Author Topic: I Love My Jeans!  (Read 33434 times)

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
I Love My Jeans!
« on: March 19, 2007, 12:48:32 am »
I keep trying to post this on The Denim Thread but it's full of pneumatic guys!

I just love my jeans so much. My FRiend gave me my jeans because they didn't fit him...and I put them on and they fit me like a glove! I love wearing my jeans and one of the hardest things to do was to wash them. But, when I was pursuing a photo opp beside the Wind River, I fell down and got them all sandy and muddy, and I had to wash them. Sigh of relief! They are fine. They still fit me. Somehow, when I am wearing my jeans, I feel like I can do anything...ANYTHING! When I can't wear them (like when I am working LOL) I throw them in the back of my car so I can always have them with me, and put them on whenever I can.

"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
Re: I Love My Jeans!
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2007, 01:00:01 am »
Ummm. Lee? Are you okay tonight?  ;)  :D

I'm not exactly sure what I'm supposed to say in this thread!

Congratulations? Congratulations your jeans are fine?

Clue me in Lee!  :D
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2007, 07:40:42 am »
You are supposed to tell me about your jeans, David, or any other article of clothing that you love!

Scott6373

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2007, 08:02:32 am »
I really do love my Wranglers, but I have to say...I love my brown cowboy boots best.  They're beat up, old, but when I put them on I feel just like Cinderella...albeit gong to some whacky gay rodeo themed ball, but... :)

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2007, 04:32:37 pm »
I am looking for a pair of cowboy boots like that, Scott! There is something about a man wearing cowboy boots...I was thinking that this weekend while I was listening to Traffic's Low Spark of High Heeled Boys.

mvansand76

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2007, 05:38:12 pm »
Ummm. Lee? Are you okay tonight?  ;)  :D

I'm not exactly sure what I'm supposed to say in this thread!

Congratulations? Congratulations your jeans are fine?

Clue me in Lee!  :D

Great idea for a thread!

Talking about Lee, I loooooove Lee jeans, especially the special edition Leola jeans that I have, it's the nicest pair of jeans I have ever owned!

Talking about Lee, I looooove Lee jeans!

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2007, 07:19:33 pm »
I'm not that crazy about my jeans at the moment, because I gained some weight and can't fit into my "skinny jeans" and had to get some temporary jeans a size bigger to tide me over until I can fit back into my regular ones again.

However, I love my jean jacket. I've got two, actually. One of them I wore on my wedding day, right over my wedding dress (not in the actual ceremony  :laugh: but to and from the ceremony and reception). But that one is 20 years old and not looking the greatest anymore.

The other I ordered from the Sundance catalog. It's the only thing I've ever ordered from there. But I'd seen it in the catalog for quite some time, always liked the looks of it, and finally, after seeing Brokeback, said to myself, what the hell, I'm going to get it as a tribute to Brokeback and because I deserve it! And I really, really like it. It's a little on the fitted side, but it fits perfectly.

Or at least it did, last time I had it on ...  :-\

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2007, 10:46:22 pm »
Great idea for a thread!

Talking about Lee, I loooooove Lee jeans, especially the special edition Leola jeans that I have, it's the nicest pair of jeans I have ever owned!

Talking about Lee, I looooove Lee jeans!
I looove being worn by you, Snuitje!! And don't you worry, katherine, you will be wearing your jeans off, and stand them jeans again tout suite! If I can do it, so can you!

My jeans are Wranglers, natch. And one of the many things I love about them is how they maintain my shape even after I take them off. In fact--have you ever tried this? You take your jeans off and stand them up, and they remain standing there for a little bit!!
« Last Edit: March 20, 2007, 05:28:34 am by Front-Ranger »

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2007, 11:47:31 am »
I really do love my Wranglers, but I have to say...I love my brown cowboy boots best.  They're beat up, old, but when I put them on I feel just like Cinderella...albeit gong to some whacky gay rodeo themed ball, but... :)

It's all your fault Scott! Yesterday, on the way home from work I bought not one but two pairs of cowboy boots!! I couldn't stand it so I fixed it--I fixed it good!

Scott6373

« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2007, 11:58:33 am »
It's all your fault Scott! Yesterday, on the way home from work I bought not one but two pairs of cowboy boots!! I couldn't stand it so I fixed it--I fixed it good!

