS because I rather stick to fictional characters!

Offline littleguitar

« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2007, 02:36:00 pm »
well, I probably shouldn't have said completely against it... mostly I just thought the idea was silly, but kind of in the same way I thought fan fic was silly before I started reading brokeback fan fic. I just didn't like the idea of using real peoples lives for our own enjoyment.

But then I kept hearing about Bailey's The Raw Prawn, and I had no clue what it was, but it sounded really interesting, so I tried it and it turned out to be AU RPS, Heath and Jake only in name and looks and Bailey is an amazing writer so I fell in love... then I decided maybe I'd branch out a bit and didn't know where to go from there, but Sienna's Boys of Blue Ridge was updating fairly regularly so I just tried it out. She hooked me for RPS.

Anyway, I completley understand the desire to stick with fictional characters, I think that's why it took an AU RPS to hook me, because you pretty much are reading about fictional characters... but of course, once I was hooked I was hooked and I read everything  ;)

mvansand76

« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2007, 04:20:52 pm »

I just didn't like the idea of using real peoples lives for our own enjoyment.

Thanks for explaining.... :) Apart from the fact that I like reading about Jack and Ennis and there are already so many good stories around, that definitely is something that bugs me about RPS.

But then I kept hearing about Bailey's The Raw Prawn, and I had no clue what it was, but it sounded really interesting, so I tried it and it turned out to be AU RPS, Heath and Jake only in name

But if it's only in name, why did she not use different names if it didn't make any difference? Could it just as easily have been Jack and Ennis? :-\

Offline littleguitar

« Reply #29 on: February 05, 2007, 08:32:57 pm »
But if it's only in name, why did she not use different names if it didn't make any difference? Could it just as easily have been Jack and Ennis?

Probably not J & E just because the personalities are very different, and I think that maybe keeping it Heath and Jake comes from wanting to give you the mental image of Heath/Jake... but yeah essentially different names could probably be used, but that's just the nature of the RPS fandom I guess.  They can be kind of fun to read though because, like in the Raw Prawn random people like Guy Pierce and Eric Bana show up as other characters. And the few RPS stories I read are usually by authors who I know are good writers and who write J & E stuff that I enjoy... like Bailey's or Sienna's or Scarlettbaby's There's Something About Jake which I only started reading after reading her J&E story Serenity Falls. Plus, there's usually hot smex, which is always fun  ;)

But, it can be creepy. Especially because there can be a tendency in RPS toward making Jake the weak or mentally unstable character, which I haven't quite figured out why that happens.

RPS is not for everybody, but if you ever want to try any out Sienna's stories are a good place to start, especially if you like the style of BFF.

mvansand76

« Reply #30 on: February 06, 2007, 11:22:53 am »
Well, hey, I think there were some people on this board who, months ago, convinced me to start reading AU!AU when I thought I wasn't ready for it!

Not gonna happen with RPS though, I am gonna stick with J&E because I love them sooooo much!  :)

BTW- How often does Sienata update? Can't wait for a new chapter!  :)

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2007, 12:49:31 pm »

She is very good with updating  :) And usually says when the next update will be, but I can't remember what she said now and if she even did after the last chapter  ???

Offline welliwont

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #32 on: February 06, 2007, 01:27:32 pm »

Tomorrow, today if we are lucky.  She has been writing BFF for the past two+ days.....

J

mvansand76

« Reply #33 on: February 06, 2007, 02:24:35 pm »
Tomorrow, today if we are lucky.  She has been writing BFF for the past two+ days.....

J

Thanks Jane!  :-*

one_of_one

« Reply #34 on: February 07, 2007, 01:38:25 pm »
Yippeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

I LOVE BFF!!

:)

Offline littleguitar

« Reply #35 on: February 07, 2007, 09:28:00 pm »
Yippeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

I LOVE BFF!!

Ditto!!! I think she's updating tonight right??  :D

And after Brokeback Redemption I seriously need some happy BFF  :'(

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #36 on: February 07, 2007, 09:44:19 pm »
Sienata's dad has been in the hospital-heath crisis. Her head is other places but she said she is working on the update.

O0

Heathen

Offline welliwont

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #37 on: February 07, 2007, 11:09:31 pm »

Ditto!!! I think she's updating tonight right??  :D

And after Brokeback Redemption I seriously need some happy BFF  :'(

ummm Mandy, be prepared for some more angst, that is what Sienna was hinting at earlier this week.  And she said in her last Journal post that she may update "Thursday or Late Wednesday".

J

Offline littleguitar

« Reply #38 on: February 07, 2007, 11:44:09 pm »
I know, over on DC she actually linked her next chapter to Brokeback Redemption. She said not nearly as bad, but that it wasn't going to be a happy chapter. Which worries me because I know we still haven't heard what happened between Jack and his dad, so I'm guessing that is where the angst will come from.

But still, even at her angstiest (is that a word??) Sienna has a way of putting a smile on my face. Her fics are on of the happy places I go (along with dMP) when I have a really crappy day which seems to be a lot lately.

Tonight or tomorrow, I'm just happy it's soon  ::)

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #39 on: February 08, 2007, 04:32:54 am »
I know, over on DC she actually linked her next chapter to Brokeback Redemption. She said not nearly as bad, but that it wasn't going to be a happy chapter. Which worries me because I know we still haven't heard what happened between Jack and his dad, so I'm guessing that is where the angst will come from.

But still, even at her angstiest (is that a word??) Sienna has a way of putting a smile on my face. Her fics are on of the happy places I go (along with dMP) when I have a really crappy day which seems to be a lot lately.

Tonight or tomorrow, I'm just happy it's soon  ::)

Oh God, I'd forgotten she said we'd still get to read about Jack and his Dad  :( NOT looking forward to that at all  :(

And yeah, Mandy, Sienna's fic are feel good and happy fics, most of the time  :) God, you and me both with the crappy days! And lots of other people too  :(

I hope it's tonight!  :)

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #40 on: February 08, 2007, 02:25:18 pm »
hey all! chapter 18 is up!

http://sienata.livejournal.com/

mvansand76

« Reply #41 on: February 08, 2007, 03:04:58 pm »
hey all! chapter 18 is up!

Oh you mean 19 right? Yeehaw! Thank you...

Offline cathyinaz

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #42 on: February 08, 2007, 04:11:52 pm »
 ;D I love this story, the characters are AU;AU but I see in them how the canon Ennis would have been if his father hadn't been such a violent jerk, he is very still quiet and a farm boy but not so haunted and afraid. Jack is still neglected and abused but tries to be loved while feeling unlovable. I love this writers style.

mvansand76

« Reply #43 on: February 08, 2007, 05:20:37 pm »
SPOILERS......................

