Author Topic: The Military and its tactics being visited on the soldiers in Iraq, to reup...  (Read 40794 times)

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club

The Army in Iraq are putting undue pressure on the soldiers there to sign up for another
tour.  They are in a war zone, and afraid of being overtly defiant, for fear of getting placed on the most dangerous missions, and having their dates for departure lengthened, because of
some minor infractions.  My granddaughters husband is now undergoing this very problem.
He is being constantly harranged by his superior officers to get his reenlistment.  He has
told them repeatedly over and over, that he isnt interested.  He wife is against it and there
is no way its going to happen..
    Now they are starting to belittle him, and call him coward and pussy etc.  because of his refusal to bow to their heretofor unsuccessful attempts.. He is afraid to say more for fear
of the retaliation.. So now they are threatening to contact his wife, and so forth...she has
told him to tell them to go ahead and tell them to do so...But that is not the issue, to me
     The real issue is the fact that he is in a dangerous and life threatening situation already.
And now he cant even feel that his officers and superiors have even got his best interests at
heart..          I dont know how the rest of you may feel, but I find this is appalling.  The
military in this country along with our commander in chief are now very quickly losing all the
 gravitas  ive ever given them.

Beautiful mind

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
Hey J.

I don't think I had too much respect for the 'Commander in chief' to begin with, mainly because he's never had the best interest of the country or the men and women who serve at heart.

Sorry to hear that your grand daughter's husband is getting harrassed like that. :-\
Appalling? Certainly is.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2007, 03:35:22 pm by Lucise »

injest

Janice I wish that there was some way to make Bush pay for the things he is doing. He is going to retire in comfort while our kids pay for his mistakes...

I am so sorry to hear that about your grandson-in-law...and they claim that there is no back door draft!

Offline Toast

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
It's so sad to read about this young man being scared into signing up for more dangerous missions in Iraq.

I am from Canada.

I have also been saddened by the news about how the military hospitals are treating your injured/damaged veterans.  Many patriotic groups wave the flag in support of the war.  But where are they when the soldiers need respect and support as individual humans at home or overseas.

I think you are right in saying that you "gave gravitas" to the Commander in Chief.  He and the military situation should have earned your gravitas, not received it for free. 

These young men deserve to be individually supported and respected.   And if their rights and freedoms conflict with the President's war, then let your young men prevail.

I wish your grandson-in-law the best.  And all his brother soldiers in Iraq, as well as the Canadians in Afghanistan - where their work has become too combatitive.

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
Jeezzz,I didn't know what ta say - bein Canadian, but 2 of yer other respondents are Canadians as well, so ...

I'm at a loss as to what ta say, really. Except, I feel fer ya. {{{janice}}}
2015 - Toronto: Pan Am Games
2015 - Edmonton, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Winnipeg: Woman's World Cup of Soccer

Offline ifyoucantfixit

Thanks for sharing your thoughts,, i really appreciate them all.               janice

Beautiful mind

Offline opinionista

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
I wasn't aware the military was harrassing and using psychological abuse in order to get men going into war. I think it is beyond appalling. They seem desperate. You should write about this to your local newspaper. Get the word out there somehow, other than in this forum. I wish the best for your grandson in law and I hope he doesn't succumb to that kind of bullying.
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline ifyoucantfixit

Update;  Aaron is coming home, and will be here the same weekend I go to
Sanfrancisco.  Thank god and all the universe, he is still safe and in one piece. 
    But yes he did resign, and has to come home for getting further training.  He and Tiffany are both happy he is returning, but they are so upset that he is still under the cloud of having to be redeployed in the future. 
    I think of all the heinous things that the Bush Cheney government has done.  This has been the worst of all.  I am not sure I will feel the same about my country ever again.  All the things that we and they have done.  Things that we have allowed to be done in our name.   Are so egregious and horrible, that it is never to be forgiven by me.  Let alone the rest of the world.
      It hasnt been that long that I was an American Patriot that would have believed that I could not be bested in my fervor.  That is just one more thing I hate them for...Losing my Belief....