LOL...Good girl...now just don't blame me when the credit card bill comes in

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2007, 12:24:40 pm »
As some may already know, I am a shoe-fanatic, but I think of all my shoes, my cowboy boots make me happiest!
Sometimes I clean and polish them and put them in a line .. just to admire them .. LOL.. ;D

My cowboy boots addiction was pre-BBM, but it got slightly worse after ..  8)
I have an old pair of black ones which I've owned for a long time now - they are worn and gettin real beat down but they are so comfortable and so great with a pair of jeans. 

I love my boots .. maybe I'll post a pic or 2 later ..  :P

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2007, 11:50:07 pm »
I have an old pair of black ones which I've owned for a long time now - they are worn and gettin real beat down but they are so comfortable and so great with a pair of jeans. 

I love my boots .. maybe I'll post a pic or 2 later ..  :P
Cool, Milli! I would love to see them...especially ON YOU! Are the black ones a pair of worn packer boots I might recognize?

I got a pair of black ones yesterday too...and I'm planning to wear them at the hoe-down in Colorado in May.

The other pair I acquired are brown, made in Brazil, and are called "Wild Pair." They have wonderful tooling!

I love that they're a traditional height, mid-calf, and they have those wonderful loops to pull them off with!! And they're nice and pointy-toed, natch.

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2007, 03:39:09 pm »
I am looking for a pair of cowboy boots like that, Scott! There is something about a man wearing cowboy boots...I was thinking that this weekend while I was listening to Traffic's Low Spark of High Heeled Boys.

I love, love, love that song, Lee.  Though it hardly feels like a song, and more like a complete experience.  I haven't heard it in ages.  Will do soon.

I love my Ennis sweater.  Ennis himself would not have worn it, though it's brown.  It's a lightweight cotton pullover, ribbed, with a V neck, but for me, it's comfort and connectedness.

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2007, 03:50:44 pm »
Cool, Milli! I would love to see them...especially ON YOU! Are the black ones a pair of worn packer boots I might recognize?

I got a pair of black ones yesterday too...and I'm planning to wear them at the hoe-down in Colorado in May.

The other pair I acquired are brown, made in Brazil, and are called "Wild Pair." They have wonderful tooling!

I love that they're a traditional height, mid-calf, and they have those wonderful loops to pull them off with!! And they're nice and pointy-toed, natch.

Sounds wickedly amazing Lee! 
Now, what I need to add to the collection is a funky pair complete with spurs an' metal toe tip in brown or black leather   ..  8)
Cowboy boots really get me going..LOL..

Don't forget to take a picture with them boots on, Lee!   ;)

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2007, 04:38:58 pm »
Will do, Milli! I just had lunch with LoveEmBoys and LauraGigs and they said my new boots are called gaucho boots. Reminds me of my days as a Chilean sheepherder on the PT!!

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2007, 12:50:52 pm »
My son only managed to get one of my boots into this photo. But I think you can get a pretty good idea. Also, I need to tell you that the jeans I am wearing in this photo are not the ones I gushed about in the title post. I love these jeans too and they make me look less fat than those other jeans, but the other jeans are still first in my heart!! I promise that I will post a picture of me in my favorite jeans next!!

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2007, 02:49:30 pm »
As promised, here is a photo of me in the jeans of my title post. Jeans, I am dreadfully sorry for two-timing you with my other jeans! It's just that I have had my Claudio Agnelli jeans for a long time, they are very soft and nicely faded, they make me look thinner than you do, and well, they're Italian, what can I say. But you will always be first in my heart and it won't be long before you're all soft and faded too!!

In this photo I am standing next to the Wind River which flows north-south through Central Wyoming. It is near here that I fell down in the mud and sand and so had to wash my precious jeans for the first time!
« Last Edit: April 05, 2007, 02:59:49 pm by Front-Ranger »

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2007, 03:53:57 pm »

Beautiful pics Lee!!
Amazing scenery in the second pic!  :D

Loving the boots!  8)

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2007, 10:36:19 pm »
Thank you, Milli! Okay, moving right along. Y'all just jump in here, you devil clotheshounds, you!! In the previous pic, I am wearing yet another article of clothing which I love to pieces!! Can you guess what it is? Okay, I won't make you guess or keep you waiting. It is my jacket. It is a suede jacket in Ennis's color of ... beige. Actually, it is not quite accurate to say that it is suede. It is a rather heavy jacket, and so I would call it buckskin...with the suede side out. I have worn it so much that it needs cleaning pretty bad...but it fits in quite well in Wyoming, where everything is well worn.

I have a picture of this jacket more close up which I will post for you very shortly!! But in the meantime, tell me about the jeans and other clothing that you love!

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2007, 10:56:27 pm »
Here is a picture of me wearing my favorite jacket while with EDelMar in Bay City, Michigan, at the Oscar Night Viewing (actually this was taken when we went to dinner after the planetarium show).

My thanks to RodneyFL for taking this picture!
« Last Edit: March 22, 2007, 11:58:38 pm by Front-Ranger »

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2007, 10:59:24 pm »
Beautiful pics Lee!!
Amazing scenery in the second pic!  :D

Loving the boots!  8)

Oh, and Milli, or anybody, would you like to guess what I paid for those boots  ???

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2007, 10:37:18 am »
After that last picture, you might be thinking, oh no, now we're gonna have to read about Lee's hat! Well, I have already talked about my hat on a poll called How Many Cowboy Hats Do You Have? So, if you want to read about hats, go there! I would really love to see your beloved jeans, jackets, boots, sweaters, etc.

Kathryn, I 'member your cuddly brown sweater when you visited last time! You had the right combination: Ennis brown sweater and Jack blue jeans!

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2007, 03:05:29 pm »
Okay, I have waited patiently for almost two effen weeks for somebody to hazard a guess as to what I paid for my boots, so now I can't wait any longer! I paid $10 for these boots from Brazil. The brand name is Wild Pair. A fitting name, don't you think? Course they are not really new, just new to me. I love prowling through thrift shops. 

Well, I have several more items in my closet which I just love, and if you'all don't start jumping in here and telling me about your jeans, etc., I am just gonna turn this into FRont-Ranger's fashion show!!

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2007, 05:26:26 pm »
Hey, all you Brokies out there! I'm here to tell you that I've been getting PMs from your jeans right and left complainin and whining about all this commutin that they do day and night, four hours a day, all for you, and do they get one little moment of glory for it? No. While all the cowboy hats are gettin so much attention they feel they could paw the white out of the moon! Think, everybody, where you would be without your jeans, how humdrum life would be, and how much better life is when you can pull on your jeans, feel their reassuring snugness, enjoy the way they hug your butt, hold your favored rodeo belt so securely, and the copper rivets' glow in the heat of the campfire. Here is your golden opportunity to return the favor and let YOUR jeans enjoy their well earned 15 minutes of fame. Go for it!!

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2007, 02:28:18 pm »
At least one Brokie can hear ya, FRiend  :)

I do have a story of my favorite jeans, but not a happy one  :-\:

I miss my favorite jeans  :o.
The last time I wore them was at the London Brokie get-together last September. They are only 7/8 length, so I put them away for the winter afterwards. Now the spring is finally here and I am looking for my fav jeans for more than a week now  ???.
I looked in my wardrobe (two times!), in the wardrobe that stands in the hall and even in my husband's wardrobe.
No luck yet. But today, I found a pair of jeans that I had totally forgotten. Also 7/8 length and therefore in the farest corner of the wardrobe. But they are a bit tight, I have to squeeze into them - so no way they will ever earn the title of fav jeans  ;D.

Still hoping for a happy end.....

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2007, 04:10:55 pm »
hee, hee Chrissi, what a funny story!! Now don't beat yrself up or your jeans either. It has been a long winter for us all, but it won't be long before you and your favorite jeans are back together again! One day soon, you'll be pulling on those jeans and the zipper will just slide up smooth as silk. Trust me!! Now git out there and climb up and down Brokenback Mountain!!

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2007, 07:12:51 am »
One day soon, you'll be pulling on those jeans and the zipper will just slide up smooth as silk.

I doubt I'll live to see that day  :laugh:

But thankfully I own more than two pair of jeans, so I'm fine  :).

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2007, 09:46:47 pm »
Never say never, Chrissi! So, here's a fashion question. Today I was wearing my beloved jeans, and a denim shirt. Somebody who will not be named here made fun of me for wearing blue denim both top and bottom. We know Jack pulled it off but...is it possible for mere mortals to wear a denim shirt with jeans? Your verdict, please!!

