Author Topic: My "Great White North"  (Read 388766 times)

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: My "Great White North"
« Reply #390 on: June 23, 2007, 02:17:21 am »
!!

Marijuana!!

:-X :-X :-X

NO!!!!!!

Is that always your first answer?

It's a weed herb - makes teas and a pretty popular *** flavour
2015 - Toronto: Pan Am Games
2015 - Edmonton, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Winnipeg: Woman's World Cup of Soccer

injest

« Reply #391 on: June 23, 2007, 02:24:59 am »
NO!!!!!!

Is that always your first answer?

LOL!!

I get tickled cause someone once pmed me and asked me if I thought you were growing marijuana in your yard (they thought they saw some in one of the pictures you posted a LONG time ago) so everytime you post a pic of something with no flowers I think about that.... :laugh:

I mean come on...you live IN the city....and yes Canada is a bit more liberal than the US but really! ya'll don't grow weed in your FRONT yards, for God's sake!!!

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #392 on: June 23, 2007, 03:00:48 am »
LOL!!

I get tickled cause someone once pmed me and asked me if I thought you were growing marijuana in your yard (they thought they saw some in one of the pictures you posted a LONG time ago) so everytime you post a pic of something with no flowers I think about that.... :laugh:

I mean come on...you live IN the city....and yes Canada is a bit more liberal than the US but really! ya'll don't grow weed in your FRONT yards, for God's sake!!!

You don't seem to realize just how much more liberal we are in this country when it comes to cannabis. For one thing it is less dependancy creating than legal tobacco, and a lot less damaging to the body (cause ya don't consume it in as great a quantity). The amount of attention this little plant gets is WAY out of proportion to it's true damage. (A little like the witch hunt that still exists in some parts concerning homosexuality!) Heck just a couple a years ago, the liberal government tried to delist possession a marijuana as a criminal offense, but of course, the good ol 'land a the free' put pressure on our politicians and it went on the back burner ... other problems brought about a change to a conservative (minority) governement.

My tenants, two years ago, did grow em in the front yard. I told em to take it to the back! And I'm pretty sure that Bryan has grown em in the back yard as well, at one point. Just a plant or two, mind you ...

And not all my photos are pictures a flowers in my FRONT yard  ;D
« Last Edit: June 23, 2007, 03:34:13 am by Sheriff Roland »
2015 - Edmonton, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Winnipeg: Woman's World Cup of Soccer

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #393 on: June 23, 2007, 07:24:15 am »
Here's yesterday's update on the only real impressive "Masysville Daisies" happenin in the yard. Photo taken near sunset.

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #394 on: June 23, 2007, 09:32:50 pm »
Still no guesses on the reply #387 herb picture?

Here's a picture I took yesterday. Plant's called 'shoe-fly' (according to Bill - you'll no doubt notice the fly sittin on the leaf on the right!). It's an annual, which means it grows from seed. Yer never sure a where they'll pop up. The flowers are little, but the plant will grow all summer long, and produce little flowers everyday. The seed pods (as shown near the flower) look pretty as well. Bush will grow to 4 - 4 & a half feet high.

Here's the flower.

injest

« Reply #395 on: June 23, 2007, 09:35:26 pm »
Still no guesses on the reply #387 herb picture?

Here's a picture I took yesterday. Plant's called 'shoe-fly' (according to Bill). It's an annual, which means it grows from seed. Yer never sure a where they'll pop up. The flowers are little, but the plant will grow all summer long, and produce little flowers everyday. The seed pods (as shown near the flower) look pretty as well. Bush will grow to 4 - 4 & a half feet high.

Here's the flower.

actually I DO know what it is...was gonna give someone ELSE a chance first...

is it

PEPPERMINT??

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #396 on: June 23, 2007, 09:40:21 pm »
actually I DO know what it is...was gonna give someone ELSE a chance first...

is it

PEPPERMINT??

Yup - it is Peppermint - congratulations Jess!

... thus the hint:

Grows like a weed, makes tea and a pretty popular gum flavour.

injest

« Reply #397 on: June 23, 2007, 09:47:27 pm »
WOOP WOOP!!

I AM the CHAMPION!!!!

YES!!

*Jess does the official Champion dance*

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #398 on: June 23, 2007, 10:14:37 pm »
Name this Plant  7th edition. :)

injest

« Reply #399 on: June 23, 2007, 10:42:47 pm »
peppermint???

???