Author Topic: Lynne Sticking One Toe In...  (Read 2440 times)

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
Lynne Sticking One Toe In...
« on: February 12, 2007, 04:29:33 am »
So I wrote my first fan fiction drabble a few months back, mostly as an experiment.  I read a lot of fan fiction, and I've met a couple fanfic writers in person and loved them.  But the whole concept was alien to me - I just thought it was another version of BBM-induced madness.

;)

Meryl set me straight on that score - telling me all about different fandoms and the history going back to the 70's.  I even found out that one of my favorite romance authors got her start by writing Star Trek fan fiction (Suz Brockmann)!

So I wanted to see what it felt like to create <something> and put it out there in cyberspace.  I'm mostly a left-brained person, who colors between the lines.

Tell you what, it took a whole lotta courage.  I probably would never have done it if Milli had not prodded supported  ;).

I have a nothing but respect and admiration for the committed writers who press that 'Post' button, risking their innermost thoughts, themselves, essentially.  You're brave and you're talented!!

So here's the drabble based on a couple of scenes in Latter Days:

http://community.livejournal.com/latterdaysfans/67617.html#cutid1
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
Re: Lynne Sticking One Toe In...
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2007, 01:07:11 pm »
And I await more drabbles .. pleeease!
I was kinda hoping that some of the LD fanart I've done lately would 'inspire' you alittle ..  8)
If you need me to beta again, don't hesitate to send it to me ..

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2007, 02:18:49 am »

Well lynne i am back to see the next installment of this story..Still nothing up here...i know you have been busy, but comeon do another one and put it up for us...           thanks     janice

Beautiful mind

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2007, 10:17:09 pm »
So I wrote my first fan fiction drabble a few months back, mostly as an experiment.  I read a lot of fan fiction, and I've met a couple fanfic writers in person and loved them.  But the whole concept was alien to me - I just thought it was another version of BBM-induced madness.

;)

Meryl set me straight on that score - telling me all about different fandoms and the history going back to the 70's.  I even found out that one of my favorite romance authors got her start by writing Star Trek fan fiction (Suz Brockmann)!

So I wanted to see what it felt like to create <something> and put it out there in cyberspace.  I'm mostly a left-brained person, who colors between the lines.

Tell you what, it took a whole lotta courage.  I probably would never have done it if Milli had not prodded supported  ;).

I have a nothing but respect and admiration for the committed writers who press that 'Post' button, risking their innermost thoughts, themselves, essentially.  You're brave and you're talented!!

So here's the drabble based on a couple of scenes in Latter Days:

http://community.livejournal.com/latterdaysfans/67617.html#cutid1

Actually Lynne that toe is now cold,,,,lets see another hot  one...

Please write more...       janice

Beautiful mind