Author Topic: Very random questions that pop to mind when thinking of BBM:  (Read 42595 times)

Offline j.U.d.E.

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Very random questions that pop to mind when thinking of BBM:
« Reply #50 on: April 20, 2006, 04:46:43 am »
Just bumping for later..

~ j U d E
MLK - - - - - - - - - - - - HAL - - - - - - - - - - - - BHO
*15 jan 1929 - †04 apr 1968 | *04 apr 1979 - † 22 jan 2008 | *04 aug 1961 -

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #51 on: April 20, 2006, 09:38:28 am »
Would the driver of the white truck (or any of the 10 people Jack spoke to in Riverton!) think anything other than Ennis had a fishing buddy visiting?

No, they wouldn't think twice about it. And on that note, why is Ennis OK about checking into a motel room with Jack for a night of hot sex, but gets nervous about being seen casually chatting in the driveway?

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #52 on: April 20, 2006, 09:58:25 am »
When the boys parted after Brokeback, Jack drives off and Ennis follows on foot.   Why the hell didn't Jack offer Ennis a ride?   They were going the same direction!   :-\

That was very impolite of Jack, considering all the rides Ennis had given him that summer. ...  ;)
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #53 on: April 20, 2006, 10:14:44 am »
Why didn't Jack take his hat off when he met Alma?  Cowboys always take their hats off indoors...

Well, now this is interesting...  Jack does tip his hat to Alma.  But, I agree. I also thought that cowboys were supposed to take their hats off inside.  But, there are tons and tons of scenes where they wear their hats inside.  In the bar at the beginning, Jack in the bar with Jimbo and with Lureen, the guys who are sitting in Lureens office and look out the window to make fun of Jack's lack-luster rodeo skills,  and at the dance with LaShawn and Randall, etc.  So, even at nice, "respectable" events like the dance where Jack meets Randall, all the men seem to wear their hats inside.  I don't get it.

When you're drinking in a bar, the most convenient place for your hat is on your head. Trust me on this one.

It is a little surprising that they had their hats on at the charity dinner-dance, but I'm presuming there was no place to check them. It can be very difficult to keep a cowboy hat on your lap at the dinner table. Trust me on this one, too.

It was inexcusably rude of Jack not to take off his hat in the presence of Alma. He could have held it in front of his crotch. ...

Not to change the subject, but how did they transport all that camping gear away from the parking lot when they only had two riding horses?
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline twistedude

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "It's nobody's business but ours."
    • "every sort of organized noise"
« Reply #54 on: April 20, 2006, 11:45:08 am »
Melinda (pages back):

I think the whole point was that Jack had arrived, he thought, for all time, and that Ennis hadn't giving "for all time" a thought.  They already had arrangements to meet the following month...or did you mean, givien more leasure and the lack of the girlds, Ennis might have given Jack's  permanent presernce in his life more considferation? I don't think so...not till after Jack was dead...
« Last Edit: April 20, 2006, 11:48:38 am by julie01 »
"We're each of us alone, to be sure. What can you do but hold your hand out in the dark?" --"Nine Lives," by Ursula K. Le Guin, from The Wind's Twelve Quarters

Offline Pipedream

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #55 on: April 20, 2006, 07:01:43 pm »
Why did Lureen feel like powdering her nose before going to bed ?? Hunh? I don't usually do that.

???

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #56 on: April 20, 2006, 07:08:58 pm »
What does it feel like to be the mug that Ennis rubbed against his chest, while drinking that whiskey? Damn!  ::)

Why did Ennis dislike soup?
[Must go back to another traumatic incident with his 'shite-for-brains' dad! 
Well, the man is already so damned unlovable,  one more accusation wouldn't hurt.]

8)

Offline hermitdave

• Jr. Ranch Hand
  • changed forever by brokeback...
« Reply #57 on: April 20, 2006, 07:13:24 pm »
Maybe Alma's real reason for wanting to move into town was so she could use the laundromat downstairs rather than scrub clothes on a washboard all day.
"Whenever Im alone with you, you make me feel like I am whole again. Whenever Im alone with you, you make me feel like I am young again." - The Cure

Offline DeeDee

« Reply #58 on: April 20, 2006, 07:14:59 pm »
This question really bugged me from the first time.. How the hell are their clothes wrinkle free when they're washed, beaten with a stick and wrung out by the river?
« Last Edit: April 20, 2006, 07:19:02 pm by DeeDee »
In America sex is an obsession.  In other parts of the world it is a fact.

Marlene Dietrich

slayers_creek_oth

« Reply #59 on: April 20, 2006, 07:21:03 pm »
This question really bugged me from the first time.. How the hell are their clothes wrinkle free when they're washed, beaten with a stick and wrung out by the river?

ROFLMFAO!  Thats exactly what my mom said...