;D I love this story, the characters are AU;AU but I see in them how the canon Ennis would have been if his father hadn't been such a violent jerk, he is very still quiet and a farm boy but not so haunted and afraid. Jack is still neglected and abused but tries to be loved while feeling unlovable. I love this writers style.

And the shit really did hit the fan in this chapter, didn't it?  >:(

Oh I feel sooooo sad for Jack...

Offline littleguitar

« Reply #44 on: February 09, 2007, 12:35:43 am »
God, you and me both with the crappy days! And lots of other people too 

I hope it's tonight! 

I vote for no more crappy days  >:(

Hope you're better  :-*

Tonight's chapter, angst and all, made me really happy. The good thing about Sienna is I know our boys will make up and I'm sure there will be plenty of fun smex involved  :D

mvansand76

« Reply #45 on: February 09, 2007, 07:56:44 am »
Oh no, it made me feel really sad for Jack and I worry about their future!  :(

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #46 on: February 10, 2007, 07:56:03 am »
I vote for no more crappy days  >:(

Hope you're better  :-*

Tonight's chapter, angst and all, made me really happy. The good thing about Sienna is I know our boys will make up and I'm sure there will be plenty of fun smex involved  :D

Thanks Mandy  :-*

Just read Sienata's replies and she's hinting that their weekend together isn't quite over yet.......WHOOOOOWEEEE!  ;D

Offline cathyinaz

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #47 on: February 11, 2007, 06:31:50 am »
She is going to update BFF soon, possibly Sunday, per her comments.  :D  I will keep checking, as I love this story! Hopefully the boys will actually open up and talk to each other. 

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #48 on: February 11, 2007, 06:14:41 pm »
Yeah, this is a great story.  She's so great about updating quickly and regularly too!

By the way, welcome to BetterMost cathyinaz!  Hope you're feeling right at home here!
 :D

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #49 on: February 13, 2007, 11:57:35 pm »
**New Update!**

mvansand76

« Reply #50 on: February 14, 2007, 06:38:16 am »
God, I loved this new chapter!

I loved the conversation between E and his parents and then him going out to find Jack for the second night in a row.

I LOVED E at the car when he shouted "Yes it does.... now get the fuck outta the car Jack!" I love the jealousy and E not hiding it.

I think they took a major step forward, they still haven't talked about their feelings, but they are showing each other throught their actions. Lovely!

Offline littleguitar

« Reply #51 on: February 14, 2007, 09:13:33 pm »
God, I loved this new chapter!

I loved the conversation between E and his parents and then him going out to find Jack for the second night in a row.

I LOVED E at the car when he shouted "Yes it does.... now get the fuck outta the car Jack!" I love the jealousy and E not hiding it.

I think they took a major step forward, they still haven't talked about their feelings, but they are showing each other throught their actions. Lovely!

Yes to all of those Mel! I agree completely. I love that Ennis' parents are trying to be cool about this. It's obvious it's hard for them, especially his dad, but they realize that in the end they just want their son to be happy. I love that.

And I also agree they took a major step forward! I can't wait to hear Ennis tell Jack his parents' idea, and I really want to hear what happened with Jack's parents. I love this story. S said though that we might not get another update until the middle of next week.

I hope her dad is doing all right!

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #52 on: February 14, 2007, 11:23:54 pm »
I really want to hear what happened with Jack's parents.

Yes indeed, this was a really nice chapter.  And I agree here that it would be nice to learn (soon!) what the story is with Jack's parents.  I feel like we've been kept in suspense over that for quite a while.

mvansand76

« Reply #53 on: February 15, 2007, 03:55:33 pm »
Gosh, never thought this would become one of my favorites!  :)

Offline littleguitar

« Reply #54 on: February 15, 2007, 08:37:56 pm »
Gosh, never thought this would become one of my favorites!  :)

me too, but I swear, everything Sienna writes has a way of working itself right into that good spot in my mind. I know I keep saying it, but angsty or not, there is just something fun about her stories and I get completely lost in them. One of these days when i get more time I'm going to re read them.

mvansand76

« Reply #55 on: February 16, 2007, 07:31:56 am »
me too, but I swear, everything Sienna writes has a way of working itself right into that good spot in my mind. I know I keep saying it, but angsty or not, there is just something fun about her stories and I get completely lost in them. One of these days when i get more time I'm going to re read them.

I wonder how many chapters she is going to write, because I think with this premise she can go on and on and on and on (and I hope she will do that), at least until the end of the school year and describe all the things they have to go through in that year, Jack's first away-game, his birthday (hahaha and his birthday present), people starting to pick up on them being together, THE PROM!!!!

;D

Offline littleguitar

« Reply #56 on: February 16, 2007, 09:47:37 am »
She mentioned the other day that she thinks she'll make it to 30 chapters with this one... let's hope  :)

I know I for one can't wait to see that birthday present  ::) :D

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #57 on: February 16, 2007, 06:41:33 pm »

I know I for one can't wait to see that birthday present  ::) :D

And me!!!!  ;D  ::)  ::)  ::)

Offline cathyinaz

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #58 on: February 18, 2007, 08:59:45 pm »
 :o

How could BFF be only 30 chapters when completed? It needs to be 60 or 70 at least I think, we are just now a few weeks into the first month together at chapter 19 and have the rest of senior year to go. These guys, especially Jack will be treated pretty rough if their relationship gets out during the sports season. Maybe the hot college girls can beard them until school gets out. LOL

Offline cathyinaz

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #59 on: February 18, 2007, 09:01:24 pm »
I tried to put a quote in my last post and could get it to work. Any suggestions or tips?

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #60 on: February 18, 2007, 09:06:19 pm »
I tried to put a quote in my last post and could get it to work. Any suggestions or tips?

Can you be a little more specific and I can help you out? Quote from a post or quote from the story?

Leslie
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline cathyinaz

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #61 on: February 18, 2007, 10:03:48 pm »
A quote from a post.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #62 on: February 18, 2007, 10:22:53 pm »
A quote from a post.

Well, if it is the most immediate post, the easiest thing is to select "quote" in the reply option (as I did here).

If it is an earlier post, you can highlight the text you want to copy, choose reply, the ctrl-v for paste...put [quote ] [/quote ]  (without spaces) on either side of the quoted text (to bracket it)

There is also a little quote thingy up in the icons (with the smiley faces and so on) but I am not an expert on that....

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #63 on: February 24, 2007, 10:40:52 pm »
Any news on this one?  I feel like it's been a while since the last update.