Beautiful mind

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
    Update;  Aaron is coming home, and will be here the same weekend I go to
Sanfrancisco.  Thank god and all the universe, he is still safe and in one piece. 
    But yes he did resign, and has to come home for getting further training.  He and Tiffany are both happy he is returning, but they are so upset that he is still under the cloud of having to be redeployed in the future. 
    I think of all the heinous things that the Bush Cheney government has done.  This has been the worst of all.  I am not sure I will feel the same about my country ever again.  All the things that we and they have done.  Things that we have allowed to be done in our name.   Are so egregious and horrible, that it is never to be forgiven by me.  Let alone the rest of the world.
      It hasnt been that long that I was an American Patriot that would have believed that I could not be bested in my fervor.  That is just one more thing I hate them for...Losing my Belief....

I hear ya Janice!

And now apparently we want to bomb Iran! We need to stop bombing other countries just because we don't agree with them, or we don't like their form of government. They tell us Iran is developing "nuclear weapons". Gee. Where have we heard that one before?

Who's next after Iran? England, because they have a Monarchy? Canada? Mexico?

Hey, maybe we could even start bombing some US states too! Massachusetts anyone? We better go get them! They're too liberal up there anyway! And while we're at it, let's bomb Indiana too! We all know Indiana is one of those states that doesn't really matter. And who needs a "no account" state like that?

When is all this madness going to end?

I'm so happy Aaron is safe at home now, Janice! I hope he never has to go back to that awful war. My cousin Adrian was deployed to Iraq several months ago. He was very scared. My heart skips a beat every time I hear about some soldiers killed over there.

We're in a terrible mess now, and I don't know what we can do about it. And America has certainly changed. Many Americans don't feel patriotic anymore. President Bush flushed us all down the toilet and he doesn't even care. He just continues to lie to everyone. It infuriates me.  >:(

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline ifyoucantfixit

So true, David so true..I dont even know where we can start to try and repair the terrible
damage that group has done to this country, and others as well.
         Plus i am not even sure we have a country any longer...If the (Chinese bank of international
growth and power) wants to forclose on all of our loans etc.
         Pretty soon all our homes  and businesses are going to go on the chopping block of forclosure.

Beautiful mind

Offline Brokeback_Dev

• Love is a force of nature
Re: The Military and its tactics being visited on the soldiers in Iraq, to reup
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2007, 10:55:12 pm »
This is really scary...   I cant believe that the military is using such tactics, but i know its true because its something our leader would definitely stoop to doing.   Plus, when our service men and women come home, they live with the fear of being deployed again at anytime.  I dislike Bush and obviously so does his staff.   Little by little they are resigning to the left and to the right.  What a piss ant he turned out to be.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2007, 11:00:40 pm by brokeback_dev »

Offline ifyoucantfixit

Aaron is home safe and sound and all in one piece.  I am very thankful.  But die a little
each time I see or hear of the ones that are killed.  The waste, and the pain is just horrible.
             If this war was a necessary one, I would at least feel it was a sacrifice to a good cause.  However I dont see a cause worthy of death there.  Its only for cash and oil. 
             I hang my head in shame...what we have become.
             I want to wring George W Bush's neck every time he says if you say something against the war, you are undermining the troops....LIAR---LIAR LIAR.  you scum sucking piece of pond grunge.

Beautiful mind

injest

the thing that makes me want to cry is to hear anyone talking about how awful another country is...like Iran and they say..."THEY torture and kill people"

we USED to be able to say we don't torture. we used to hold ourselves to a higher standard. We were Americans.

Thank you Bush. What an accomplishment...you have ruined the legacy of the Greatest Generation and everything they stood and fought and died for.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
the thing that makes me want to cry is to hear anyone talking about how awful another country is...like Iran and they say..."THEY torture and kill people"

we USED to be able to say we don't torture. we used to hold ourselves to a higher standard. We were Americans.

