Author Topic: The "Hippie Scene"  (Read 3383 times)

Offline two_bloody_shirts

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Mountain Resident
  • First Kisses
The "Hippie Scene"
« on: April 17, 2006, 07:37:23 pm »
Some people were talking about the "hippie scene" that was left out of the film, and they didn't realize it was actually true!  Below is a link to the Windows Media Audio interview where Heath discusses the scene.  I know some of us have heard this, but some haven't, so here you go! 

Heath describes the "hippie scene"   O0

In this thread there were a few people commenting on it, and a photo to go along with the scene can be viewed in that thread.

« Last Edit: April 17, 2006, 08:15:49 pm by two_bloody_shirts »
Love.  You have a problem with it?

~Grace~

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
Re: The "Hippie Scene"
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2006, 07:47:55 pm »
Thanks for posting.  GREAT pics on the Czech site.  Am still glad they left out that scene.

Offline littleguitar

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • She was always a lonely child...
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2006, 12:10:55 am »
thanks for posting that! I hadn't heard it before  :)
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

-- del Mar Painting, Ch. 48 by b73

vkm91941

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2006, 12:15:19 am »
I remember that interview and then I think it was on Leno when he said there was really only the one full scene that got left out and it was good because it really didn't belong in the story anyway.

Offline littleguitar

• She was always a lonely child...
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2006, 12:19:32 am »
no matter how horrible that scene sounds, I'm still kind of hoping it shows up with some deleted scenes on a bonus disc down the line... though more and more it's sounding like there really weren't all that many deleted scenes, so we may never get more  :'(
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

-- del Mar Painting, Ch. 48 by b73

vkm91941

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2006, 04:37:50 am »
no matter how horrible that scene sounds, I'm still kind of hoping it shows up with some deleted scenes on a bonus disc down the line... though more and more it's sounding like there really weren't all that many deleted scenes, so we may never get more  :'(
Yeah I agree with that sentiment Mandy.  I want to see every frame they cut!  But that probably is asking too much LOL...but we should get some kind of collector's edition with extra content  out in time for the holidays in late November or early December. At Least I hope we do. ::)

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2006, 11:12:01 am »
Bumping to the front page

Offline Mikaela

• Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2006, 12:14:49 pm »
Well, I'm among those who'd like to eventually see the scene. If for nothing else, then because I would like to know whether Jack's quip was actually filmed; - the one about Ennis being "well hung up" when one of the hippies comments that Ennis is too tense and hung up.  :P

But after the whole fiasco with the Special Collector's edition I doubt we'll ever get to see any deleted scenes.  :(  :-\

I'd only seen one pic with the hippies before, the one that is also on the Czech site with E&J riding and the hippies visible in the lower left corner. But then I recently came across this one over at DC........ I'd never seen it beore and haven't seen any comments about it. I'm not sure whether it's a hoax or an actual picture from the hippie scene filming. If it is for real, it has to be an outtake because the guy on horseback in the background doesn't look like Jack but more like an Ennis double.

Offline Kd5000

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2006, 12:42:14 pm »
Yep, looks very contrived. Glad it was cut. Still like to see the scene.   Is there a scene of Jack and Lureen stopping to pick up Randall and LaShawn after their car broke down?That sounds plausible.

Thanks for the photo. Yep, don't look like were going to get any deleted scenes on the deluxe edition.

Offline SFEnnisSF

• BBM Radio Program Director
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2006, 02:57:37 pm »
I'd like to view it and appreciate it "as a deleted scene".  Yes, it was deleted for a reason.  ;)