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2007, 04:17:06 am »
...is it possible for mere mortals to wear a denim shirt with jeans?

You bet!

What else would you wear with a denim shirt than jeans?

My husband owns a denim shirt (he used to have many of them, but somehow they're out of vogue and only one is left), and silently for myself I call it his Jack-shirt  :laugh:. And although he doesn't look anything like Jack, he looks great in this shirt and jeans.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2007, 03:48:25 pm »
Thanks for the vote of confidence, Chrissi! You're right, a denim shirt would look pretty weird with khakis or cords!! I do have a pair of white jeans though that it might look good with. But the spring is not sufficiently advanced to pull them out of mothballs.

Yesterday I told my family you were coming to visit and they were very excited!!

Okay, everybody, I want to hear more about your favorite jeans and/or other favorite articles of clothing. And see some pictures too. If you don't post, I give you fair warning, I am gonna start talking about how much I love my underwear next!!

And I ain't jokin!!

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2007, 09:51:02 am »
Yay, I'm wearing my white jeans today!! The only problem is, they are too tight in the legs for me to tuck the tops of my cowboy boots in. So my beautiful boots are hanging out. Fashion faux-pas?? Your thoughts please!! But I have little alternative since I am travelling away from home and don't have any other jeans to change into!

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #31 on: April 28, 2007, 01:00:09 am »
Time to get out your jeans and put them on, everybody!! Let's here some words of love for your jeans!! And, if you don't have jeans that you like, then write about Jack's or Ennis's jeans!!

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #32 on: May 03, 2007, 01:57:59 am »
Hiya Lee!

Remember when i told you about my boot obsession .. I promised to post a pic but forgot..
I finally have 2 pics of some of my babies ...  ;)

Here they are ..

Is there anything sexier than a cowboy boot?  Damn!  ;) 8)

Later,
~M

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #33 on: May 03, 2007, 07:21:55 am »
Hiya Lee!

Remember when i told you about my boot obsession .. I promised to post a pic but forgot..
I finally have 2 pics of some of my babies ...  ;)

Here they are ..

Holy cow! You are obsessed  :laugh:.
Ok, I take the black ones  ;D

No news from the jeans front, yet  :(. But I found another pair of trousers, again a 7/8 pair  ::). Maybe I'm obsessed with 7/8 trousers  :-\ ? - But I sure am a lousy housewife  ::)   ;)

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #34 on: May 03, 2007, 09:01:16 am »
...is it possible for mere mortals to wear a denim shirt with jeans? Your verdict, please!!

I think the key here is:  different washes, top and bottom.  Light with dark, dark with light, or blue with black.   Don't want to appear too "matchy".

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #35 on: May 03, 2007, 10:54:13 am »
Wow, Milli, those are beautiful boots! If I were you, I'd spend my whole weekend trying them on and kicking up my heels with them! I think some of those would look really nice with a flouncy skirt, don't you think? Of course, with jeans too, but then some of their best attributed would be hidden (that was the case with Jack too, but it didn't diminish the appeal any!)

It's time to follow Lucise's lead and let us see your most beloved items of cowboy or cowgirl apparel!!

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #36 on: May 03, 2007, 11:38:46 am »
I bought me some new jeans and pinstrips short sleve shirts last night and this morning all the ladies in the office complimented me on my hair cut!
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #37 on: May 03, 2007, 12:05:47 pm »
Wow, Milli, those are beautiful boots! If I were you, I'd spend my whole weekend trying them on and kicking up my heels with them! I think some of those would look really nice with a flouncy skirt, don't you think? Of course, with jeans too, but then some of their best attributed would be hidden (that was the case with Jack too, but it didn't diminish the appeal any!)

I thought I might be overdoing it if I posted pics of *all* my boots..lol..
And you are right, they do look great with a knee-length or longer flouncy skirt..
And here's the thing - Every boot sets me in a different mood whenever I wear it .. 8)

Holy cow! You are obsessed  :laugh:.
Ok, I take the black ones  ;D

Sure, but you have to bring them back later!  ;D

Like Lee said, let's see some of your apparel!!  ;)

~M

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #38 on: May 03, 2007, 12:26:52 pm »
I think the key here is:  different washes, top and bottom.  Light with dark, dark with light, or blue with black.   Don't want to appear too "matchy".