Thank you Bush. What an accomplishment...you have ruined the legacy of the Greatest Generation and everything they stood and fought and died for.

I absolutely and TOTALLY agree with you Jess. I couldn't have said it any better. You just expressed my feelings exactly.

The whole thing... everything, is an awful, horrible shame. It will probably take us generations to dig ourselves out of this terrible mess, and even longer than that before the world trusts us again, if it is even possible. Far too much damage has been done now, I think.  :'(

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
There are bad things that happen in any organization. The ones who are doing the harrassing of soldiers should be dealt with harshly, but it does not happen in every unit.

I have heard soldiers say that they'll be happy to go back and that their cause is a good one. So not all of the soldiers are against the war. I've listened to a lot of the guys and gals from the 875th engineer battalion who are back from a tour, and they have positive outlooks.

Bush's people who are resigning are not resigning because they don't like him. They are resigning because of public pressure and to appease the headhunters.

The far left press has done its best to undermine EVERYTHING in this administration. Everything in this administration has not been good NOR has it all been bad.

Just like "Media Matters" taking Bill O'Reilly's comments about Sylvia's out of context---not reporting that Juan Williams, a high profile black reporter was with Bill O, and agreed with him. The far left media slants and spins things to their advantage---no better or no worse than the far right.

Everything isn't black or white.

No tarring and feathering the slightly right of center me please. I've had a rough week.
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline ifyoucantfixit

Honey I would never tar nor feather you.  You have your right to think as you will.  Just as I have the right to disagree with you...I do have one question for you however.  Name me one thing that is better now, than when this man took office.  I dont worry a lot about what people say.  So much as what they do...
          I am more of a dont tell me but show me person..People can put up any kind of rhetoric.  They can say or claim whatever.  I want to see the things...they claim they are doing or have done.  I can not think of one thing that is better now for the common man. 

Beautiful mind

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male

Just like "Media Matters" taking Bill O'Reilly's comments about Sylvia's out of context---not reporting that Juan Williams, a high profile black reporter was with Bill O, and agreed with him. The far left media slants and spins things to their advantage---no better or no worse than the far right.

Bill O'Reilly is a doofaramous and he makes me want to .

I feel like drinking cyanide each time I hear that man's name.  >:(

Shasta honey, I would NEVER tar and feather you. Maybe dip you in a vat of peanut butter and sprinkle pillow feathers on you, but NEVER tar and feather you.  ;)  :D

{{{SHASTA}}}  :-*

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!

Honey I would never tar nor feather you.  You have your right to think as you will.  Just as I have the right to disagree with you...I do have one question for you however.  Name me one thing that is better now, than when this man took office.  I dont worry a lot about what people say.  So much as what they do...
          I am more of a dont tell me but show me person..People can put up any kind of rhetoric.  They can say or claim whatever.  I want to see the things...they claim they are doing or have done.  I can not think of one thing that is better now for the common man. 

;D Thanks, J. -- tar and feathers are hard to get off!!

Nothing has really changed for me as far as my standard of living. I work, I pay my bills, I have nothing left over at the end of the month---it has been that way through Democratic and Republican (of which I am neither) administrations. I am happy to live in the United States of America and I have heard a lot of people who have traveled outside the country say that this is a better place to live than many other places.

I can't say all places because I have never visited outside the USA, but I will just take my chances here. No one in my little town has had their head chopped off and no one here has chopped off any foreign visitor's head--that I know of.

I could tell some things that have happened during the Bush years that to me are positive --- but I'm sure they would be negative to some others. We all put our own experiences into what we like and dislike.

Two-thirds of known al-Qaeda leaders have been captured or killed--this is a positive to me because I believe them to be a threat. To someone who percieves al-Qaeda as no threat---this is a negative. So it doesn't really do any good for me to point out what I think are good things.

Osama Bin-Laden himself hasn't been captured--to me a negative--to someone else maybe a positive.

Saddam Hussein, a brutal leader--dead. To me--Yay. To others--no cause to celebrate. (Altho I'd rather have had him life in prison--I'm not totally sold on the death penalty, but not totally against it in some cases.)

