Author Topic: Happy Birthday Jenny (newyearsday)  (Read 15388 times)

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
Happy Birthday Jenny (newyearsday)
« on: February 09, 2007, 09:27:38 am »
Jenny Jenny Jenny.

;D

Have a very very Happy Birthday and I look forward to meeting you face-to-face in April!

Mwhah!  :-*

jack thought you'd like this whiskey cake.... 

on a slight side note.....

I wore my brokeback tshirt in poland this weekend - you made it for me!

The male flight attended asked what the front said ( he was polish) - This aint no little thing happening here - he didn't know where it was from and assumed i was the 'no little thing'!! - I didn't have the nerve to explain on a packed plane!!

« Last Edit: February 10, 2009, 12:15:44 pm by Meryl »
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
Re: Happy Birthday Jenny (New Years Day)
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2007, 09:44:26 am »
Happy, happy, happy, Little Darlin'!

Yeehaw!  ;D  ;D  ;D
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2007, 09:55:46 am »
Happy Birthday, Jenny!

I have your picture from our dinner in July on my cell phone! I think of you everytime I look at it. Have a wonderful day.

Leslie
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Fran

• "ABCs of BBM" moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2007, 10:58:28 am »

Happy Birthday, Jenny!

BTW, if I remember correctly, I think I was your first IMDB T-shirt customer....

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2007, 01:28:55 pm »

Hope this is one for the record books!  (And I mean in a good way.  :))

Enjoy!
No more beans!

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2007, 02:10:35 pm »

8) HAPPY BIRTHDAY JENNY!  8)

Friend, Tremblayan, BetterMostian, Cult Sister,
Shirtmeister, Jeweler-to-the-Stars and
All-Around Cool Brokie

Hope you have a wonderful day!
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2007, 02:21:27 pm »
Happy                                          :D

Birthday                       8)

JENNY!
            :laugh:

Offline opinionista

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2007, 02:40:16 pm »
Happy Birthday Jenny!!!

:D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2007, 02:58:04 pm »
http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php/topic,269.0/all.html  This link is to one of my top five favorite Brokie threads ever, in honor of wonderful Jenny's birthday.  I think I'll requote pieces of the thread here:

Posted by our beloved Meryl, posted March 30th, 2007 (the day the Tremblayans began moving to BetterMost):

On the spur of the moment, I went to see the last showing of BBM at Lincoln Square in NY tonight.  There were maybe 50 people there, a lot of whom looked like die-hard Brokies, and I was wishing I could ask them all how many times they'd seen it.

Well, I got my wish!  The movie started, the lights didn't go down, and there was no sound.  Several people immediately got up and went out to complain, and some of us started talking while we waited for someone to fix it.  An older gay couple near me were seeing it for the tenth time, and a guy a row ahead of me said it was his 11th (same for me). 

So this cute gal with short dark hair came back in and said she'd complained and they were going to start the movie again.  She proceeded to show the guy in the row ahead of me her necklace, but I couldn't see what it was.  Then she told him she knew someone who'd traveled over 300 miles to see BBM three times in a row in California.  I immediately thought of Rontrigger's saga, but they were talking like they were on the Dave Cullen board, so I wasn't sure if she was a Tremblayan.

The sound came on just about the time Jack and Ennis headed up the mountain with the sheep, and it seemed we were not going to get them to start the whole movie over again.  The intrepid girl went out again.  Sure enough, the film finally stopped and the manager announced they would start it over again.  I yelled across the theater to her, "You're our hero!"

We all watched the movie with reverence (except, apparently some people in the back row who laughed at everything, and who I thankfully didn't hear) and hung in there till the final credit rolled.   The gay couple was singing along with Rufus, so I did, too.  Then we started gabbing again.  The theater staff had to ask us to leave so they could clean the theater.  Out in the vestibule, I saw the heroic girl again and asked if she posted on imdbYes!  Pierre Tremblay? Yes!  Are you Jenny? Yes!!  I hugged her, and she wondered who the hell I was.  I'm Meryl!  OMG!!!!

So I've met my first Tremblayan in real life.  We talked and talked in the lobby with a couple of Dave Cullen posters and some guy who just loved the movie but isn't on the net.  Such fun!  If I hadn't had to go home and feed my starving cats, I think we'd still be yakking. 