Offline littleguitar

« Reply #64 on: February 25, 2007, 12:35:03 am »
Hey Amanda! Sienna has said that she is going to work on chapter 9 of A Little Something Extra, which should be posted soon, then she is going to go back to concentrating on BFF for a bit. So hopefully an update won't be long.

Her father is still in the hospital, as far as I know, though. So that's part of the delay as well.

Hope that helped!!

Offline welliwont

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #65 on: February 25, 2007, 12:57:31 am »

Any news on this one?  I feel like it's been a while since the last update.

Aww Amanda,  :-*   shame on me for not keeping you abreast.   ::)   I of course am fully abreast of the situation as a function of my colossal infatuation with BFF.  So here is the situation:

Sienna was and is concentrating on her other story ALSE since over a week now, that is where her attention is focused right now.  She said way back at the beginning of ALSE that a *certain something* would happen before she reached double-digits in that story, and so now she is working toward that end.   :o   She is now on the verge of posting chapter 9 of ALSE.  Yippee!   ;D ;D   (Rumour has it that she has finished the writing of it, all she needs is the title.)

A few days ago Sienna said that after she posts chap. 9 of ALSE she would go back to writing BFF "for a bit".  Before that she said ALSE is her fav of all her stories so far.   :-\   drat!

I myself am looking very  forward to the day that BFF is continued, and if there was some way to hypnotize Sienna into liking BFF the best I would be 1000% in favour, but right now she likes ALSE better than BFF.  I hope this condition is only temporary.   ???

So now you know.

J   ;)

PS:  Sorry Mandy, I did not see your reply there....  oops!
« Last Edit: February 25, 2007, 01:00:59 am by JakeTwist »

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #66 on: February 25, 2007, 01:33:31 am »
Thanks for the info Buds!  :-*  I was wondering what was up because for a while the updates seemed so fast and frequent.

mvansand76

« Reply #67 on: February 26, 2007, 04:29:06 pm »

Where are our boys?

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #68 on: February 26, 2007, 04:32:34 pm »

Where are our boys?

I know the feeling Mel. I got back yesterday from my holiday expecting to find a couple of updates! No such luck, huh  ???

I hope she updates soon because i really like her Jack and Ennis.

mvansand76

« Reply #69 on: February 26, 2007, 04:38:55 pm »
I know the feeling Mel. I got back yesterday from my holiday expecting to find a couple of updates! No such luck, huh  ???

I hope she updates soon because i really like her Jack and Ennis.

Oh that must've been a really big disappointment! Yeah, I cannot wait to read about them dealing with their relationship, how they are going to deal with it at school, with Jack's parents, with their friends...

Offline littleguitar

« Reply #70 on: February 26, 2007, 05:59:16 pm »
Her most recent post said that she'd be back to BFF next week... I was hoping sooner than that  :'(

I love ALSE, I think it's her best story yet, but I'm still jonesing for high school, arkansas Jack and Ennis big time.

mvansand76

« Reply #71 on: February 26, 2007, 06:13:42 pm »
Her most recent post said that she'd be back to BFF next week... I was hoping sooner than that  :'(

I love ALSE, I think it's her best story yet, but I'm still jonesing for high school, arkansas Jack and Ennis big time.

Oh no, I love BFF much more! I absolutely adore her J & E.....

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #72 on: March 05, 2007, 11:45:07 pm »
So is Sienna completely focused on her other story now?  ???

Any news on this one?

Offline littleguitar

« Reply #73 on: March 05, 2007, 11:48:26 pm »
She posted over at DC that she's been having some fairly serious RL things going on so there's been a delay on both. She said she hopes to post ALSE tomorrow, then she'll go back to BFF! Hope that helps. It's the same plan as always, just both got pushed back  :-\

mvansand76

« Reply #74 on: March 06, 2007, 04:39:11 am »
She posted over at DC that she's been having some fairly serious RL things going on so there's been a delay on both. She said she hopes to post ALSE tomorrow, then she'll go back to BFF! Hope that helps. It's the same plan as always, just both got pushed back  :-\

I have a bad feeling about this! I don't know.... I miss BFF!Ennis and BFF!Jack!

Offline cathyinaz

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #75 on: March 14, 2007, 06:08:17 pm »
There is a BFF future based short story up at brokebackslash at LJ and Sienna says that she is working on the next chapter of BBF and "maybe" will be done by this weekend in her comments. I am keeping my fingers crossed. ;D

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #76 on: March 14, 2007, 10:19:52 pm »
Yay!  Thanks for the info.

Offline cathyinaz

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #77 on: March 17, 2007, 11:22:15 pm »
 ;D There's an update of BFF on LJ!  Chapter 21.   :laugh: Happy dance and happy St. Paddys day to ya all.
Goes to celebrate both now.
Here it is:
 http://sienata.livejournal.com/27187.html

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #78 on: March 25, 2007, 07:35:40 am »
chapter 22 is up!

part 1 and 2: http://sienata.livejournal.com/#entry_27828

We're being spoiled! 

mvansand76

« Reply #79 on: March 25, 2007, 07:38:50 am »
chapter 22 is up!

part 1 and 2: http://sienata.livejournal.com/#entry_27828

We're being spoiled! 

And wasn't it lovely?

Offline cathyinaz

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #80 on: March 25, 2007, 01:12:44 pm »
It is nice!  The way she writes them is so much like real teenagers, too. I love her Ennis and Jack.

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #81 on: March 29, 2007, 02:06:28 am »
Yeah, Cath, I love her characterizations. Ennis is all bold and Jack angsty and they really "feel" like horny, arrogant, clueless teens. And Ennis parents-what a hoot!

I just printed out the story-to-date so I can re-read it at my leisure.

Heathen

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #82 on: March 29, 2007, 05:49:09 pm »
Hiya!

I just discovered this story!  Looking forward to Chapter 1!  8)

xo
~M

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #83 on: March 29, 2007, 08:00:07 pm »
Hiya!

I just discovered this story!  Looking forward to Chapter 1!  8)

xo
~M

LOL, M!!  Enjoy.  This is a really good one.

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #84 on: March 29, 2007, 09:17:13 pm »
LOL, M!!  Enjoy.  This is a really good one.

I am so glad I checked out this thread today because -
I just finished reading Chapter 1.  All I can say is WOW!!
Fantastic story, and I absolutely love her narration style!  It almost feels like a conversation with a friend .. someone close to you telling the story!

I was LOL at so many places already, need I say I am hooked? Eek!  ;D
Looks like this is another story I'll be printing out very soon!  ;)

Wow, I'll be back to gush some more ..  :P

~M

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #85 on: March 29, 2007, 09:32:02 pm »
Oh and another thing..

