Author Topic: Jakes New Movie - "Zodiac"  (Read 9118 times)

mvansand76

Re: Jakes New Movie - "Zodiac"
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2007, 08:13:37 am »
imdb has posted lots and lots of new stills and there is a link to a new New York times article about the movie!

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2007, 02:06:45 am »
Thank you for the info, Fran and Melissa!  :D
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2007, 02:33:13 am »

Oh my goodness yes,, i would have gone to see one of the pre previews...the 4 1/2 hour versions...the more the better...This
looks like an awsome movie,,,and surprise of surprises, the reviews
have all been awsome as well..it seems so stylized and special....i
am like truman,,,feel i have been waiting forever for this movie...

Beautiful mind

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2007, 02:54:36 pm »
I will probably never see it, or do what I did with The Order and Monster's Ball and Heath, rent the DVD and fast forward through the whole thing, stopping only for Jake, but not if it's creepy or yucky. 

I won't see it if it's creepy or yucky, either. I generally don't like movies about serial killers, even if they star Jake Gyllenhaal and Mark Ruffalo. I like Robert Downey Jr., too, and am even pleasantly disposed toward Anthony Edwards! But I don't like entertainment that plays murder and violence for thrills.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2007, 04:02:28 pm »
I'd like to see it in the theater, but it seems like most of my plans to see movies never come to pass.

There's never enough time, never enough. ...  :-\
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2007, 02:47:58 am »

Aww Jeff, you should make the time to do things like that if you really
like it.  If it doesnt make a difference then...no worries.  I have however
always loved movies, all my life, and try to see the very special ones...
   Some are not good enough to pay the cash to see in the theaters.  But some of them just arent good on the small screen...I think all the efforts that
the director has put into making this movie look authentic.  Will be better seen on a big screen.
                                                                          janice

Beautiful mind

mvansand76

« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2007, 06:42:49 am »
I so wanna see it, I've read the book and the book was already scary!

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2007, 04:15:37 pm »
I remember the Zodiac murders. I was only a kid when it happened. It was all over the evening news, and in the newspapers. I remember it because this was the first time I heard the word Zodiac. I remember asking my Mother what "Zodiac" meant.

Even as a kid it scared me though. I kept wondering if something like that could happen here in Indiana.

Scary.

mvansand76

« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2007, 06:09:13 pm »
I remember the Zodiac murders. I was only a kid when it happened. It was all over the evening news, and in the newspapers. I remember it because this was the first time I heard the word Zodiac. I remember asking my Mother what "Zodiac" meant.

Even as a kid it scared me though. I kept wondering if something like that could happen here in Indiana.

Scary.

Oh I bet it must've been really scary to hear about something like this! Kids have no way of rationalising things like this and think this is not gonna happen to me or my parents...

I remember when I was a kid the anti-nuclear weapon movement was huge in Holland (early 80's) and there were posters everywhere like this:

I remember I was so scared when I saw this, this was meant to create awareness among people in Holland, but I think it created more fear among children than awareness among adults...

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2007, 06:23:15 pm »
Oh I bet it must've been really scary to hear about something like this! Kids have no way of rationalising things like this and think this is not gonna happen to me or my parents...

I remember when I was a kid the anti-nuclear weapon movement was huge in Holland (early 80's) and there were posters everywhere like this:

I remember I was so scared when I saw this, this was meant to create awareness among people in Holland, but I think it created more fear among children than awareness among adults...

Now THAT really would be scary! Especially something about nuclear weapons. Yipes!

It would  scare the beejezus out of me even as an adult. I can't imagine what a child would think! This makes me think about the Cuban Misslle Crisis during the early 1960's. Obviously I don't remember it. I was just a baby. But it sure did scare my parents; and everyone too.

Those were scary times.  :o