Nuclear weapon programs have been disabled in Libya and talks are continuing with officials in North Korea. That's good by me.

During Bush's tenure in office America has come through a recession and many believe the economy is on the path to growing stronger. Junior Adam Hunter,an economics and political science major, agrees . He said, "The tax cuts are going to end up helping America over the long run, not instantly." In addition, tax reliefs have been given to small businesses and to every American who pays income taxes. Also, the child tax credit went from $500 to $1,000, the marriage penalty decreased, taxes on capital gains and stock dividends reduced, and death tax is being phased out. Bush reported in the State of the Union that Americans are using their extra money constructively and are thus driving the economy forward.

So some stuff may take awhile to show up like the tax cuts, but that sounds like a good thing.

There are others.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
Bill O'Reilly is a doofaramous and he makes me want to .

I feel like drinking cyanide each time I hear that man's name.  >:(

Shasta honey, I would NEVER tar and feather you. Maybe dip you in a vat of peanut butter and sprinkle pillow feathers on you, but NEVER tar and feather you.  ;)  :D

{{{SHASTA}}}  :-*

Yummy---I love peanut butter!!

LOL--I love BILL O'REILLY!!! (Sorry to make you wanna hit your head against a brick wall and poison yourself.)  :P

But I can see where a lot of people wouldn't like him---he's very arrogant and smug. I probably wouldn't like him for a friend, but I like his show. He will let ANYONE come on, and a lot of the FAR LEFT people won't come--the chickens! They can't stand the heat so they stay out of the kitchen. He hammers the FAR RIGHTIES too.

I was happy to see Jesse Jackson on -- they had a good dialogue.

But, yeah--I can see why he isn't everyone's cuppa tea.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Artiste

I figure that gay men in the USA army, etc., is an important issue.

Some gay men like being soldiers, even if forced into it!

But why does the USA refuse such?

Hugs!

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
I figure that gay men in the USA army, etc., is an important issue.

Some gay men like being soldiers, even if forced into it!

But why does the USA refuse such?

Hugs!

The US military is now recruiting criminals because they can't seem to meet their quota. They would rather put an assault rifle into the hands of a convicted bank robber or rapist rather than an openly gay man and woman. Hundreds of gay men and women are discharged from the US military each year because of their sexual orientation, including many gay Arabic translators.

http://www.thewashingtonnote.com/archives/001962.php

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/chronicle/archive/2006/10/01/ING42LCIGK1.DTL

I've often wondered what would happen if they ever reinstated the draft. Would gay people then be forced to serve? In other words, gay people are not welcome in the military if they wish to serve, but they could be forced to serve if necessary. How about that for a kick in the ass?  >:(

Offline Artiste

Thanks David!

You are right, since the USA military does NOT want gays!

And they spend much more  $ on getting rid of gays!

Maybe because gays are know to be peaceful men?

Hugs!

Offline ifyoucantfixit

Pardon me??  I think he is an idiot and a boob, and a lier, and definately not funny.....!!!

Beautiful mind

Offline Artiste

It is sad that you are not allowed to save your country because you are a gay man and  the USA army will refuse you because of that!!

Guess a gay man in the USA must somehow try to save it from inside from criminals?

And also from homophobia too? !!

Hugs!

Offline ifyoucantfixit

http://www.pandora.com/?tc=x-006253-0035-1149&?searchFilter=artist&search=Nat+King+Cole

Here is a cool radio station.  I discovered it while searching for some music I was interested in
listening to.  Its called pandora radio..Its the kind of station that we have here for Bettermost radio,
its 30s 40s and 50s type music, for those that like that kind of thing...its very good music.

Beautiful mind

Offline ifyoucantfixit

Beautiful mind

Offline Artiste

Heard on the news, that many men who were soldiers in the USA army are now living on the streets!

The percentage was very high! Like half of those persons living on the streets!