And sauteed elk should be served well salted...

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #39 on: May 03, 2007, 12:43:23 pm »
And sauteed elk should be served well salted...

L
I reccanize this!! It's from Cowboy Etiquette!! - Ennis's salt shaker

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #40 on: May 08, 2007, 10:30:33 am »
Milli, can you wear your boots all around town where you are? I am lucky that I live in a place (Denver) where I can wear my boots and cowboy hat all the time. Though sometimes I do go a bit overboard...when I am wearing my snap-front Western shirt and bolo tie in the spring, sometimes people in the office say, "Uh, Lee, rodeo season (the big rodeo here is in January) is over."

You're in the Rocky Mountains too, correct? I had the impression that one could wear cowboy boots in Calgary and other parts of Alberta. I passed thru there recently on my way to Saskatoon, wearing my boots (they're easy to get on and off at security). But when I got to Saskatoon, people stared at me somethun fierce! And it was different than I thought it would be. Sort of like a little bit of London plopped down on the prairie.

Say I can wear my cowboy boots when I come there in July!!

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #41 on: May 08, 2007, 02:01:13 pm »
There's only one thing better than jeans that fit. Jeans that fit and were a gift from a FRiend! That's right, my favorite jeans were a gift from my Brokie FRiend EDelMar and that's why they're my favorite jeans!!

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #42 on: May 13, 2007, 08:50:10 am »
I'm thinking about getting a pair of cropped jeans. I've never had any before...what kind of boots do you wear with them? Hehe I suppose you wear sandals or sneakers. Where can you get them? Are they too silly to even consider??

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #43 on: May 13, 2007, 08:47:25 pm »
Where can you get them? Are they too silly to even consider??

Well, slap my ass and call me silly! (You have heard that expression, right?  ;D) Anyway, I have two pairs of cropped jeans. You can get them all kinds of places. I'll model them at the BBQ. Course, that may just reinforce your view that they are too silly to consider!  :laugh:

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #44 on: May 13, 2007, 09:07:34 pm »
I'm looking forward so much to seeing you in your cropped jeans! I assure you I won't find it in the least bit silly! (Altho if I were to wear them, I just don't think it would work) Does this mean I get to savor some crayon legs? Can't wait!!

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #45 on: May 21, 2007, 12:04:44 am »
Here I am in my beloved jeans AND my boots! As well as my beloved Prius in which I can go anywhere and do anything! Yee-haw!!

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #46 on: May 22, 2007, 07:02:51 am »
Guess what I found yesterday evening! Exactly, my favorite jeans  :D. And I didn't even look for them (don't it always seem to go like that; you find things when you're not looking for them  ::)).
Now I can start packing for the BBQ.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #47 on: May 22, 2007, 11:55:41 pm »
Today, I decided I needed to buy at least one extra pair of jeans to take to Colorado because 1) it's going to be frickin cold, 2) most of the pants I've been wearing lately are cropped or shorts and 3) I'm not quite skinny enough to fit into my skinny jeans and 4) some of my, ahem, roomier jeans are so long I have to wear them with heels, which I'm not bringing.

So I went to four stores. Struck out at each.

It's hard out there for a jeans wearer!  :-\

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #48 on: May 23, 2007, 02:31:04 am »
Today, I decided I needed to buy at least one extra pair of jeans to take to Colorado because 1) it's going to be frickin cold, 2) most of the pants I've been wearing lately are cropped or shorts and 3) I'm not quite skinny enough to fit into my skinny jeans and 4) some of my, ahem, roomier jeans are so long I have to wear them with heels, which I'm not bringing.

So I went to four stores. Struck out at each.

It's hard out there for a jeans wearer!  :-\

I hope you'll find another jeans before the BBQ.
Yesterday evening I decided to better bring a second pair of long jeans, because my favorite ones are 7/8 length (I think that's what you call cropped), just like the third pair of pants I want to bring. Now I think it's better to bring a fourth pair of pants, so I'll have at least two regular long ones.

.... I love it to have a suitcase of my own  :laugh:!

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #49 on: May 23, 2007, 12:43:01 pm »
I decided I'd better bring one of my pairs of jeans that is too long to wear without heels. I'm not bringing shoes with heels. So a friend suggested going to a fabric store, getting some hem tape, and taping them up. No time for that!!