When I started reading the story, I remembered 2 fanpix of Young Jake/Heath I did a while back. 
They seemed to fit!!  :D

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #86 on: March 30, 2007, 06:15:24 pm »
Milli-

You should send Sienata those pics-she would LOVE them! I'm printing them as covers for my soon-to-be-bound copy.

roux
 O0

Heathen

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #87 on: March 30, 2007, 06:27:23 pm »
Milli-

You should send Sienata those pics-she would LOVE them! I'm printing them as covers for my soon-to-be-bound copy.

roux
 O0

Roux!

I posted them on her LJ when I left a comment yesterday!
I too will be printing her story in the very near future.  I'll post whatever cover (s) I make for this story here, in case anyone needs to use 'em!!  :)

~M

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #88 on: March 31, 2007, 03:13:14 pm »
I am printing out this story!!  :D
I made 2 covers to use.  You can use these if you wish to print as well..

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #89 on: March 31, 2007, 08:12:04 pm »
Okay, I know, I know - I am monopolising the thread ..  :P
But I am sooo excited right now.
I have just returned from the Print Centre with my very beautifully bound copies of BFF ..!
I had to share the good news ..  :D

Hee .. I got me some more reading to do tonite!  8)

~M

Offline welliwont

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #90 on: March 31, 2007, 09:02:10 pm »
Okay, I know, I know - I am monopolising the thread ..  :P
But I am sooo excited right now.
I have just returned from the Print Centre with my very beautifully bound copies of BFF ..!
I had to share the good news ..  :D

Hey Milli, that's great!!  One thing I can't understand though, how can you have a bound copy of BFF when it's not even finished?  Is this some kind of binding where you can add pages?

and also, I might as well share with you:  we had the same idea, finding representative pics.  But I only found mine for Jake, I was leaving the Heath pic for someone else.  Wanna see the ones I chose?

J

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #91 on: March 31, 2007, 09:05:14 pm »
Okay, re: The Bound copies .. The story is not done yet, sure, but I printed them in instalments: 1 to 10, 11 to 16, 17 to 22 .. so that I have smaller books.  When Sienata very graciously provides us with more chapters, I'll print the next installment, etc .. :)

Sure, let's see your Jake pix ..  :)

Offline welliwont

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #92 on: March 31, 2007, 09:09:21 pm »
Sure, let's see your Jake pix ..  :)

I thought you would never ask!   ;)

How many pages is one book Milli, and are they printed on both sides of the page?  I of course would like to print a LOT of stories out, but so far I haven't even got one.   :-\

]

]

]

Offline welliwont

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #93 on: March 31, 2007, 09:10:45 pm »

PS:  I like the bottom one best.  Sienna likes the top one best, she likes the messy-haired Jake.  Which one do you like best?

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #94 on: March 31, 2007, 09:14:06 pm »
Awesome pix J!  Mind if I use one sometime?  8)

PS:  I like the bottom one best.  Sienna likes the top one best, she likes the messy-haired Jake.  Which one do you like best?

All the pix are great!  But I love the look in his eyes in the first!  :)

How many pages is one book Milli, and are they printed on both sides of the page?  I of course would like to print a LOT of stories out, but so far I haven't even got one.

I printed them doubled sided and the total number of pages was about 232.

Offline welliwont

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #95 on: March 31, 2007, 09:21:12 pm »
Awesome pix J!  Mind if I use one sometime?  8)

All the pix are great!  But I love the look in his eyes in the first!  :)

I printed them doubled sided and the total number of pages was about 232.

Oh go ahead and use any one of them....  Hey Milli, just to give me an idea, can you tell me (just ballpark it)

How many sheets of paper in Chapters 1 - 10, (that would be # of pages divided by 2)?  ____

How much (ballpark) would you say it cost to do just the first book, Chaps 1 - 10? ____

Thanks Milli, and your books look just great!!!  I am jealous.   ;)

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #96 on: April 01, 2007, 04:04:47 am »
Hey Ellie May  ;)

Chap 1-10 = 69 pages (but my margins are set at 1" per side and I use Arial Narrow font) so that matters too ..
Chap 11-16 = 91 pages
Chap 17-22+Bonus stories = 104 pages

The whole printout was about $28.  :)

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #97 on: April 05, 2007, 12:53:45 am »
Anyone know when there will be another update to BFF?  8)
I'll check first thing tomorrow morn ...

Offline cathyinaz

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #98 on: April 10, 2007, 11:37:03 pm »
I don't know when an update will come up, but I check evey day! I love BFF. (and everything else Sienata writes.)

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #99 on: April 26, 2007, 09:39:34 pm »
Any news here??   ???

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #100 on: April 27, 2007, 01:23:05 am »
When she posted the latest update of A Little Something Extra on april 22nd, she said she would get back to BFF real soon...

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #101 on: April 28, 2007, 12:20:32 am »
I sure hope it's soon-this story just brings out the saucy in me

O0

Heathen

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #102 on: April 30, 2007, 08:16:38 am »
I sure hope it's soon-this story just brings out the saucy in me

O0

Time to bring out that saucy again Roux!  ;D

chapter 23 is up
http://sienata.livejournal.com/28185.html

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #103 on: May 07, 2007, 01:10:12 pm »
How did I miss this?

I only just saw the update she posted last week!  I've printed out the chapter already!
Squee!  ;)

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #104 on: June 02, 2007, 04:37:37 pm »
Any news on this one? 

ps.  Lucise, I'm loving the art down in your signature!

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #105 on: June 03, 2007, 02:03:10 pm »
Any news on this one? 

i read that she will finish her other story, A Different Kind Of Love, and then get back to BFF.

*sigh*

They say that patience is a virtue, well, it ain't as far as fanfiction is concerned!   :)

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #106 on: June 03, 2007, 04:11:21 pm »

Amen to that one...im getting impatient with a few of them...its been a while since they have updated some of them...This did happen last summer however...so we shall see if it changes when the falll comes back around...

Beautiful mind

mvansand76

« Reply #107 on: June 03, 2007, 04:33:22 pm »

Amen to that one...im getting impatient with a few of them...its been a while since they have updated some of them...This did happen last summer however...so we shall see if it changes when the falll comes back around...

I miss some of the stories too, I really miss Camden Yards for instance, can't wait for that to be updated, but I know that that's not gonna happen anytime soon, so even though I can't wait for an update (figuratively), I literally CAN'T wait for an update anymore. So if it does come, I will see it on BBS and I will be jumping up and down with excitement! :)

I know the BFF boys will be back, but I miss them and I am looking forward to hear how long they are gonna be able to keep it a secret at school, I am guessing about 10 minutes! LOL. At least she tells us what she plans to do with her stories, so at least you know what's going on!

