Author Topic: My "Great White North"  (Read 388866 times)

injest

Re: My "Great White North"
« Reply #540 on: July 01, 2007, 10:24:53 pm »
I figured you would be finished ten pages ago! Your yard doesn't seem like it is big enough to have such a variety of plants in it!!

:o :o

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #541 on: July 01, 2007, 10:34:50 pm »
I figured you would be finished ten pages ago! Your yard doesn't seem like it is big enough to have such a variety of plants in it!!

:o :o

Not to worry ... got more.

Gonna finish tonight with a global view of the lilies (as of today) just to show what I mean when I say the show's just about to start. Then I'll still have 4 more photos for tomorrow, including a not yet shown bloom. And who knows what the day after will bring! (got al least 4 varieties of lilies that have yet to open up! - the pinks, the blacks, the whites. and the light yellow - oh & then there are the minis & the starbusts & the very scented trumpet-like  tall ones - oh & the giant yellow spotted. I'm no doubt forgettin some ... old age - the memory's the 3rd thing to go)

Oh & that doesn't include the dif'rent varieties of daylilies yet to come  ;D
2015 - Toronto: Pan Am Games
2015 - Edmonton, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Winnipeg: Woman's World Cup of Soccer

injest

« Reply #542 on: July 01, 2007, 11:00:45 pm »
black lillies??

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #543 on: July 01, 2007, 11:02:29 pm »
Awright - nearly 11 pm here. Will have posted some 15 pics taday, all taken in the last two days.

Finishin off with a view seen before as early as last April when the shoots were just barely showing. Some are blooming, most have yet to do so. Figure in the next 15 days all the garden's attention's gonna be directed t'wards this flowerbed as the main group a lilies do their stuff.

Humm that's not bad - Think I'll try the four-times-larger picture a this one as my dest top for a few days...
« Last Edit: July 01, 2007, 11:12:42 pm by Sheriff Roland »
2015 - Edmonton, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Winnipeg: Woman's World Cup of Soccer

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #544 on: July 01, 2007, 11:10:53 pm »
It's just perfect as my desktop. Got a wide screen monitor and the picture gets stretched out beautifully - lotsa detail - bright colours and lotsa unopened blooms showing promise. I love this one!

If you would like any of the pictures posted, in a larger format, send me a pm with your e-mail address.

injest

« Reply #545 on: July 01, 2007, 11:12:58 pm »
Awright - nearly 11 pm here. Will have posted some 15 pics taday, all taken in the last two days.

Finishin off with a view seen before as early as lasy april when the shoots were just barely showing. Some are blooming, most have yet to do so. Figure in the next 15 days all the garden's attention's gonna be directed t'wards this flowerbed as the main group a lilies do their stuff.

Humm that's not bad - Think I'll try the four-times-larger picture a this one as my dest top for a few days...

WHOA!

injest

« Reply #546 on: July 01, 2007, 11:14:34 pm »
It's just perfect as my desktop. Got a wide screen monitor and the picture gets stretched out beautifully - lotsa detail - bright colours and lotsa unopened blooms showing promise. I love this one!

If you would like any of the pictures posted, in a larger format, send me a pm with your e-mail address.

look at the light! just wonderful....that is a really NICE pic Roland....

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #547 on: July 01, 2007, 11:16:09 pm »
WHOA!

Yea like fire works, I thought I'd finish off with a big bang, but I didn't realize that it would be this effective

I'm pleased!  ;D

injest

« Reply #548 on: July 01, 2007, 11:21:29 pm »
Yea like fire works, I thought I'd finish off with a big bang, but I didn't realize that it would be this effective

I'm pleased!  ;D

crap....that picture looks crystal clear and stunning on this old computer...I am turning my new computer (with the better graphics card) to take another look! (send me this one too...LOL!) please?

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #549 on: July 02, 2007, 05:09:09 am »
Good morning

If you're visiting for the very first time, you might wanna start about on the 12th page, when things started happening at a more colourful rate (such as Elle has directed from the banner.) For a quick view a what's what NOW, go back a couple a pages - went crazy yesterday & posted more'n a dozen pics. Course if you got the time (an hour or two) start around page 5 (the first 60 posts are pictures of my trip in Northern Ontario, last summer)

Awright ... today's first pic ...

a close-up of the double bloom daisie I introduced ya to yesterday: