Author Topic: My "Great White North"  (Read 392973 times)

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: My "Great White North"
« Reply #700 on: July 16, 2007, 08:41:02 am »
I'm not sure what you mean by 'you've got a TON still coming' Many of the iris plants did not produce blooms this year - mostly, I think, because they were too close together. That's one a the reasons that Bryan FINALLY agreed that they needed to be removed (garden magazine says they should be seperated every 4 years - these haven't been moved in 7 or 8 years!) Got a few more varieties a lilies & daylilies to bloom, but, like I said a few days ago, the garden's gonna get into a slow comf'table 'yellow' period, where black-eyed susans, sunflowers and assorted annuals are gonna be practically the only thing happening. That and the tomatoes and cucumbers  ;D
2015 - Toronto: Pan Am Games
2015 - Edmonton, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Winnipeg: Woman's World Cup of Soccer

injest

« Reply #701 on: July 16, 2007, 08:49:05 am »
I mean there are still a LOT of buds. They don't each have to be different varieties...they are beautiful!

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #702 on: July 16, 2007, 06:12:16 pm »
This dry area is doing relatively well this year (again) since I put in the shoefly (last year) and the sunflowers (this year). Will continue to grow and produce some colour throughout the summer.

2015 - Edmonton, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Winnipeg: Woman's World Cup of Soccer

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #703 on: July 17, 2007, 08:29:24 am »
Oops ... meant to post (yet another) close-up of the shoefly yesterday ...

Best one yet, I think!

injest

« Reply #704 on: July 17, 2007, 08:31:17 am »
OH! Look at the colors....so pretty with the dark in the middle!

what a nice pic to start the morning off!

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #705 on: July 17, 2007, 03:02:28 pm »
Mentioned a while back about the wasp nest in the lilac tree. Took this picture a couple a days ago. When Bryan was here on Saturday, he was the first one to notice it ... he tried to take it down, thinking that, in the rain, it was possibly a good time to do so ... came back in looking a little frazelled, advising me that the wasps were in a bad mood! ----- ya think?!

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #706 on: July 17, 2007, 10:43:58 pm »
Nother yellow daylily opened up a couple a days ago - here are the first blooms a this rather ordinary yellow (but pretty) daylily

injest

« Reply #707 on: July 17, 2007, 11:44:47 pm »
Mentioned a while back about the wasp nest in the lilac tree. Took this picture a couple a days ago. When Bryan was here on Saturday, he was the first one to notice it ... he tried to take it down, thinking that, in the rain, it was possibly a good time to do so ... came back in looking a little frazelled, advising me that the wasps were in a bad mood! ----- ya think?!

oh my lort night a living!!!

:o :o

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #708 on: July 18, 2007, 03:48:48 am »
HA! The chrysanthemum WERE a mixture a simple & double bloom - both on the same bush! - heck they coexist on the same stem!

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #709 on: July 18, 2007, 07:15:30 pm »
Seems like the best of the season's passed already - here's a picture a the daylilies + taken 3 days ago. There was nothing new to photograph today, but I still have a few in reserve - like this one.