Offline cathyinaz

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #108 on: June 03, 2007, 08:07:22 pm »
i read that she will finish her other story, A Different Kind Of Love, and then get back to BFF.

*sigh*

They say that patience is a virtue, well, it ain't as far as fanfiction is concerned!   :)

LOL, when my grandmother told me that "patience is a virtue", I said "Well, I guess I'm not that virtuous then." Good thing she thought it was funny at the time. I really was a smart mouth kid.

Offline Sienata

• Don't Say Much
« Reply #109 on: June 05, 2007, 04:09:52 am »
Hey guys. I tried to post here recently, but had to get my account set up, etc.

I'm sorry for the delay with BFF and ALSE. I goofed, starting a new story, thinking I could keep up with all three. I'm going to finish AKL, then get back to the others. I'm not sure if I will alternate or do one at a time then. I hope to alternate, but we'll see.

I miss Camden Yards too, and the Twelve Days of Christmas, and Ten Things I Hate About You. But, whenever they post I'm happy to see an update. I hope my readers feel the same way. I'm working hard to AKL, no lolly-gagging, so hopefully it will be done soon and I can get back to the others. They aren't dead by any means, just resting and waiting. Thanks for missing them. That makes me feel good. S!  ;)

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #110 on: June 05, 2007, 10:33:10 am »
Hey Sienata!  Welcome - it is great to see you here!  As you can see, you have a lot of fans here at Bettermost!

Don't tell anyone, but I'm glad you "goofed" and started AKL - I love, love, love that story and adore your pilot!Ennis and jack-of-all-trades!Jack. 

I'm so impressed, not only with your fresh, funny, sexy, and real writing style, but also with your quick updates - you're definitely not a lolly-gagging type of gal! 

Thanks for stopping by with the news!  :)

Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #111 on: June 05, 2007, 05:48:33 pm »
Hello Sienata!
I am another fan of BFF!
Welcome to Bettermost ... So good to see you here!  :)

Any news on this one? 

CHeers Amanda!  :)

~M

Offline cathyinaz

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #112 on: June 07, 2007, 12:13:50 am »
Sienata:
I hope you know from all my comments to your stories I love them all and jump for joy when any of them show up on my friends list! You have given me so many hours of joy and I do enjoy rereading old stories when I wait impatiently for more. You are the queen of sexual tension and sweet kinks.
Glad to see you here,
Cathy

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #113 on: June 16, 2007, 06:27:46 pm »
Once agian I'm a day late and a dollar short! Sienata/nasta welcome and so glad you are here. I love love love your fics. I re-read BFF often-just keeping it fresh for the next update. It will be appreciated whenever it arrives  ;D

smackers
 :-*  O0

Heathen

Offline cathyinaz

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #114 on: June 17, 2007, 08:26:53 pm »
Lucise:

I am loving your banners and art work. WOW.
Cathy

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #115 on: August 23, 2007, 10:57:02 pm »
Yeehaw!   There are two new chapters posted as updates!!  :D

« Last Edit: August 24, 2007, 11:22:41 am by atz75 »

mvansand76

« Reply #116 on: August 26, 2007, 10:52:01 am »
Yeehaw!   There are two new chapters posted as updates!!  :D

The new chapters were great, weren't they? Came back from my holiday to find no less than 3 of them! I am so excited they are back in school, can't wait to see how things unravel for them!

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #117 on: August 30, 2007, 08:43:04 pm »
Happily, Sienata continues to spoil us with yet another new chapter posted today!
 8)

http://sienata.livejournal.com/32756.html?view=1048564#t1048564

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #118 on: September 01, 2007, 07:18:11 pm »
Yet another new chapter's been posted!  Yeehaw!
 8)

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #119 on: September 01, 2007, 08:43:13 pm »
I haven't been reading BFF, but I can see from the enthusiastic comments that I need to add it to my list quickly!  :)

Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #120 on: September 01, 2007, 09:32:38 pm »

Have you read any of her stuff Marie? 

Beautiful mind

mvansand76

« Reply #121 on: September 02, 2007, 02:02:04 am »
I haven't been reading BFF, but I can see from the enthusiastic comments that I need to add it to my list quickly!  :)

Marie

Oh Marie, you know what I have to say about that, don't you? GO. READ. NOW.  :)

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #122 on: September 02, 2007, 10:38:08 pm »
         Have you read any of her stuff Marie? 

Yep, Janice, I've been reading "Another Kind of Love" that she's writing under another name - (whiskiegirl ?) and I really enjoy her writing style.  She has a great sense of humor!

Oh Marie, you know what I have to say about that, don't you? GO. READ. NOW.  :)

:laugh:  Yes, ma'am!  Luckily, I have the day off tomorrow!

Marie

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #123 on: September 02, 2007, 10:56:06 pm »
Yep, Janice, I've been reading "Another Kind of Love" that she's writing under another name - (whiskiegirl ?) and I really enjoy her writing style.  She has a great sense of humor!

:laugh:  Yes, ma'am!  Luckily, I have the day off tomorrow!

Marie

Heya,

Yup, she has several stories going at the moment and, yes, whiskiegirl is one of her aliases.  Another great story is A Little Something Extra that she's writing under the name Siennasta.  Of the three major stories she's writing BFF is my favorite followed by A Little Something Extra.  I like Another Kind of Love, but not quite as much at the other two.  Anyway, all of her writing is definitely worth checking out!

« Last Edit: September 03, 2007, 01:50:28 pm by atz75 »

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #124 on: September 03, 2007, 11:38:03 am »
Heya,

Yup, she has several stories going at the moment and, yes, whiskiegirl is one of her aliases.  Another great story is A Little Something Extra that she's writing under the name Siennasta.  Of the three major stories she's writing BFF is my favorite followed by A Little Something Extra.  I like Another Kind of Love, but not quite as much at the other two.  Anyway, all of her writing is definitely worth checking out!
:0

Hey, Amanda!

Thanks for the heads-up! A Little Something Extra is a great title - I like it already.  Looks like I've got some great Labor Day reading ahead of me.   :)

Thanks again,
Marie

mvansand76

« Reply #125 on: September 04, 2007, 02:52:43 pm »

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #126 on: September 04, 2007, 03:38:38 pm »

Thanks for the heads upp Mel.     :D

Beautiful mind

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #127 on: September 06, 2007, 09:34:13 pm »
Wow!  A big update today in 2 parts!

http://sienata.livejournal.com/33284.html

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #128 on: September 07, 2007, 01:02:19 pm »
I'm finally caught up with this story - thanks for the recommendations, buds!  I'm enjoying it so much.  I already knew I liked her writing style - very funny, angsty, and nitty gritty - and I really love these two BFF boys.  Looks like she is on a roll with this one right now.....  :)

Marie

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #129 on: September 07, 2007, 01:23:28 pm »
She definitely does seem to be on a roll with BFF again.  She's been updating really, really frequently lately after a long pause in her writing of this story when she seemed to be focused on other things and other stories.