That was probably my last BBM experience in the theater, but by far the most fun.  Thanks, Jenny!  ;D

Posted by our beloved birthday girl, Jenny, on March 30th, 2007, one hour later:
Hey all!!! Wow, talk about a great ending to a challenging week! I just read Meryl's awesome and very flattering account of our meeting--it was a night to remember, wasn't it?

In honor of the origins of our friendship I posted this first on the Pierre Tremblay board at IMDb.

and here it is now, my account (forgive that I left out some great details like the older gay couple's singing Maker Makes! Which happened at another showing too last week! I am very tired, and will be off to beddy bye after this....)

Tonight I went to see Brokeback for the 12th time. It was one of the more memorable showings I have been to for several reasons! I went to the very last showing of the movie at the Lincoln Square Cinema in NYC, a very nice theater that I have only been to once before. I wish now that a lot of my viewings had been there...the sound was great--I heard the "c'mon" in the second tent scene, and the "c'mere," "hey," and "later" in the reunion kiss!

The print was also brighter, making the first tent scene feel much much better b/c I could make out Ennis looking at Jack more than before. I could also tell that Ennis was moving towards Jack even right after they sat up. That was a big revelation. He also does move forward to Jack in the second tent scene right after he kneels down... but I digress.

the great things about tonight all happened because of a glitch in the system, where the movie started without sound! I knew something was up when there was no sound at the RiverRoad entertainment screen, and so I ran out of the theater to tell someone. Took 10 or 15 minutes before they fixed it, but they didn't rewind the movie!

So me and two others went out again to complain. One of them started yelling rudely at this poor woman, but I just asked to speak to the manager, who was nice but told me they couldn't start the movie over again. That they'd give us a refund and a voucher to another showing. I told them this was the very last showing of the movie here, period, and that they'd have an angry mob of people in there if they didn't [fix it]. Asked if they could show it in a different theater later, if not this one (since starting it over might mess up the start time of the next movie to show in there). He said no, that he'd call the projectionist and "he'll say I must be smoking crack if I think he's going to rewind it" b/c it has to be done manually, not by pushing a button. So he calls the projectionist right there in front of me, and a minute later hangs up and says, ok, he'll do it. Yay!

Before it started again, while it was rewinding, I met two nice people from the Dave Cullen site, who were on their 10th and 11th viewings respectively. It was a good crowd overall, nice and small too (I've been in packed rows/houses for the past three times, so it was a nice change).

Best of all, when it was over, I was talking again outside the theater with the dave cullen people and another guy, and a woman walked up to me and said she overheard me telling them before the movie started again about the guy I know (rontrigger!) who drove hundreds of miles roundtrip to see it in three cities in California on the same day, and she said,"are you from the IMDb board?
"yes."
"Are you on the Pierre Tremblay board?"
"Yes!"
"are you Jenny?" 
"Yes! Who are you?"
"I'm Meryl!"
"Oh my god!"

We hugged and I started to cry! I was so excited to meet you Meryl! We talked for a while in the theater lobby, mostly with another fan who was on viewing #5, and had some new realizations tonight that he was sharing with us. We told him beware of the IMDb board--it's addictive!

We talked about gettting together to have brunch with the NY Tremblayans...and about the crazy events of the week.

We hugged goodbye, and went on our ways. A great great experience that had me smiling all the way home on the subway! Love you all, and congrats to us all for our hard work and great attitudes this week. We all deserve some well-earned rest!

*MWA*!! Jenny

BTW, the neccklace referred to in the quote by Meryl is the two-silver-cowboy-hats necklace that Jenny has made and that several Tremblayans have bought from her in her T-shirt and necklace business.  Jenny has worked hard to get the Brokie word out with her BBM-quote T-shirts and donates all profits to the Matthew Shepard Foundation.  Jenny is a true blue Tremblayan and Brokie, and one of my oldest buddies here.

Happy birthday, Jenny, and I wish you a beautiful year ahead.

*MWA*!!

Elle

Offline j.U.d.E.

« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2007, 07:50:55 pm »

Want some *mrfsfgllhgh..* ..

I mean, want a piece of cherry cake?

Or a piece of me..

Or a ride on my saddle..........

.. hAp.Py - b..i-RT-*dA_Y!!

j. U. d. E.
MLK - - - - - - - - - - - - HAL - - - - - - - - - - - - BHO
*15 jan 1929 - †04 apr 1968 | *04 apr 1979 - † 22 jan 2008 | *04 aug 1961 -