Author Topic: Brokeback Mountain Themed Questionnaire (well sort of)  (Read 18536 times)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: Brokeback Mountain Themed Questionnaire (well sort of)
« Reply #40 on: August 14, 2008, 10:05:36 am »
1. Jack wants to take you out on a date. He asks you how you like to spend your Saturday night. What do you tell him?

Dancing and dinner

2. You are going camping up on Brokeback Mountain and you are allowed to bring only one luxury item with you. What would it be?

a flushing toilet.

3. Ennis wants to know how many times you've watched Brokeback Mountain?

4. You just bought an old lamp at the Riverton Antique Store. As you polish the lamp a genie pops out and grants you a wish. What would you wish for?

unlimited wishes

5. You are shopping at the Lightning Flat Wal-Mart and you need to buy some toothpaste. What brand do you get?

Cinnimon Crest

6. You are riding in a car with Alma and Lureen. Alma asks you what kind of music you would like to listen to on the radio. What do you tell her?

freestyle

7. Jack just bought a new DVD player. Out of curiosity he asks you how many DVDs you own. How many?

about 15

8. Ennis just shot an Elk. After he cooks it, he asks you if you would like some. Would you try some Elk?

of course

9. You are getting ready to take a road trip with the BBM Gang and you are responsible for selecting a hotel. What is your favorite hotel chain?

I don't care, as long as it's clean

10. Jack and Ennis want to know if you have ever been to Wyoming?

Yuppers!  Just a few months ago!

11. Alma just bought a new house and she can't figure out a color scheme for her new kitchen. She wants to know what colors are in your kitchen?

blue and cream

12. Ennis has decided to take guitar lessons. Do you play any musical instruments?

Nope

13. Jack just bought a new puppy! What is your favorite animal?

cats/kittens

14. You are thirsty and you see a pop machine located outside the general store. The machine is stocked with Coke, Pepsi and RC. Which one do you pick?

Pepsi

15. Lureen wants to know how many televisions you have in your house?

16. Ma Twist just joined a book club and she asks you the title of the last book you read. What is it?

the Joy of Gay Sex  (hey, you asked! )  :laugh:

17. Jack and Ennis plan on buying a new PC (so they can join BetterMost) and they want to know what brand of computer you own?

compaq

18. It will soon be spring in Wyoming. What is your favorite warm weather activity?

hiking

19. Bobby just received a new video game system for Christmas. Which two video games are your favorites?

Donkey Kong Jr. & Ms. Pac Man

20. Ennis wants to fix you a nice dinner. What is your favorite dish (meal)?

Buffalo chicken tenders and fries iwth cheese and bacon

21. There is a big thunderstom brewing over the peaks of Brokeback Mountain. Do you enjoy thunderstorms?

Love 'em

22. Lureen asks you for the time. Do you own a digital or analog watch?

both

23. As Jack was redlining it across Wyoming, he was pulled over and given a speeding ticket. How many speeding tickets have you received?

none

24. Aguirre got in touch with his feminine side and took up knitting! What is your favorite hobby (or hobbies)?

writing

25. Jack wants to know what you are drinking right now?

spring water

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline seadragon16

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #41 on: August 14, 2008, 12:45:24 pm »
1. Jack wants to take you out on a date. He asks you how you like to spend your Saturday night. What do you tell him?
Dinner and a movie

2. You are going camping up on Brokeback Mountain and you are allowed to bring only one luxury item with you. What would it be?
Big warm blanket

Even if I use all my fingers and all my toes, I don't have enough to count on!

4. You just bought an old lamp at the Riverton Antique Store. As you polish the lamp a genie pops out and grants you a wish. What would you wish for?
I would wish for a hundred more wishes then I'd give some of them to people who could use them wisely

5. You are shopping at the Lightning Flat Wal-Mart and you need to buy some toothpaste. What brand do you get?
Something for sensitive teeth

6. You are riding in a car with Alma and Lureen. Alma asks you what kind of music you would like to listen to on the radio. What do you tell her?
Anything so long as it isn't in the UK charts at the moment!

7. Jack just bought a new DVD player. Out of curiosity he asks you how many DVDs you own. How many?
Over 300 - I really do. Films are my vice.

8. Ennis just shot an Elk. After he cooks it, he asks you if you would like some. Would you try some Elk?
Nope, definitely not. I haven't eaten meat since I was 10 and never will again.

9. You are getting ready to take a road trip with the BBM Gang and you are responsible for selecting a hotel. What is your favorite hotel chain?
Anything, so long as it is clean and comfortable.

No, but it's on my list to do when the kids are old enough to fend for themselves and I have some 'me' time!

11. Alma just bought a new house and she can't figure out a color scheme for her new kitchen. She wants to know what colors are in your kitchen?
Cherry wood cupboards, dark yellow walls and grey tiles.

12. Ennis has decided to take guitar lessons. Do you play any musical instruments?
No, but I wish I did.

I don't think I have a favourite animal, I like them all. Seadragons are cool though, hence my name.

14. You are thirsty and you see a pop machine located outside the general store. The machine is stocked with Coke, Pepsi and RC. Which one do you pick?
Rather have fruit juice or water, but I'd probably choose Coke if I had to choose one.

16. Ma Twist just joined a book club and she asks you the title of the last book you read. What is it?
Last book I completed was 'Battle for the Trees' about a road protest in England. Before that I read 'Pink' by Gus Van Sant and now I'm reading 'Time of the Assassins' by Henry Miller.

17. Jack and Ennis plan on buying a new PC (so they can join BetterMost) and they want to know what brand of computer you own?
Dell Dimension

18. It will soon be spring in Wyoming. What is your favorite warm weather activity?
Swimming outdoors

19. Bobby just received a new video game system for Christmas. Which two video games are your favorites?
I haven't played video games for years, but my favourites would probably be Final Fantasy VII and Bust a Move.