Glad to hear you're enjoying it.

8)

mvansand76

« Reply #130 on: September 09, 2007, 10:44:09 am »
I'm finally caught up with this story - thanks for the recommendations, buds!  I'm enjoying it so much.  I already knew I liked her writing style - very funny, angsty, and nitty gritty - and I really love these two BFF boys.  Looks like she is on a roll with this one right now.....  :)

Marie

yeeeeeeh, so glad you read it AND liked it!  :-*

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #131 on: September 09, 2007, 07:11:29 pm »
The roll continues....Chapter 31!

http://sienata.livejournal.com/33840.html

Marie

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #132 on: September 16, 2007, 04:13:55 pm »
Another update! In 4 parts! 8)

http://sienata.livejournal.com/34690.html

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #133 on: September 17, 2007, 12:04:36 pm »
Another update! In 4 parts! 8)

http://sienata.livejournal.com/34690.html

Thanks!  Wow - a four-parter.  That is some ROLL she is on!  ;D

Marie

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #134 on: September 21, 2007, 07:33:17 pm »
Update!  With 2 new chapters!!

http://sienata.livejournal.com/36567.html

« Last Edit: September 21, 2007, 09:22:09 pm by atz75 »

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #135 on: September 23, 2007, 05:44:54 pm »
And, yet another update!

Chapter 35

http://sienata.livejournal.com/36903.html

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #136 on: September 23, 2007, 07:25:34 pm »

I love her stories..This was a wonderful and very real chapter.  How things go.
Love is always hard at best.

Beautiful mind

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #137 on: September 23, 2007, 09:42:45 pm »

I love her stories..This was a wonderful and very real chapter.  How things go.
Love is always hard at best.

I'm such a wimp.  I haven't read this chapter yet - and I'm guessing from her author's notes and comments that it's got plenty of her patented angsty-angst and frustration.  If I can control myself (doubtful) I might try to wait for the next chapter so I can read the angst and resolution all at once!   LOL!

Marie

mvansand76

« Reply #138 on: September 24, 2007, 06:33:21 am »
I'm such a wimp.  I haven't read this chapter yet - and I'm guessing from her author's notes and comments that it's got plenty of her patented angsty-angst and frustration.  If I can control myself (doubtful) I might try to wait for the next chapter so I can read the angst and resolution all at once!   LOL!

Marie

I try not to read Sienna's author's notes, because she always gives away what's gonna happen! LOL.

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #139 on: October 01, 2007, 09:40:34 pm »
Here it is - the update! A five-parter:

http://sienata.livejournal.com/37633.html

Marie

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #140 on: October 02, 2007, 06:37:50 am »
I'm such a wimp.  I haven't read this chapter yet - and I'm guessing from her author's notes and comments that it's got plenty of her patented angsty-angst and frustration.  If I can control myself (doubtful) I might try to wait for the next chapter so I can read the angst and resolution all at once!   LOL!

Marie

I didn't read it either. Too much angst. And I read the new chapter this morning (I was late for work because of it  ::)), so I think I'm ready to read the angsty chapter now.

SPOILER

I'm glad they sorted themselves out, well, sorta.... And I hope Ennis realises what great parents (especially his mum) he has.

“And while you two are out there, will you please take care of whatever the heck it is y'all are fightin’ about? Fix it or forget it or whatever, but do not bring all this sadness back into my house again. I’m tired of all this mopin’ around like somebody’s died. Last time I had this going on, somebody did die, and I will not go through that again with either one of you. Got it?”

The reference to Kendal must have been difficult for her to express but I think it was what both of them needed to hear, no one had died, things were not all that messed up. They just needed to stop that train of negative thoughts and (wrong) assumptions about each other and start talking. Well, and something else too of course  ;D

I really like this story and it's great there are so many updates.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2007, 01:36:33 am by belbbmfan »

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #141 on: October 02, 2007, 07:29:04 pm »
I didn't read it either. Too much angst. And I read the new chapter this morning (I was late for work because of it  ::)), so I think I'm ready to read the angsty chapter now.

Fabienne, my kindred spirit! Yeah, I'm so glad I did wait - denial is great isn't it? LOL!!
Of course, it's easier to go into denial mode when the author is such a frequent (and multi-part) updater!

It was a wonderful chapter and yeah, I agree about Ennis's mom - she totally rocks!

It's so hard to be that age, and it's so easy to forget that.  There's just something about these BFF guys that is so irresistible, and Sienata has done a really fine job fleshing out their characters. 

I hope this story continues for a while - it'll be hard to say good-bye to these boys - and they've got a lot more talking to do!

Marie

mvansand76

« Reply #142 on: October 03, 2007, 04:54:04 am »
I agree with you all, girls... *thud* I am so happy they took a step toward their long life together...

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #143 on: October 03, 2007, 01:54:20 pm »
and they've got a lot more talking to do!

Marie

talking? hmmm, and something else too of course  ;D

I mean like homework, of course  :P

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #144 on: October 03, 2007, 03:00:04 pm »

Fabienne you are a caution....homework?  So thats what you call it in Belgium....

I guess so...makes sense.... :laugh:

Beautiful mind

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #145 on: October 03, 2007, 03:58:06 pm »

Fabienne you are a caution....homework?  So thats what you call it in Belgium....

I guess so...makes sense.... :laugh:

LOL!  She sure is!  But, yeah, makes sense -  I guess if you're at home and you're working up a sweat....... ;D

Marie

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #146 on: October 04, 2007, 01:42:38 am »
Settle down now Ladies, settle down...

;D  8)

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #147 on: October 09, 2007, 11:14:07 pm »
Heya,

There's an update tonight - a 2-part chapter!

http://community.livejournal.com/brokebackslash/1532569.html#cutid1

You'll see that this one is preceded by some news and a request from Sienata for some specific feedback.

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #148 on: October 11, 2007, 09:37:54 pm »
Yet another update with news and discussion about Sienata's writing schedule at the beginning in the author's note.
8)

http://sienata.livejournal.com/39736.html

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #149 on: October 12, 2007, 04:19:52 pm »
Yet another update with news and discussion about Sienata's writing schedule at the beginning in the author's note.
8)

http://sienata.livejournal.com/39736.html

SPOILERS

So...what do y'all think?  Was that not the MOTHER of all "I can't believe you said that!" moments?  Holee Crap!  I'm glad she's a quick updater.   :)  This is one wild ride and I'm loving it.

