Author Topic: What is your pet name?  (Read 6432 times)

injest

Re: What is your pet name?
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2007, 08:43:46 am »
You're  wise wise woman Jess...especially because if I did the same to your name, it's actually a cool name.  I love that song by the way...who sang it?  Roberta Flack?

hey, I am a country girl! I don't think I know any songs by Roberta Flack!

We are all a little funny about our names aren't we? Either we like to have it fiddled with or we really really hate it...

Offline saucycobblers

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2007, 09:29:12 am »
We are all a little funny about our names aren't we? Either we like to have it fiddled with or we really really hate it...

I like it when people shorten my name. When people start calling me Nic then it feels like we're just a little closer for some reason. :) Then again, there have been occasions where people have done that and it's felt wrong 'cos I hardly know them. >:(
Will you stop playing with that radio of yours, I'm trying to get to sleep!

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2007, 03:40:18 pm »
I like it when people shorten my name. When people start calling me Nic then it feels like we're just a little closer for some reason. :) Then again, there have been occasions where people have done that and it's felt wrong 'cos I hardly know them. >:(

Hey there Nic!!  :D   ;)

Awww. I don't know. Even if I saw you every day, I think I would still call you Nicky. (Unless you told me otherwise).

I love "Nicky". It's such a cute name!  :D
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2007, 10:16:59 pm »
My name gets tripped on at times, which was traumatic as a child, so I don't mind people messing with my name.  I'm used to it.  Only boyfriends have given me pet names.  Family has given me a nickname, but that's not the same thing.  The last two pet names I remember are 'Fruit', short for 'fruitcake' and 'Silly bird' a derivation of 'silly goose'.

Offline saucycobblers

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2007, 08:51:25 am »
Hey there Nic!!  :D   ;)

Awww. I don't know. Even if I saw you every day, I think I would still call you Nicky. (Unless you told me otherwise).

I love "Nicky". It's such a cute name!  :D

Aww, thanks David *blushes*  :-*. My real name is Nicola, but I always use Nicky 'cos it sounds less formal and i like the sound of it too. Not many people call me Nic except my family and a couple of close friends.
Will you stop playing with that radio of yours, I'm trying to get to sleep!