It is always shameful to hear this. Can't the USA and Canadian governments, and others, help a soldier who did their duty? Surely!

And spending more money on getting rid of gays in the USA forces, is a shame! Those $ are needed for helping those living on the streets!

Canada now allows gay men in it's forces! And maybe gay men and others need to come to Canada instead of staying in the USA?

Hugs!

Offline ifyoucantfixit

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4[/youtube]

love hugs

Beautiful mind

Offline ifyoucantfixit

Beautiful mind

Offline ifyoucantfixit

Beautiful mind

Offline ifyoucantfixit

Beautiful mind

Offline ifyoucantfixit

Beautiful mind

Offline ifyoucantfixit

Beautiful mind

Offline ifyoucantfixit

Beautiful mind

Offline ifyoucantfixit

Beautiful mind

Offline ifyoucantfixit

Beautiful mind

Offline ifyoucantfixit

Beautiful mind

Offline Brokeback_Dev

« Reply #37 on: December 10, 2007, 12:05:18 am »
HI Janice!  Hope your weekend went well.   I can see these letters could come in handy, but how do i get them from here to another post I make?  They would be good for wishing someone a Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, happy birthday etc etc....

Offline Brokeback_Dev

« Reply #38 on: December 10, 2007, 12:09:12 am »
HI Janice!  Hope your weekend went well.   I can see these letters could come in handy, but how do i get them from here to another post I make?  They would be good for wishing someone a Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, happy birthday etc etc....

PS// You've obviously put a lot of work into gathering all these So i give you a special thanks to a special person!  :)

Offline ifyoucantfixit

You would need to move them to a photobucket or divshare or some sort of storage site.

Beautiful mind

Offline Artiste

Hi you all!!

As I am exhausted and mother is calling me to eat a piece of her cake she baked and pudding with it she created,  may I rush this:

I do not know if I mentioned this before, but it was on TV lately that near half, half or over half of the persons living in the USA streets were American soldiers back from war!

So, I think that the question is important and needs to be placed often, so we can somehow help them!!  How??

Hugs!! To them former soldiers and the present ones, Merry Merry Merry Christmas, and Happy Holidays[/b]!! How may we help you past and current soldiers??

Offline ifyoucantfixit

Are you speaking of the homeless Artiste? 

Beautiful mind

Offline ifyoucantfixit

Welcome to Bettermost.  We are very pleased to have you
join us.  We have many wonderful warm and friendly folks here.
,        Many wonderful threads for you to go to and
find information.  There is fanfiction, there are toys and games. as well as poetry and  the -latest news as well.  We have trips, both planned and already completed that you may cruise and enjoy.  We have two radio stations, and a chat room which is always available, for your use.  We have scheduled chats, or there are folks usually there in the evenings most days .  So have a seat by the fire. Grab a cup of coffee a piece of cherry cake, and become acquainted with your neighbors.  post as many times and
as often as you like..you can also start your own subject matter, or your own blog as well.  So hope to see you around, a lot.
           We are planning to launch a new type of chat called the "Coffee and Cherry Cake Chat" and the first one will be on Sunday, February 17th, in three rounds.  You are most welcome to join
us.  It will be most informative to new members.  It will also give you a chance to meet some of
your neighbors.
                     And if you need assistance,  please pm one of our mods, they will be more than glad to assist you.
                                                                                              thank you            janice.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There is now a clickable linc for the members of the
Welcome Wagon to go to that gives you the names of all the
new members.  Just go to the welcome wagon forum on the
top of the board.  Find the message from Clarissa and click on it.
                                                   Janice

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Welcome Wagon Committee

Janice Dodd..................ifyoucantfixit
Sue..............................katie77
Chris.............................BBM-Cat
Mike.............................ULFlyer
Jack Stephens...............,JStephens9
Kerry.............................Kerry
Richard .........................Loneleeb3
Rouxb...........................Rouxb
Lynne...........................Lynne
Cameron816..................Cameron
Clarissa..........................Ellemeno
Phillip Dampier...............Phillip Dampier   

These are all the committee and former members that are interested in participating in future.
Some are active and some only partially so. According to time and disposal.