Marie

mvansand76

« Reply #150 on: October 12, 2007, 04:44:25 pm »

SPOILERS

So...what do y'all think?  Was that not the MOTHER of all "I can't believe you said that!" moments?  Holee Crap!  I'm glad she's a quick updater.   :)  This is one wild ride and I'm loving it.

Marie

God, the things these guys are putting each other through... or the things that JACK is putting Ennis through!  :laugh:

Yeah, it's a wild ride for sure and I'm loving it, even though with the last chapter I was like "WHEN IS IT GONNA EEEEEEEEEEENNNNNNDDDDD??"

Offline Mikaela

• Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #151 on: October 13, 2007, 12:20:18 pm »
Yeah, it's a wild ride for sure and I'm loving it, even though with the last chapter I was like "WHEN IS IT GONNA EEEEEEEEEEENNNNNNDDDDD??"

Well, I suppose no-one is forcing you to read it....   :laugh:

Personally, I think BFF is the best ongoing fic there is at the moment. I don't EVER want it to end. I can't praise Sienna's writing enough. Her whole cast of characters is fabulous and so 3-dimensional and *alive*. Her dramatic (and comic) and angsty timing is flawless. And her Jack and Ennis are the sweetest, most exasperatingly lovable (and hot!) teenagers ever, dealing with family and with falling in love and deciding their future and coming out and all sorts of coming-of-age stuff as best they know how. I love all about them.  :) I wish I could *meet* them!!  8)

mvansand76

« Reply #152 on: October 13, 2007, 01:59:21 pm »
Well, I suppose no-one is forcing you to read it....   :laugh:

Personally, I think BFF is the best ongoing fic there is at the moment. I don't EVER want it to end. I can't praise Sienna's writing enough. Her whole cast of characters is fabulous and so 3-dimensional and *alive*. Her dramatic (and comic) and angsty timing is flawless. And her Jack and Ennis are the sweetest, most exasperatingly lovable (and hot!) teenagers ever, dealing with family and with falling in love and deciding their future and coming out and all sorts of coming-of-age stuff as best they know how. I love all about them.  :) I wish I could *meet* them!!  8)

Oh I think you misinterpreted the when's it gonna eeeeeeeennnnnnnd remark, I was talking about the miscommunication between Ennis and Jack and the dumbass mule things that Jack does.

Poor Jack, by the way... I really feel sorry for him, he has the opposite of what Ennis has with his mother and father...

Oh no, don't get me wrong, Mikaela, I never want this story to end!!!!! It's been one of my favorites from the beginning!

Offline Mikaela

« Reply #153 on: October 13, 2007, 02:29:27 pm »
Nope. I didn't misinterpret. Hence the  :laugh: at the end of that sentence... ;)

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #154 on: October 13, 2007, 03:01:08 pm »
SPOILERS

Yeah, this chapter was great!  Such convincing drama and tension!  And, yes, Jack was definitely a bit out of control in this chapter, but his sort-of wild reactions seem very plausible/ realistic for a teenager.  The fact that he was falling for all of Chastity's goading and pretty obvious efforts to get Jack riled up, again, seems very plausible for a teenager.  I wish their big coming out moment to the community had been something sweeter, but I'm glad that they're out now none-the-less.  It's a big step for them, and ultimately I think it's good that they're now out.

Despite his foolishness in the restaurant, I'm really glad that Jack was at least sensible enough to go after Ennis and jump in the truck rather than stay at the restaurant to deal with his parents/friends alone.

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #155 on: October 13, 2007, 03:11:11 pm »

SPOILERS

Marie

OMG, it certainly was. I can't believe Jack lost it like that. Well, i can sort of understand where it's coming from. Obviously, this 'time for the family' month and the rejection by his dad he strongly feels, is sending Jack on an emotional roller coaster, but still,  :o  :o

I couldn't believe Ennis left the restaurant so calmly. He really is being strong for both of the now.

You know what I would really like to read? Ennis and Jack ten years from now, celebrating an anniversary, just the two of them reminiscing and thinking back on 'how it all started' I'm sure they'll be laughing about Jack's antics in the restaurant that friday evening.

Siena, are you listening?  :-*  ;)

The next update can't come soon enough.

Offline Mikaela

« Reply #156 on: October 13, 2007, 06:49:24 pm »
You know what I would really like to read? Ennis and Jack ten years from now, celebrating an anniversary, just the two of them reminiscing and thinking back on 'how it all started' I'm sure they'll be laughing about Jack's antics in the restaurant that friday evening.

Siena, are you listening?  :-*  ;)

I'm sure you've read it, but Sienna *has* written a chapter about the two of them 10 years from now. It's the one called "Future Tension". I like it because it shows how they actually found a life together and made it work, but in true Sienna fashion things are never just easy and straightforward (no pun intended).  And apparently...

*slight spoilers*

.......its topic of how Ennis deals with Jack's temper and sometime moodiness has everything to do with what we'll be getting in the upcoming chapter.... That is, before pa Twist steps onto the scene, as Sienna has said he'll be doing. There are some tense hours/days/weeks ahead!!

Yippie!

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #157 on: October 14, 2007, 03:07:42 pm »
Great discussion!

SPOILERS

....I couldn't believe Ennis left the restaurant so calmly. He really is being strong for both of the now.

This is something Sienna and I discussed a bit on her LJ.  In my comment to the previous chapter I expressed some concern that, although I realize Ennis is more mature and has a much more even-keeled personality, and that Jack is going through some really tough stuff with his father in particular, I was still worried that perhaps Jack was placing just a little too much on Ennis's strong (but still young) shoulders.  And that was before this whole restaurant scene happened!  But, Sienna, being the sweetheart she is, wrote a beautiful reply that I'll share here because I think it describes the boys so perfectly:

...... Yes, Jack is high maintenance, and he's a lot for young Ennis to handle, but I think (hope)Ennis has a store of patience to tap into when the going get's rough (like here in a few minutes, story wise!) This maturity and patience are part of what gives him his special talent with horses - Jack is like a thoroughbred in this story - high strung and out of control at times, needing Ennis to rein him in. But when he's good, he's the best, the one you want your money on....

Isn't that a great description?  And, yeah, Fabienne, I can see how in ten (well, maybe 20) years this could be a funny memory   :laugh:

... I wish their big coming out moment to the community had been something sweeter, but I'm glad that they're out now none-the-less.  It's a big step for them, and ultimately I think it's good that they're now out.

