Author Topic: Very random questions that pop to mind when thinking of BBM:  (Read 42570 times)

moremojo

Re: Very random questions that pop to mind when thinking of BBM:
« Reply #90 on: April 21, 2006, 10:18:13 am »

- Did Ennis ever 'check out' other guys?  On the street? In the pub?  In the ranches where he worked?  I am sure he might have seen other men that 'tickled his fancy', even though he was not interested in pursuing any of them.

I hope Ennis found men other than Jack attractive, as strange as that might sound. That kind of thought gives me hope for him at the end, imagining that he could be receptive to becoming intimate with another guy down the road, even if the level of emotion does not approach what he shared with Jack. Besides, it would mean I might have a chance with him myself! (I do love Jack, no sacrilege intended--it's just that it breaks my heart to imagine Ennis growing old alone).

moremojo

« Reply #91 on: April 21, 2006, 11:18:05 am »
Not so much a question, this one, as an observation (or hypothesis?): Jack's theft of Ennis's shirt might have constituted a not insignificant material loss to our man from Sage, considering his near-poverty at this point in the story, and throughout the film. I wonder how sensitive Jack was to this element, and if his conscience bothered him at any time regarding this act. I have fantasies of Jack presenting Ennis with the gift of a new shirt at some point in their later rendezvous, telling him something like, "Just a little something from me to you, bud...never forgot how you lost that shirt up on Brokeback."

On the other hand, considering Ennis's stubborn pride, he might not have countenanced such a gesture with good grace, and Jack might have known this. Of course, Ennisdid ultimately get the shirt back, but under the saddest of circumstances... :'(

Offline RingerFanatic

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #92 on: April 21, 2006, 11:40:10 am »
Deedee - is your avatar picture of Heath & Jake real? Or did you make it? It's too small for me to really check out. lol. I love it, but if it's real...then I REALLY love it! :)

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #93 on: April 21, 2006, 12:08:23 pm »
Okay, that explains Ennis but not Alma. Her excitement is still a mystery. Or could she have been faking it to get what she wanted?

If I were on a bed with Ennis wearing those cute low-cut PJs I would not have to fake it.

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #94 on: April 21, 2006, 01:40:15 pm »
Since when did "fishin'" or "fishin' trip" become a euphemism for having gay sex? First Ennis, then Randall. What's up with that?

Hmmm...maybe because fishing involves handling and working with long rods for a good period of time?  :-\  ;D
I kid, good folks ...I kid.. ;D

Offline DeeDee

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #95 on: April 21, 2006, 03:51:19 pm »
Concerning the lighter question - maybe there'll be a deleted scene on the dvd special edition everybody seems to be expecting:

Jack: Damm it, I can't believe I forgot my fuckin' lighter up on that mountain!
Ennis: Hmmm...

;)

ROTF :laugh:
In America sex is an obsession.  In other parts of the world it is a fact.

Marlene Dietrich

Offline DeeDee

« Reply #96 on: April 21, 2006, 03:53:15 pm »
Deedee - is your avatar picture of Heath & Jake real? Or did you make it? It's too small for me to really check out. lol. I love it, but if it's real...then I REALLY love it! :)

No, it's real...sigh.
In America sex is an obsession.  In other parts of the world it is a fact.

Marlene Dietrich

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #97 on: April 21, 2006, 04:35:09 pm »

No, it's real...sigh.

Umm...Dee..I always thought that the pic was a result of a great Photoshop job.
So it is real, you say? Hmmm.... ;D

Offline mlewisusc

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #98 on: April 22, 2006, 12:52:01 am »
Most gay men I know are made uncomfortable by the thought of fish. ...

J, even during Lent? (grins).
"Good enough place" - Ennis del Mar

Offline Pipedream

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #99 on: April 22, 2006, 06:33:29 am »
Next question:

The supply guy told Ennis that he couldn't deliver any potatoes, right? So I really ask myself: what the hell was Jack peeling there while Ennis stripped naked in the corner of his eye.... Hunh?

???