Author Topic: Very random questions that pop to mind when thinking of BBM:  (Read 42591 times)

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: Very random questions that pop to mind when thinking of BBM:
« Reply #100 on: April 22, 2006, 07:16:53 am »
I am guessing that they asked for Potatoes, aka: Spuds every week.   no doubt Jack was peeling one of them.   Hell, If I were Jack, I'd be peeling a piece of driftwood into a potatoe just to watch Ennis strip naked!   LOL.

:laugh:

Offline Pipedream

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #101 on: April 22, 2006, 07:44:30 am »
Hell, If I were Jack, I'd be peeling a piece of driftwood into a potatoe just to watch Ennis strip naked!   LOL.

:laugh:

Lol.

Of course, it's also possible that Jack was so excited about Ennis stripping naked, that he totally forgot about the fact that there weren't any potatoes at all...

:P

Offline delalluvia

• "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #102 on: April 22, 2006, 11:00:20 am »
Next question:

The supply guy told Ennis that he couldn't deliver any potatoes, right? So I really ask myself: what the hell was Jack peeling there while Ennis stripped naked in the corner of his eye.... Hunh?

???

Basque:  Somethin' wrong?
Ennis:  Yessir, why didn't we get the powdered milk n' the spuds?
Basque:  That's all we got.

He didn't say they couldn't get them, what he says is what some people say when filling an order EXACTLY is not their goal.  They delivered the majority of what you wanted, what are you bitchin' about?

They might have been running low on potatoes but were not quite 'out' yet.

Offline Pipedream

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #103 on: April 22, 2006, 11:17:14 am »
Next question:

The supply guy told Ennis that he couldn't deliver any potatoes, right? So I really ask myself: what the hell was Jack peeling there while Ennis stripped naked in the corner of his eye.... Hunh?

???

He didn't say they couldn't get them, what he says is what some people say when filling an order EXACTLY is not their goal.  They delivered the majority of what you wanted, what are you bitchin' about?

Of course, you are right Delalluvia, as usual.
In them earlier days when my brain cells were still working properly, I might have thought about this, too. Alas...

::)

Offline delalluvia

« Reply #104 on: April 22, 2006, 02:18:49 pm »
Next question:

???

Of course, you are right Delalluvia, as usual.
In them earlier days when my brain cells were still working properly, I might have thought about this, too. Alas...

::)

Hiya Pipe,

No biggie, it's just that this scene sticks in my mind because it bugs me when orders aren't filled like I wanted.

I wouldn't have asked for something if I didn't want it/think it important.  And for someone else to fluff off my order or treat them haphazardly is really annoying to me.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #105 on: April 22, 2006, 03:10:27 pm »
How could they not have potatoes? Wyoming is right next to Idaho, home of  "famous potatoes"!!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Pipedream

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #106 on: April 25, 2006, 11:27:58 pm »
Next random question:

Where does Alma go clothes shopping?? Does she at all?

???

Offline nakymaton

• aka Mel
« Reply #107 on: April 25, 2006, 11:36:04 pm »
The wedding dress supposedly came from JC Penny's, according to the Story-to-Screenplay book.

She probably bought clothes out of a catalog. And I bet she made the girls' clothes herself. (She knits, notice.)
Watch out. That poster has a low startle point.

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #108 on: April 28, 2006, 06:28:06 pm »
I went rummaging and found this lil gem of a file again!  ;)

One or 2 "?"s:

Annie P. says in the novella that Ennis never wore underwear..  8).  Was movie-Ennis also this "unrestricted'?  ::)  I would think that underwear would be welcome protection for one's 'equipment' when riding horses few hours a day... :)

What did the boys dry themselves with after they bathed?  Might sound like a dumb question (ok it is.. ;D), but when they came down from the mountain, Ennis just had this little canvas bag with him.  Could it have held his jeans, extra shirt, towel, and other little things? 
The way I work it out is that Jack took Ennis' shirt AND towel ...  ;D

Offline delalluvia

« Reply #109 on: April 28, 2006, 11:30:35 pm »
I went rummaging and found this lil gem of a file again!  ;)

One or 2 "?"s:

Annie P. says in the novella that Ennis never wore underwear..  8).  Was movie-Ennis also this "unrestricted'?  ::)  I would think that underwear would be welcome protection for one's 'equipment' when riding horses few hours a day... :)

What did the boys dry themselves with after they bathed?  Might sound like a dumb question (ok it is.. ;D), but when they came down from the mountain, Ennis just had this little canvas bag with him.  Could it have held his jeans, extra shirt, towel, and other little things? 
The way I work it out is that Jack took Ennis' shirt AND towel ...  ;D

Well, you saw how Ennis washed himself (tongue hanging out).  That's it for bathing - pits and parts.  Maybe feet, but those are easier to clean.  There's not much skin to 'dry'.