Author Topic: Trouble in Paradise?  (Read 7982 times)

Offline Cameron

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Trouble in Paradise?
« on: February 27, 2007, 07:27:16 pm »
This is in today's New York Daily News. 

Heath bars Michelle on V-Day

Brooklynites Heath Ledger and Michelle Williams have hit a rough patch in their relationship.

"They had a huge fight, and they're not speaking," a source told us last week, although a separate spy says things thawed a little over the Oscars weekend.

Our spy spotted heath in the company of a gaggle of other women (although not misbehaving) without Michelle on Valentine's day at Teddy's in los Angeles.

Williams responded frostily to a question about their relationship during Fashion Week.

Here is the link:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/gossip/story/501132p-422609c.html

Think it's true?  Trouble with our favorite couple?
« Last Edit: February 27, 2007, 07:37:20 pm by marlb42 »

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
Re: Trouble in Paradise?
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2007, 08:39:55 pm »
Sigh.  Kick 'em when they're up, kick 'em when they're down.  How about this?  Leave 'em alone.

(Nothing against you for posting it, marlb, my darling - this kinda stuff just really pisses me off.)
No more beans!

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2007, 08:43:33 pm »
Hmm,  maybe Heath told her that Jake was staying over when he was in town to do the Letterman show?

Heath: "Hey Michelle.  Jakes coming over, so could you sleep on the couch?"

Offline delalluvia

• "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2007, 10:47:48 pm »
Well, I wouldn't be surprised.  They jumped into living together and having a child after knowing each other for a very short time.  I've dated guys longer than they have been living together and couldn't say that I knew those guys well enough.

I wouldn't be surprised if they eventually break up.  They are a Hollywood couple after all, with dueling egos, careers and the stress of a new baby on a new relationship.  I hope they work it out, but the odds are against them.

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2007, 10:56:16 pm »
Ah, they are just two kids, grown too quick, they are just making it thru like the rest of us, best they can.
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline LauraGigs

• BetterMost Moderator
    • My Design Portfolio
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2007, 02:28:52 am »
Funny — I always had a bit of a crush on Heath and am insanely jealous of Michelle.  But this is a bit sad to hear.

Our spy spotted heath in the company of a gaggle of other women (although not misbehaving) without Michelle on Valentine's day at Teddy's in Los Angeles.

*If* this is true, it would be absolutely heartbreaking for Michelle, I imagine. She's a gorgeous celeb too, but it's much easier for the man to step out and immediately find a throng of worshipers. In this particular instance, I don't envy her in the least. It all must be very hard.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2007, 07:32:44 am »
I think it is a bunch of hogwash, myself. There was a similar article about them breaking up and the very next day, the wedding ring photos surfaced. IMO, I think they are together for the long haul.

Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2007, 10:50:09 am »
I also think they jumped into marriage and parenthood pretty quickly, amid a lot of other excitement and pressures -- attention and interviews and appearances, paparazzi harassment, Oscars nominations and losses -- so it wouldn't surprise me if the stress wouldn't affect their relationship at some point.

But I don't believe anything I read anywhere about what goes on inside someone's marriage unless it's a direct quote from one of the spouses.

They had a huge fight "a source told us"? Please. My best friends don't always know everything that happens between my husband and me. And if they did, I sure hope they wouldn't be blabbing it to the press.

Offline opinionista

« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2007, 12:20:50 pm »
Hmm,  maybe Heath told her that Jake was staying over when he was in town to do the Letterman show?

Heath: "Hey Michelle.  Jakes coming over, so could you sleep on the couch?"

LOL. Good one David!
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2007, 01:11:22 pm »
... they are just making it thru like the rest of us, best they can.

Here here ..  :)
All the best of luck to them!

mvansand76

« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2007, 05:19:39 pm »
I think it is a bunch of hogwash, myself. There was a similar article about them breaking up and the very next day, the wedding ring photos surfaced. IMO, I think they are together for the long haul.

I have hig hopes for them too. There has to be one Hollywood couple that is gonna make it together, and this is the one couple that I think and hope will make it. You're never sure though, but I hate it how the press keeps making things up and speculating. How frustrating must that be for them?

Offline opinionista

« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2007, 09:17:37 pm »
I have hig hopes for them too. There has to be one Hollywood couple that is gonna make it together, and this is the one couple that I think and hope will make it. You're never sure though, but I hate it how the press keeps making things up and speculating. How frustrating must that be for them?

Well, Paul Newman and Joanne Woodward have made it, haven't they? They've been married since 1958. Boy. I wasn't even born!
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2007, 09:23:47 pm »
Well, Paul Newman and Joanne Woodward have made it, haven't they? They've been married since 1958. Boy. I wasn't even born!

That's true. Goldie Hawn and Kurt Russell have been together since 1982, as have Jessica Lange and Sam Shepard...both couples celebrating 25 year anniversaries this year. I look forward to raising a glass for Heath and Michelle on their 25th (which will be 2030 by my calculations, and I don't want to say how old I will be! LOL)

Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2007, 11:07:07 pm »
That's true. Goldie Hawn and Kurt Russell have been together since 1982, as have Jessica Lange and Sam Shepard...both couples celebrating 25 year anniversaries this year. I look forward to raising a glass for Heath and Michelle on their 25th (which will be 2030 by my calculations, and I don't want to say how old I will be! LOL)

Oh, I'm sure that will be wine in your glass and not prune juice, Leslie!   ;)

Who else has been around a long time? I was going to say Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson, but I just looked them up and found they've only been together since 1988 -- less than 20 years. But I know there are a few other longtimers.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2007, 03:40:34 am »
But I know there are a few other longtimers.

