Author Topic: Very random questions that pop to mind when thinking of BBM:  (Read 42586 times)

Offline nakymaton

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • aka Mel
Re: Very random questions that pop to mind when thinking of BBM:
« Reply #70 on: April 20, 2006, 11:41:13 pm »
Did Jack and Ennis eat supper between the "I ain't queer" scene and the second tent scene? And if so, how did they manage to open the cans of beans without slicing up their hands, given how difficult it was for Jack to open a can when Ennis was just taking his boots off?

Did all that elk jerky attract any more bears?

Did Ennis and Jack really sleep in Jack's truck together on that first night? If so, how did two tall young men manage to sleep in the cab of a truck without ending up all sprawled out across one another?

And about the lighter... how did Ennis light the cigarette he's smoking as the train goes by at the beginning of the movie?
Watch out. That poster has a low startle point.

Offline Sashca1007

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #71 on: April 21, 2006, 12:40:31 am »
Oooo...  good, point nakymaton, about the cigarette that Ennis is already smoking!  My 'hoping to graze Jack's hand' theory is coming to fruition  ;D .  I suppose Ennis could have had some matches in his pocket, and figured using Jack's lighter would conserve the matches, just as he was conserving his cigarette and his one beer.  Well, shoot. 
"From the vibration of the floorboard on which they both stood Ennis could feel how hard Jack was shaking."

Offline twistedude

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "It's nobody's business but ours."
    • "every sort of organized noise"
« Reply #72 on: April 21, 2006, 01:01:11 am »
Sash: (I like the name!)--several have commented that Ennis's first truck was an EXACT replica of Jack's old one that he had in '63--except the driver's-side door was a little off-color. Kinda nice to think he bought it cause it was just like the one  Jack had that summer.

tHERE WAS ACTUALLY SOME SPECULATION THAT IT was THE SAME TRUCK...BUT i THINK jACK'S HAD DIED A NOISY DEATH before Ennis got his..

Are you mad at me about something? Just curious....CLICK TO ENLARGE
« Last Edit: April 21, 2006, 01:06:14 am by julie01 »
"We're each of us alone, to be sure. What can you do but hold your hand out in the dark?" --"Nine Lives," by Ursula K. Le Guin, from The Wind's Twelve Quarters

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #73 on: April 21, 2006, 01:03:59 am »
More ?s:

- Did Ennis ever 'check out' other guys?  On the street? In the pub?  In the ranches where he worked?  I am sure he might have seen other men that 'tickled his fancy', even though he was not interested in pursuing any of them.

- Was Randall really 'not mechanical' as LaShawn claims?  I think that since he was a rancher, he'd know a thing or two about machinery.  But then again, she was probably too busy talking him into a slow, excruciating death to notice whether he was mechanically-inclined or not.

:-\

Offline Sashca1007

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #74 on: April 21, 2006, 01:27:53 am »
How would LaShawn know that the husbands didn't have a 'smidgen of rhythm between 'em'?  She may have been right about 'Ole Randall here', but we all know Jack has rhythm to spare.  She hadn't seen him dance......  what's with the wisecracks, Missy?!   This lively little gal got to find out for herself.  Lucky LaShawn dancing with Jack?  YES.  Lucky Anna Faris dancing with Jake?  O-H-H-H, yes!   ;)
"From the vibration of the floorboard on which they both stood Ennis could feel how hard Jack was shaking."

Offline twistedude

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "It's nobody's business but ours."
    • "every sort of organized noise"
« Reply #75 on: April 21, 2006, 01:30:47 am »
Guess Ennis was too busy worrying that other people were checking HIM out...there's no indication, anywhere, that Ennis ever gave a thought to another guy. Kinda weird..not one thought...

I thought Jack danced pretty well...and how would Leshawn know anyway, before she danced with him? (unless they'd gone out together before, which they apparently hadn't--it was all because of Randall's pickup breaking down that the two couples were together to begin with). Compare Jack's dancing to Ennis's...
« Last Edit: April 21, 2006, 01:40:52 am by julie01 »
"We're each of us alone, to be sure. What can you do but hold your hand out in the dark?" --"Nine Lives," by Ursula K. Le Guin, from The Wind's Twelve Quarters

Offline Pipedream

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #76 on: April 21, 2006, 01:57:10 am »
Concerning the lighter question - maybe there'll be a deleted scene on the dvd special edition everybody seems to be expecting:

Jack: Damm it, I can't believe I forgot my fuckin' lighter up on that mountain!
Ennis: Hmmm...

;)
« Last Edit: April 21, 2006, 02:09:34 am by pipedream »

Offline Sashca1007

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #77 on: April 21, 2006, 02:30:48 am »
Topic Summary
Posted on: Today at 12:57:10 amPosted by: pipedream 
Insert Quote
Concerning the lighter question - maybe there'll be a deleted scene on the dvd special edition everybody seems to be expecting:

Jack: Damm it, I can't believe I forgot my fuckin' lighter up on that mountain!
Ennis: Hmmm

I love it!!!!   ;D

Offline mlewisusc

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #78 on: April 21, 2006, 03:22:01 am »
Not to change the subject, but how did they transport all that camping gear away from the parking lot when they only had two riding horses?

J, I definitely wondered this one after watching the DVD a few days ago.  In the second-to-last camping scene, they are by a river, and because the tent is set up, and because of what they must have been doing in the tent, I have to believe it would be a camp set "way the hell out in the back of nowhere" - so how the hell did they get that giant red Coleman cooler up there?  Balanced on the horse's head!?
"Good enough place" - Ennis del Mar

Offline mlewisusc

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #79 on: April 21, 2006, 03:59:21 am »
Would Ennis have made Monroe (nee Bill) eat the f'in floor if he had come at Alma's call?
"Good enough place" - Ennis del Mar