Author Topic: My "Great White North"  (Read 388772 times)

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: My "Great White North"
« Reply #530 on: July 01, 2007, 01:44:37 pm »
Thanks Jess - How you likin my flower fest so far today?

Don't know what type a flower this is - grown in the area behing the house where we put a bunch a plants 4 or 5 years ago. These grow quite tall, and, to the best of my recollection, they'll continue to bloom for at least a couple a weeks

2015 - Toronto: Pan Am Games
2015 - Edmonton, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Winnipeg: Woman's World Cup of Soccer

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #531 on: July 01, 2007, 03:37:15 pm »
Here's a 'cut flower' who's name I don't recall - got it a long time ago, and moved half of em last year from the back to the newly bordered area. Leaves look to be daisy related, so I refer ta em as my double bloom daisies.

2015 - Edmonton, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Winnipeg: Woman's World Cup of Soccer

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #532 on: July 01, 2007, 04:38:45 pm »
How about a dif'rent yucca plant (actually two - side by side). I had posted the one nearest the house before. These are right next to this year's new hole in the ground.

P.S. this my 10th posted picture today ... and I've only used two of the 9 I took this morning, so ... I'm not done yet!

injest

« Reply #533 on: July 01, 2007, 05:09:52 pm »
Goodness! we are having quite a flower show in honor of Canada Day....do you have any other plans for the day? How do ya'll normally celebrate?

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #534 on: July 01, 2007, 05:47:30 pm »
Goodness! we are having quite a flower show in honor of Canada Day....do you have any other plans for the day? How do ya'll normally celebrate?

Been working in the garden a little (ultimatum from Bryan)

I don't much celebrate much a any holidays. Canadians in genral? well there's always treating it like a Summer Sunday - picnicking, going to the cottage, receiving guessts fer supper (that's what Bryan's dion). Then there are fireworks, and what's become an all day Parliament Hill televised party with live bands (currently popular canadian bands from both french and english Canada) - Although I suspect there have been some changes on how that's done with the need for more security than in the 90's.

Anyhoot, the next picture... the afore-mentioned faux (or annual) black-eyed susan that are doing really well on the south side of the garage (where no flower has ever been planted).

injest

« Reply #535 on: July 01, 2007, 05:53:52 pm »
ultamatum??? From Bryan??

and what is he gonna do if you don't work in the garden?? huh??

you are too big to get a whuppin!

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #536 on: July 01, 2007, 06:46:31 pm »
ultamatum??? From Bryan??

Yup.

"If I get there tomorrow and you ain't done what I asked, then I just turn around & don't do any work in the garden this week!"

Anyways, here's an early look at the red hot pokers. Used ta have em in the main flowerbed, but last year ... nothing. This year, a healthy plant's growing behind the house. Bryan don't remember moving it there, or planting it there (and neither do I), but ... there it is!

injest

« Reply #537 on: July 01, 2007, 06:52:12 pm »
Yup.

"If I get there tomorrow and you ain't done what I asked, then I just turn around & don't do any work in the garden this week!"
Anyways, here's an early look at the red hot pokers. Used ta have em in the main flowerbed, but last year ... nothing. This year, a healthy plant's growing behind the house. Bryan don't remember moving it there, or planting it there (and neither do I), but ... there it is!

dang!! he is being all tough with you! he is coming on a Monday? that is new isn't it?

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #538 on: July 01, 2007, 07:47:55 pm »
Here's another small flower that bloomed just this morning - continued to open up during the day so it actually looks better now than when I took the picture this morning (but I LIKE the way it looks right now too!  ;D ) Not sure what it's called - maybe Bryan will know, & might tell me tomorrow.

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #539 on: July 01, 2007, 10:17:55 pm »
Computer connection problems are gone for the time being - so I'll post another picture ... Yesterday's view of the shasta daisies in the main flowerbed

14th picture today (wonder what I'll have left for the rest a the week  ;) )