Alan Alda is married to Arlene Alda since March 1957.

As for Heath and Michelle, I agree with Katherine:
But I don't believe anything I read anywhere about what goes on inside someone's marriage unless it's a direct quote from one of the spouses

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2007, 02:19:30 pm »
Alan Alda is married to Arlene Alda since March 1957.

Wow, that's (slightly) longer than I've been alive. I didn't even know he was that old!

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2007, 04:36:47 pm »
Wow, that's (slightly) longer than I've been alive. I didn't even know he was that old!

He is  :laugh:. I looked it up on imdb. He was born in 1936. He was only 21 when they married  :o. How many times did the press foresee the end of their marriage?
There's a cute pic of the two on imdb, but I can't copy it. Here's the link:
http://www.imdb.com/gallery/granitz/3162/Events/3162/ArleneAlda_Kambo_5162098_400.jpg?path=pgallery&path_key=Alda,%20Alan

Last year, when I saw him at the Oscars, I was astonished by him twice. First I thought 'Oh my. He is a really old man now.' The second time was when he laughed. I thought 'Oh my god. He still looks like Hawkeye.'

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2007, 05:05:13 pm »
Last year, when I saw him at the Oscars, I was astonished by him twice. First I thought 'Oh my. He is a really old man now.' The second time was when he laughed. I thought 'Oh my god. He still looks like Hawkeye.'

Right on both counts, Chrissi!  :laugh:

His wife looks refreshingly like a regular woman and not a "Hollywood wife."

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2007, 03:04:18 am »
Here are some long Hollywood marriages:

Meryl Streep & Don Gummer since September 15, 1978
Raymond Burr & Robert Benevides for 35 years, til Raymond's death
Anne Bancroft & Mel Brooks, for 41 years, til Anne's death
Jane Wyatt & Edgar for 65 years, til Edgar's death

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon & Contributor
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • ...a love that will never grow old
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2007, 03:08:28 am »
And I bet none of them ever had a fight ::)

O0

Heathen

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2007, 10:01:43 am »
Here's another one - from BBC News today.

Golden anniversary for Tom Jones

Sir Tom Jones may have been thrilling his female fans on stage for more than 40 years, but through it all he has stayed married to one woman.
Now the 66-year-old Welsh singer is celebrating his golden wedding with his childhood sweetheart Linda.

The star wed Melinda Trenchard - as she was then - on 2 March, 1957, at Pontypridd register office.

Biographer Robin Eggar believes Linda keeps her husband grounded and reminds him of his roots.

In a showbusiness world marked by multiple divorce, they have achieved a rare milestone.

Sir Tom, born Thomas Woodward in Treforest, Pontypridd, was a teenager working in a paper mill when he tied the knot with local girl Linda. Just over a month later, their son Mark was born.

In 1965, he scored his first hit with It's Not Unusual and has enjoyeda career spanning five decades. He has also been awarded an OBE and, last March, a knighthood.

Mr Eggar, who wrote Tom Jones: The Biography and has met the singer frequently, said Sir Tom kept his superstar persona separate from who he is at home with his wife.

He said: "When he's at home he's Tommy Woodward.

"If she wants him to go shopping for bathroom tiles, he does. She cut herself off from Tom Jones the superstar about 40 years ago."

Linda, who has always stayed out of the limelight, stopped watching her husband perform on stage early in his career, said Mr Eggar.

Asked what had kept the couple together so long, he said "absence".

He said she was born in an era when you "put up with your husband for better or for worse".

He said: "Linda has never wanted to be with anybody else. She has time to be by herself, she spends time with her family and she's comfortably off."

Tom, who staged a homecoming concert in Pontypridd to mark his 65th birthday, would be devastated if he did not have her, said Mr Eggar.

"It's a total haven for him. He's no longer Tom Jones, he's Tom.

"If he's smoking in the non-smoking room, she'll tell him off. He's happy with that. He's at Linda's beck and call."

The author added: "She and Tom have found something that works for both of them. She grounds him in a way he needs to be grounded. She reminds him of where he came from. Yet she's smart enough not to demand the impossible."

Sir Tom told CNN's Larry King in 2003 that he and his wife fell in love when they were teenagers, which he called "the purest love of all."

Asked by King if the love was still alive, he replied: "Oh, yes. I mean, it was strained a few times, you know, because of showbusiness.

"But she... I never wanted to leave my wife, and she never wanted to leave me."

Fan Ann Hughes, from Nefyn on the Lleyn Peninsula, who has been to more than 100 of his concerts, started a letter-writing campaign to secure his knighthood and has a memorabilia room.

For his anniversary, the great-grandmother had a special card printed to send to America.

She said: "There must be something there for them to stay together all these years. All the best to them."

Story from BBC NEWS:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/1/hi/wales/6409837.stm

Published: 2007/03/02 06:57:26 GMT

http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2007, 01:09:03 pm »
Well, it's not the most romantic piece I've ever read about a marriage, but it works for them.  :)  It looks like he was 16 when they got married.

I would have had to stop going to his concerts too, if I was her.  I would not enjoy my husband gyrating and purring that way for all to see, while women threw their underwear at him.  Thanks for posting it, Kelda.