Well, yeah, in theory I agree with you :)  - it's good to be out.  But, there's a big difference between coming out on your own terms (and it didn't necessarily have to be sweet) and having personal details of your sex life screamed out in the middle of a busy restaurant in front of your high school friends, parents, and lots of other residents of a very small town.  Cringe.  Wince.  Ouch.  But, what's done is done and they'll have to deal with the fall-out.  But poor Ennis...Jack threw him to the wolves in his moment of insanity (no matter what Jack actually said you know exactly what everyone in school will be specifically focusing on).  And poor Jack, too.  He has serious, serious father issues, and I agree that the turn of events and his reaction were completely realistic!  I do wonder, though, how long it will be before Jack is able to take some of the weight off of Ennis's shoulders.  I love watching the emotional development of her characters.

I'm sure you've read it, but Sienna *has* written a chapter about the two of them 10 years from now. It's the one called "Future Tension". I like it because it shows how they actually found a life together and made it work, but in true Sienna fashion things are never just easy and straightforward (no pun intended). ....

Oh, thanks for this heads-up!  I'm relatively new to BFF, so I hadn't read this.  I'll look it up for sure!  I'd love to see the two of them 10 years from now!

Thanks,
Marie

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #158 on: October 15, 2007, 10:37:38 pm »
Chapter 39 is up!  :D

http://sienata.livejournal.com/40135.html?view=1443783#t1443783

What a trouper  - under the weather and she still gives us our update!

Marie

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #159 on: October 15, 2007, 11:34:55 pm »

Thanks for the heads up, Marie..

Beautiful mind

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #160 on: October 16, 2007, 01:27:24 am »

I loved that chapter.  It was so cute being inside Jacks head and hearing his angst ridden puppy dog
behavior..I know I been bad boy, but dont ya still luv me....Lol :'(

Beautiful mind

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #161 on: October 17, 2007, 01:29:38 am »
okay, deep breath everyone.... here it is!

http://sienata.livejournal.com/40209.html

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #162 on: October 17, 2007, 01:32:52 am »

Thanks Fabienne...yeehaw!!

Beautiful mind

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #163 on: October 17, 2007, 01:59:21 am »

Thanks Fabienne...yeehaw!!

You're welcome Janice.

I've just finished reading it and can I say  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)

SPOILER

<a href="http://plugin.smileycentral.com/http%253A%252F%252Fwww.smileycentral.com%252F%253Fpartner%253DZSzeb008%255FZNfox000%25282%2529%2526i%253D23%252F23%255F11%255F60%2526feat%253Dprof/page.html" target="_blank">SmileyCentral.com" border="0

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #164 on: October 17, 2007, 03:43:31 pm »
SPOILER

I've just finished reading it and can I say  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)

SPOILER

<a href="http://plugin.smileycentral.com/http%253A%252F%252Fwww.smileycentral.com%252F%253Fpartner%253DZSzeb008%255FZNfox000%25282%2529%2526i%253D23%252F23%255F11%255F60%2526feat%253Dprof/page.html" target="_blank">SmileyCentral.com" border="0

I second that!  What a great job she did with that chapter.  I feel as if they have just passed an important turning point, not just in their relationship, but in their lives. 

Can't wait to see the confrontations? conversations? with both sets of parents.  And Monday is coming quickly.  How will they handle that? 

Marie

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #165 on: October 20, 2007, 12:30:14 am »

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #166 on: October 20, 2007, 07:24:04 pm »
Two part update! 8)

http://sienata.livejournal.com/41181.html

SPOILERS

Big sigh of relief.  I guess sometimes the sh*t has to hit the fan in order for everything to get cleared up.  Well...I guess everything isn't cleared up yet - Monday is coming soon and there's lots of stuff to work out yet -  But at least we know the boys will be united and are in a position to stand strong together after their words of assurance to each other.   Really nice chapter.

Marie

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #167 on: October 20, 2007, 08:07:37 pm »

And now they are free to have sex, with, if not the parents approval, at least with their understanding...

Beautiful mind

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #168 on: December 18, 2007, 11:02:33 pm »
Not the next chapter of BFF - but a BFF "Future Tension" Christmas story.

http://sienata.livejournal.com/52090.html#cutid1

SPOILERS

A lovely interlude - but this little preview into the future makes me even more curious - and anxious - about what happens when the boys go back to school.  Some ominous foreshadowing. 

Marie

Offline Gabreya

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #169 on: April 27, 2008, 08:39:19 pm »
Hey! I just want to say that I love your story! It's awesome and hot. I can't believe that Ennis and Jack are the same age as I am now in this story! :D

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #170 on: February 08, 2009, 12:18:34 am »

OMG!  For those of you who haven't seen yet... Sienata finished BFF!  She posted 8 final chapters, starting here:

http://sienata.livejournal.com/122685.html#cutid1

Wow, it's heard to believe that this epic story is over.  It's one of those stories that felt like it could just keep going infinitely.  I haven't read these updates yet.  But, I thought I'd report the exciting news.

retropian

« Reply #171 on: April 10, 2009, 08:30:10 pm »
I started reading this a few days ago. It' really good. :) I had no idea how long it is though LOL.

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #172 on: April 10, 2009, 09:14:39 pm »
I started reading this a few days ago. It' really good. :) I had no idea how long it is though LOL.

:D  LOL!  Yep, you have a lot of reading ahead of you Bud!  You won't have to hunt around for a new story to begin for a good long time if you have the majority of BFF still ahead of you.
 ;D

It's a lot of fun, so I'm sure you'll enjoy it.  I can't imagine how long the entirety of BFF is in terms of page count.

retropian

« Reply #173 on: May 11, 2009, 10:45:39 pm »
:D  LOL!  Yep, you have a lot of reading ahead of you Bud!  You won't have to hunt around for a new story to begin for a good long time if you have the majority of BFF still ahead of you.
 ;D

It's a lot of fun, so I'm sure you'll enjoy it.  I can't imagine how long the entirety of BFF is in terms of page count.

Phew! ;D I finally finished it. Absolutely LOVED IT! I am going to print it out and prolly reread it. It's that good, a real keeper. I have been resistant to AU/AU stories in the past, but this one was so good, it think I'll have to get over myself. The Characters of Jack and Ennis are archetypes and even though their realization on the page is the creation of the fanfic author not Annie P., it still works for me. Plus, I can only imagine Jack and Ennis as Jake and Heath  ;), so in my minds eye it's like Jake and Heath are portraying a new interpretation of Jack and Ennis with each new fanfic.

retropian

« Reply #174 on: May 13, 2009, 10:40:55 pm »
I printed it out and it's well over 400 pages. I put in notepad and removed the double spacing and at font size 8 it's really hefty. I'm re-reading it and am enjoying it much more actually. I realize I'm old fashioned, I deem to prefer the printed page to a screen. :D