Author Topic: The Bull and Its Rider, by littleguitar  (Read 11421 times)

Offline littleguitar

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • She was always a lonely child...
The Bull and Its Rider, by littleguitar
« on: February 26, 2007, 08:42:41 pm »
Guys, I've started a new story  :-\

Um, here you go...

The Bull and Its Rider, Chapter 1

http://minchout.livejournal.com/22244.html

As always, comments and con. crit. welcome!

and if anyone is annoyed by me starting a new thread for this, let me know and I'll move it to one of my other threads....
« Last Edit: February 26, 2007, 10:04:15 pm by MaineWriter »
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

-- del Mar Painting, Ch. 48 by b73

Offline fernly

• Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: The Bull and Its Rider, by me
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2007, 09:25:48 pm »
What a lovely start! You have such vivid details of the place and the characters and their feelings. I'm really looking forward to more.
Thank you!
Fern
on the mountain flying in the euphoric, bitter air

Offline littleguitar

Re: The Bull and Its Rider, by me
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2007, 09:39:43 pm »
Thanks Fernly! I'm glad you think my descriptions are vivid  :-*

Thanks for the comment!
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
Re: The Bull and Its Rider, by littleguitar
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2007, 10:05:50 pm »
I am not annoyed at all and thank you for starting the thread. I did modify the header to put your name in there, to make it clearer who the author was. My opinion....don't hide your light under a bushel!

Thanks for sharing...

Leslie
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline littleguitar

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2007, 12:24:37 am »
Oh good, thanks Leslie! I just have three different threads going over here so I didn't want to be the crazy girl trying to take over the board  ;)  But if no one minds I'll leave it!

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2007, 05:31:42 am »
Well I don't mind at all, Mandy!  :-*

**SPOILERS**

I'm in Mandy! Great start! WOW! How do you do it??!

I love Jack going out at night to watch the stars and I loved how you had Ennis come into the story :) It's comforting to me knowing Ennis will be around the ranch now. Poor Jack :( *sigh*
I loved this little line, it's beautiful:

He grinned at her, a playful sparkle that warmed the air the woman breathed,

I have absolutely no problems with the age difference, it's hardly anything to me.

Looking forward to more, Mandy!  :-*

mvansand76

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2007, 06:43:45 am »
Guys, I've started a new story  :-\

Um, here you go...

The Bull and Its Rider, Chapter 1

http://minchout.livejournal.com/22244.html

As always, comments and con. crit. welcome!

and if anyone is annoyed by me starting a new thread for this, let me know and I'll move it to one of my other threads....

What is that undecided smiley doing there? No need for that!!!! I am gonna read this today and come back and comment!

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2007, 09:41:49 am »
Well, I'm hooked -

I was trying to limit the number of fics I was reading, thinking I would wait for some to be completed before starting others, but when I read this:

Sometimes they felt as numerous as the stars in that sky he loved so much. But most nights, he could feel their passing, the ticking away of them loud in his ears as he wished that just for once he had more time to be at peace with the world.

and this:

He couldn’t remember ever wishing for night to fade into day, but if it meant seeing this man more clearly then he’d wish for it with all his heart.

How am I supposed to resist?  Now I'll have to go and find the rest of your fics and get sucked into them, too.  Might as well wave the white flag and surrender completely!  LOL!!

Thanks,
Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2007, 10:18:19 am »
Well, I'm hooked -

I was trying to limit the number of fics I was reading, thinking I would wait for some to be completed before starting others, but when I read this:

Sometimes they felt as numerous as the stars in that sky he loved so much. But most nights, he could feel their passing, the ticking away of them loud in his ears as he wished that just for once he had more time to be at peace with the world.

and this:

He couldn’t remember ever wishing for night to fade into day, but if it meant seeing this man more clearly then he’d wish for it with all his heart.

How am I supposed to resist?  Now I'll have to go and find the rest of your fics and get sucked into them, too.  Might as well wave the white flag and surrender completely!  LOL!!

Thanks,
Marie

wow Marie, that is some gift you have there, saying exactly what i was thinking!! ;).

Maybe we could start a support group  ;D
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline littleguitar

« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2007, 10:29:28 am »
What is that undecided smiley doing there? No need for that!!!! I am gonna read this today and come back and comment!

LOL Mel, the undecided smiliey is me thinking that I'm insane for starting a third story... and, to top it off, this isn't even the story I was planning on starting, this just randomly came out when I sat down to work on JBLaY yesterday.

So, I have a fourth plot bunny rolling around in my head now. But, too bad that story requires a lot of research, and I just don't think I can handle that at the moment...