Author Topic: Have you ever been canned?  (Read 6200 times)

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: Have you ever been canned?
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2007, 07:30:26 pm »

I was fired one time,,from my very first job.  I had found another job that was more
convenient and closer.  I was quitting, and they found out about it..They fired me
in order to not have to pay the finder fee.  I had gotten the job through an agency
and they had to pay half the fee, if i was there over a certain amount of time..so they fired me...Not a Problem.  I have to admit, i have been fired one time .

janice

Beautiful mind

Offline Arad-3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • " Save a horse ... ride a cowboy "
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2007, 08:01:30 pm »
A few years back I was in training once at a privately owned nursing home.  I started out years back as a nurses aid.  The girls that worked the shift each had me work with one them everyday, so by the end of the week I would of worked individually with the 5 of them. At the end of the week they reported to the superviser if you were good enough to work with them.

I had already had training in a hospital before i went there and the hospital had strict rules in regard to their patients. Especially there Nursing facility. I was used to this,  What I experienced at this new Nursing home was a shock to me. The treatment I was witnessing to these elderly patients was appalling.   I felt sorry for the patients and made it clear a few times I thought they were being mean. And the rough house treatment of these poor people. The name calling! I kept telling them how we did it at the hospital, they did'nt like that at all.

By the end of the week not one of the five girls was talking to me. The owner called me Friday night and told me I was finished. I tried telling him what I was witnessing was going on in his Nursing Home and he just shrugged it off like I was just mad and wanted to start trouble.

Well long story short.  I called my old superviser at the hospital and she helped me to get in touch with the right agencies to submitt my complaint on the treatment. A investigation was launched and they were fined and almost closed. They were also named on a list for abuse cases which ended up on the local news. I am sure they lost a lot of new placements over that. And I really hope they got new aids. Those women had been there for years together.  what a horrible little team!

Teach them to mess with me!   Alot of these poor people have no one to look out for them. What a way to end up after working so hard all your life.

" Save a horse... ride a cowboy "

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2007, 08:07:50 pm »
Teach them to mess with me!   Alot of these poor people have no one to look out for them. What a way to end up after working so hard all your life.

Sucks, don't it? ..  :-\

But way to go girl!  :)

Offline dot-matrix

• www.maleimagegallery.com ~Come Join Us~
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2007, 10:44:48 pm »
I was "let go" once because the VP wanted to bring his daughter in to take my position.  She was fresh out of college with "fresh ideas" which I later learned meant she worked for less money.  He made the remark to another executive, whose wife I was friends with, that "I'm supporting her anyway might as well make sure I get something back for my investment" .  I walked out of that job on Friday and into a new one on Monday no sweat and the VP and his daughter were history by the end of the year because of his constant favoritism.
Life is not a dress rehearsal

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2007, 10:56:54 pm »
Good lord. I think I've been fired more than the rest of you put together.  :-\

You all are counting your teenage jobs too, right? I wasn't exactly the "exemplary teenager" back in the 1970's. lol

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.