If any members wish to send notices to all new members.  That would be expecially great.
If you prefer to spend your efforts on one particular group.  That is entirely up to you.  I do
hope however the more notices we can send to the new people.  The more likely they may
be to feel a true member in a short time.
I will not say what you should say in your post.  I have made my own up and have until very
recent happenings have pushed me to need to do otherwise. 
I decided in order to keep up with the new and faster growth, i needed to make a single post,
and copy and paste it.  In order to get it to everyone.
Phillip says he will figure out a way to have us find new members that have had their names
fall into the normal list, before it may have been discovered.  THAT WILL BE EXTREEMLY HELPFUL.
I would like to have a meeting tues. evening 6:00 pm pst.  9:00 pm est.  As many members that
can attend, it would be helpful.  I will go over the limited amount of advice, i may give in order
to tell what we should do.  What i have been doing, and what more i hope to make part of
this job.     
I am asking Phillip and Clarissa (Elle) to attend as well.  As per their time and ability.

Thank You             janice  ifyoucantfixit.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2008, 06:00:31 pm by ifyoucantfixit »

Beautiful mind

Offline Artiste

Thanks ifyoucantfixit!

May I quote you:
Are you speaking of the homeless Artiste? 

Ifyoucantfixit, may I reply: Yes! Persons living on the sidewalks... sad. In too many countries; but that report was about the USA!!
There are more and more. I was living too that way... as had to do so to save my life.
That is an extemely hard life... I slept in my truck at least, but others have to do so on sidewalks.
I have seen this in New York City where I had to walk over bodies, one after another.
WE living to-day in our houses must be concerned may I say for many reasons, plus for humanity!
How can one help? I will mention what I did and other ideas if you like.

I must come back to it later to talk about that if you like as it makes me nervous to remember that/those times.
Be assured that I, you and others feel for them and us all too!! How can we help? May I ask?

Hugs!

Offline Artiste

Thanks ifyoucan'tfixit!

May I second you!

And if anyone reading, member or not, you may also reach me privately on here at Bettermost or on a thread where you can post me any subject... ANY QUESTION, ANY COMMENT!!

If you feel, as some non-member as well as members did in the past, prefer to email me directly to my Bettermost email, for any reason (that's up to you), please do not be afraid either in English, French (francais) and/or any other languages: Please mention firstly the language you wrote.  Tu peux me rejoindre en parland Moliere aussi??

You may also send me pics directly as you like, ones of you or other subjects. Hugs! I will do my best to help; and, maybe we can help each other mutually?? To laugh, to be sad, to ponder about life, to try to solve problems and enjoy every day: joie de vivre!! I am a gay man, and open to that issue and to all other issues. Hugs again! I feel and know that every humain and other beings... the Earth and Heaven are so special  FOREVER!! Any issues: hetero, lesbian, bi-, gay, others ones, plus any subjects!! 

Offline Artiste

I just re-seen your marvelous thread.

And re-reading it make me sad, as well as happy,
because I remember helping two gay soldiers in the USA
who had no place to stay, who ere living on the streets!

I had one stay at my residence for 6 months!
The other too but at a diffeent time.
The USA was refusing to give him, one,  a war/soldier pension.
I still do not know why!
Yoiu want to know about that?

Au revoir,
hugs!  I wonder now too about those military tactics in Iraq to-day ! Do you?

Offline RossInIllinois

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
Where the heck have you been Janice Dodd?  Kemberly and I have been wondering what happened to you. Don't make me come there and give you a spankin... you know how I love to give spankins.... ;D

Offline Brokeback_Dev

Where the heck have you been Janice Dodd? 

She's been around Ross.  You just have to look around for her

Offline ifyoucantfixit

http://community.livejournal.com/

fanfiction.netfa5693f3ba
« Last Edit: May 07, 2012, 05:46:20 am by ifyoucantfixit »

Beautiful mind