Author Topic: Dixie Chicks are still not accepted....  (Read 15896 times)

Offline cathyinaz

• Sr. Ranch Hand
Re: Dixie Chicks are still not accepted....
« Reply #40 on: June 07, 2007, 12:00:41 am »
I love the Dixie Chicks and stopped listening to my local country music stations when they were pressured by the industry to stop playing DC music. The DC still sell lots of records to folks like me. Their latest and Emmy winning album is the best ever. All she said is that she was ashamed the president is from Texas, Hell, I'm ashamed he is from any state in the USA.

I remember when America stood for the concepts of freedom of speech and the constitution was still followed and respected. This however was BgwB (before Bush). Maybe you'all don't remember those good ol' days. I sure do.

injest

« Reply #41 on: June 07, 2007, 12:13:45 am »
That is ok...I don't mind if other people listen to them. And I wasnt that upset with them for what they said about Bush, I was upset about what they said about country fans...and other country singers.

They have a right to say whatever they want...and the radio stations have a right not to play them. That is as free as you can get!

Any time you decide to exercise your freedoms you MUST be willing to take the consequences.

Offline cathyinaz

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #42 on: June 07, 2007, 01:36:00 am »
I understood that some people did not want to hear DC anymore but they tried to take away my right to hear DC music. I really don't like Toby Keith but I've never called the radio station and demanded they not play him and I certainly never made any death threats about it. I just turn the channel if I don't like the song or the musician, I would never presume to tell you what you can listen to.

I think that the comments about country stations and fans were made after the death threats and the other insanity and I can say that I was also seriously concerned about the mental health status of some country listeners myself when I heard about it. I can't imagine being a young mother and musician hearing those death threats and abuse and still preforming so bravely.