Author Topic: Do You Have Any Plans For Valentine's Day?  (Read 89499 times)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
Re: Do You Have Any Plans For Valentine's Day?
« Reply #100 on: February 15, 2017, 10:18:47 am »
Probably not going to be lasagna after all. The steaks I ordered from Omaha Steaks that I bought with "points" from work arrived yesterday. Looks like it will be a steak instead.

The steak turned out to be quite good. I was pleased and surprised to find that it fit on my little grill, so I was able to grill it instead of having to pan broil it. I had spaghetti, a salad, and a slice of bread along with it, and chocolate cupcakes for dessert. And I was surprised to find that after a meal like that, I didn't feel stuffed!

Seems like this should be on the "What did you eat for ..." thread, but that was my Valentine's Day.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #101 on: February 15, 2017, 01:09:42 pm »
Probably not going to be lasagna after all. The steaks I ordered from Omaha Steaks that I bought with "points" from work arrived yesterday. Looks like it will be a steak instead.

Incidentally, I'm not quite sure what to make of those steaks. I ordered a combination pack of ribeye steaks and hamburgers. They sent me four "fillets of prime rib." Whether what I ordered is no longer available or simply out of stock, so they sent something else, I don't know. The fillets I'm sure would be considered a better cut of beef than the ribeyes, but I specifically ordered the ribeyes and the hamburgers because they are leaner meat. Prime rib is prime because of the fat in it, and these fillets are well marbled with fat. Call me goofy, but I would rather have had the leaner meat.

Friends, I'm losing it. I'm really losing it.  :(  This morning I reviewed the purchases I've made with those points, and Omaha Steaks did not send me the wrong product. They sent me exactly what I ordered. I did not order a combination that included steaks and hamburgers. I ordered exactly what they sent me.  :(
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #102 on: February 15, 2017, 02:33:36 pm »
sounds like everyone had a great Valentine's day.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #103 on: February 14, 2018, 07:02:19 pm »
I'm staying home tonight!

Work was  good though.  There was a lot of exchanging of Valentines, and doughnuts, bagels, muffins and treats.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #104 on: February 14, 2018, 07:24:27 pm »
I. Hate. Valentine's. Day.

Fortunately, this year it's also Ash Wednesday.

Except I'm not too fond of Lent, either.

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #105 on: February 14, 2018, 07:29:30 pm »
We don't have much in the way of Valentines day here.

Some businesses desperately try to sell heart shaped chocolate and things like that, but it's not a big thing here and I've never heard anyone talk about it or celebrating it.

I hope it stays that way. We don't need another imported american tradition with no roots or history here.

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Online Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #106 on: January 14, 2019, 09:36:05 pm »
Time to rev up this topic again! I'm determined to find a better way to celebrate love. . .maybe by watching Brokeback Mountain, one of the most romantic films of all time!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #107 on: January 15, 2019, 10:18:59 am »
I hope to devoutly ignore it, as I usually do.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #108 on: January 17, 2019, 10:14:28 pm »
LOL!

Not sure.....I generally don't do much, but I may watch a few of the Hallmark cheesy holiday movies, just to be silly.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #109 on: February 03, 2019, 08:50:11 pm »
For Valentine's Day

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMqIne65uHs[/youtube]