The World Beyond BetterMost > The Culture Tent

Movie Discussion: Maurice: caution-spoilers

(1/6) > >>

Front-Ranger:
Join me here in a discussion of the movie Maurice, recommended by BetterMostians!!

Lumière:
Hurray! I absolutely love this movie, Lee..  :D

My first contribution..something I did a while back ..   

Where shall we begin?  :)

Front-Ranger:
Thanks, Milli!

While watching this movie last night the first thing I noticed is that Maurice is pronounced like Morris!!!

Front-Ranger:
Watching Maurice made me appreciate Ang Lee because he encouraged the actors to be rough and manly in their lovemaking, whereas Merchant and Ivory had the actors treating each other as if they were made of china, LOL!

I had the urge to physically push those guys together!

Lumière:
One of my absolute fave scenes from the movie:

When they were sitting in Maurice's room after the "vac" and they were asking each other how their holidays were ..
and how they slowly touched each other, ever so gently, then hugged and almost kissed before the other lads barged in and destroyed the moment.  I love that scene - it was so well done .. their feelings were palpable.   :)

Remember when they skipped classes that day and spent the afternoon in the fields, Clive wouldn't let Maurice kiss him.  I always wondered why .. They were obviously attracted to each other and were falling in love .. But when Maurice tried to kiss him, Clive said "No..don't.  I think it'll bring us down..".  What did he mean by that?  Thoughts?  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version