Author Topic: BBM Radio Two To Begin Testing Soon  (Read 4310 times)

Offline Phillip Dampier

• Mayor - BetterMost, Wyoming
  • Town Administration
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
    • BetterMost
BBM Radio Two To Begin Testing Soon
« on: March 15, 2007, 11:18:19 pm »
I am pleased to announce we'll begin testing Brokeback Mountain Radio Two shortly.  Radio Two will be our second station programmed to compliment our existing Brokeback Mountain Radio station (which will be renamed Brokeback Mountain Radio One after Radio Two launches).

Radio One will continue playing music programming just as it has done for more than a year with music from and inspired by Brokeback Mountain.

Radio Two will be programmed with more long-form programming, including special event programming, interviews, news, weather, features, talk, story readings, and musical specials.  Radio Two has the capacity to run specials commercial-free.  It is my hope that residents who'd like to create radio programs, podcasts, or recorded discussions will find a place to air them to our community on Radio Two.  We'll be able to bring you a program schedule calendar that will let you know what is planned when.

You'll soon find new logos for our stations, which you can click to launch the streams, on the right hand side of your screen.  Stay tuned.
You're a part of our family - BetterMost, Wyoming

RodneyFL

Re: BBM Radio Two To Begin Testing Soon
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2007, 03:55:03 pm »
Dear Phillip:

Just wanted to let you know that this "community resident" will be eagerly looking forward to the addition of the new BBM Radio 2.  I hope to be able to provide some additional programming for you.  Eric has told me that the webcasts of my short story reading were well received, and I'm so grateful for the opportunity to have participated in your programming in this way.  My friend in Boston who just recently upgraded to VIP with BBM Radio thinks that you guys are doing nothing less than spectacular programming for his listening.  I have to concur -- normally I listen to classical music (Sirius) -- but now it's BBM Radio when I'm online!  Wouldn't think of tuning into anything else now.

All best,
Rodney

Offline SFEnnisSF

• BBM Radio Program Director
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2007, 04:50:44 pm »
I'm glad to hear you're enjoying the station Rodney!  :D

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2007, 05:38:10 pm »
Radio Two sounds exciting!!

"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Phillip Dampier

• Mayor - BetterMost, Wyoming
  • Town Administration
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
    • BetterMost
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2007, 12:08:15 am »
Dear Phillip:

Just wanted to let you know that this "community resident" will be eagerly looking forward to the addition of the new BBM Radio 2.  I hope to be able to provide some additional programming for you.  Eric has told me that the webcasts of my short story reading were well received, and I'm so grateful for the opportunity to have participated in your programming in this way.  My friend in Boston who just recently upgraded to VIP with BBM Radio thinks that you guys are doing nothing less than spectacular programming for his listening.  I have to concur -- normally I listen to classical music (Sirius) -- but now it's BBM Radio when I'm online!  Wouldn't think of tuning into anything else now.

Many thanks for whatever you want to contribute our way in programming.  One major point of having a second outlet is to let our community members build and air their own programs which we can then broadcast to the community.  We'll start with a lot of syndicated stuff that has little to do with us per se, but as more material becomes available, we can begin to replace the "network" shows with more local programming.  I agree that having the musical programming is important as well, because I don't think you can find anything more unique than the blend of contemplative background instrumentals mixed with folk, country, and independent artists that, if you listen to the lyrics, send a real message out to the community about the film, its impact, and the slice of life that the mountain west has to offer that I think most people in this country have overlooked outside of some bigger cities like Denver and Salt Lake.  I suspect the most many Americans know about Wyoming is that Dick Cheney was from there.  :)

And the other benefit will be... no/limited commercials that we can designate without worrying about what Live 365 is going to do.
You're a part of our family - BetterMost, Wyoming