Scrambled Tofu and mushrooms on a jacket potato or on toast.

21. There is a big thunderstom brewing over the peaks of Brokeback Mountain. Do you enjoy thunderstorms?
Yes, they make you realise just how powerful nature is and how little of it we can control.

Don't own a watch that works. I use the time off my mobile phone if I need to.

23. As Jack was redlining it across Wyoming, he was pulled over and given a speeding ticket. How many speeding tickets have you received?
None, I'm very lucky!

24. Aguirre got in touch with his feminine side and took up knitting! What is your favorite hobby (or hobbies)?
Photography, reading, writing, collecting waifs and strays!

Orange Juice

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #42 on: August 14, 2008, 04:58:19 pm »
I was just re-reading this old questionnaire amazed by my old post here.  It's so funny to stumble across old posts (sometimes over 2 years old!).  I thought I'd update a few of my responses to these questions since a few things have changed in all this time..  I originally posted responses to this questionnaire on Feb. 17, 2007.  Those old answers are in green and my new updated answers will be in red.

I'd tell him that I'm more like him than he might expect and then I'd ask him if he could take me out to a dance hall to teach me how to meet and hook up with cute and smart women like Lureen with such little effort.
 :laugh:This answer pretty much still stands for m.

An air mattress.  I'm not a fan of sleeping on the ground.
This answer still seems about right for me too.  I might also add something about a really fancy, waterproof tent to go along with the air mattress.   And, now that I've actually been to Brokenback Mountain I realize that it truly would be a nice place to spend the night probably (even though I'm NOT a camping type of person almost any other circumstance).

Dozens and dozens.  Lost count long ago.
Yep.

*modified to note* I'm going for the classic three wishes here
Every weekend to be a three day weekend.  A great girlfriend.  World peace (I know it sounds like a cliche, but I really mean this one).
Yep.

Vanilla Mint Crest. Yum!
I'm changing my answer to Crest Pro-Health.  It really is a nice toothpaste!

It would very much depend on my mood.  David Bowie is always the default option for me.  Maybe some nice Sleater-Kinney.  I've been on an old Sonic Youth kick lately, so maybe that.
Yep. Pretty much the same here.  I'd also be willing to listen to the BBM soundtrack under any circumstance too of course.

I own far fewer DVDs than I do CDs.  I have probably around 50 DVDs and around 500 CDs
Yep.

Yes, I would try it.  Usually I don't like hunting at all.  But, I've always heard that venison is good.  So, I would try it.  I'm not a vegetarian.
I have now eaten elk twice!  Once at the BBQ in Estes park in May of 2008 and then again just this past July after Lee and I saw TDK in Denver, we went out to lunch and I had an elk burger.  That burger was great!

I like bed and breakfasts and charming little hotels.  Does that count?  I don't have a strong preference for any of the big chain hotels.
Yep. I still like the small hotels.  But at this point I also tend to quite like Marriott and Doubletree hotels... they tend to be a little more luxurious than some of the other big brands, in my experience at least.

Unfortunately, no.
At this point I can say YES!!! Twice.  One trip up to Cheyenne for lunch during the BBQ weekend last May 2007.  And, then of course Lee and I just had our big road trip through Wyoming and visit to the rodeo in Cheyenne this July.

My kitchen is mostly white with accents of really bright colors... mostly red.  So, red and white.
Yep. Still the same apartment... so same colors.

I played violin for years but quit in college.  I also used to play the guitar.  I would be very, very rusty if I tried either intrument at this point.
Yep.

Cats!  I love cats!  I have a one and a half year old black cat named Vivien.  She's just about the most beautiful thing ever.
Yep.

Pepsi
Yep.

One that works and one broken one in the storage closet (I guess I should really just throw that one away, hunh?).
Yep. Still the same and I still haven't thrown away the broken one in the storage closet!
:laugh:

Misfortune by Wesley Stace.  I didn't like it as much as I expected I would.
The History of Love by Nichole Krauss

Gateway
Yep.

Going to the beach.
Yep. And, I'll add car trip/ road trip to this too.

I don't like video games at all.  I suppose computer solitaire doesn't count.
Yep.

Well, since it's Ennis I would be happy with a really good steak and some great red wine.
Yep. I still like these things, but I'm trying really hard to avoid beef lately.  So, I'll change my response to white wine and salmon!

I love thunderstorms!!!
Yep. Still love storms!

Analog
Yep.

Zero!!!
Yep. Still zero!!  Yeehaw!

Reading.
Yep.

Hot tea (Earl Grey)
At the moment I'm not drinking anything.

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #43 on: August 14, 2008, 07:02:11 pm »

Dinner, movie/theater/ballet, drinks at my favorite bar (hey, I gotta show off my date ...), then home for a long dozy embrace until Jack falls asleep in my arms.  :)

Lots of Charmin Ultra. ...

I stopped counting shortly after the DVD was released.

A cabin in the Big Horn Mountains

Colgate

Anything but "Christian" music

You bet!  :D

Doubletree is good, but actually I prefer small guest houses and B&Bs.

You bet! Twice! And I can't wait to go back! I love Wyoming! :D

Maple cabinets, cream tile and countertops, white appliances

No.  :(

Dogs and horses (Jack and I should get along well. ...)

What! No Dr. Pepper? I'll take a Coke, please.

Daniel Boone: The Life and Legend of an American Pioneer

Dude, it's a Dell

Sailing

I don't play video games.

Steak and pasta

Yes

Analog

None

Model trains

Nothing
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.