So I used duct tape.  ;D

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #50 on: May 23, 2007, 01:19:40 pm »
How about chewin gum and balin wire!!  ::)

My jeans are too long to wear without heels too...so I wear em with my high heeled cowboy boots!!

See you soon Katherine...like tonite at Rodney's? We're gettin together at 7:30 pm!!

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #51 on: May 29, 2007, 11:55:50 pm »
Sigh, big sigh...

I got home from the BBQ today... I wheeled my backpack straight into the laundry room, and dumped the contents into the washing machine. I caught hold of my jeans as they went in and pulled them out and held them close. They smelled like campfire smoke, the salty stink of sweat, and sweet grass. Sigh...

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #52 on: June 02, 2007, 02:28:53 pm »
Today, I decided I needed to buy at least one extra pair of jeans to take to Colorado because 1) it's going to be frickin cold

It wasn't frickin cold after all, was it!!

What a difference a coupla months makes!! Now, my favorite boots are totally busted, needing new soles AND heels, my jeans are too big for me, my hat bit the dust and I got a new one, and my favorite buckskin jacket is in dire need of cleaning. Of course, maybe having 80 of my closest friends over for the Memorial Day weekend might have had somthun to do with it!

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #53 on: June 09, 2007, 04:53:48 pm »
Okay, since my sisters are so shy about posting pics of you in your jeans, I'll give you a little help. Here we are in our jeans and I am also wearing the denim shirt available at the BBQ with the embroidered BBQ logo:

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #54 on: June 12, 2007, 11:01:38 pm »
Jeans were the only pants I wore at the BBQ, and for some reason, jeans are all I've been interested in since then!  ;D

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #55 on: June 13, 2007, 08:19:35 am »
Yee-haw, it's gonna be a jeans summer!!

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #56 on: July 11, 2007, 09:17:05 am »
My workplace is having a special promotion today where you can pay $5 for cancer research and you get to wear your jeans! Best $5 investment I've made in a long time!!

mvansand76

« Reply #57 on: July 13, 2007, 11:00:56 am »
My workplace is having a special promotion today where you can pay $5 for cancer research and you get to wear your jeans! Best $5 investment I've made in a long time!!

Oh that's cute!!!  :D

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #58 on: July 13, 2007, 01:54:39 pm »
Thanks, Snuitjie!! Now, make the ol' Front-Ranger rilly happy on my birthday and post a pic of you and Mel in your jeans...or whatever you like to wear when you meet fellow Brokies!!

mvansand76

« Reply #59 on: July 13, 2007, 02:37:35 pm »
Thanks, Snuitjie!! Now, make the ol' Front-Ranger rilly happy on my birthday and post a pic of you and Mel in your jeans...or whatever you like to wear when you meet fellow Brokies!!

Me and Kelda you mean?  ;)

Yes, I will make sure I wear my Lee jeans, Lee! It will be jeans, my Jack Twist?/Jack Nasty! t-shirt and green cowboy hat! Kelda will be wearing her Tent don't look right shirt, so...

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #60 on: August 14, 2007, 12:34:17 pm »
<Front-Ranger waits patiently for a month.>

Now, it's too hot to wear jeans! So, I'd like to see a picture of a Brokie wearing their favorite "Daisy Maes."

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #61 on: September 18, 2007, 08:22:13 pm »
<Front-Ranger waits patiently for another month!>

Lookee ahead! Help is on the way! It's National Wear Your Jeans Day on October 5 to help fight breast cancer! Yee-haw!

Okay everybody, wear your jeans and have someone take a picture, for goodness sakes!!

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #62 on: October 04, 2007, 12:14:21 pm »
<Front-Ranger waits patiently for another month!>

Lookee ahead! Help is on the way! It's National Wear Your Jeans Day on October 5 to help fight breast cancer! Yee-haw!

Okay everybody, wear your jeans and have someone take a picture, for goodness sakes!!

It's here, It's here!! Pay your money down, get your pink ribbon, and wear those jeans tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #63 on: October 04, 2007, 04:23:45 pm »
It's here, It's here!! Pay your money down, get your pink ribbon, and wear those jeans tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Will do. Thankfully it's balmly these days, even unusual warm for October, so I can wear my fav 7/8 Jeans tomorrow. And yes, I will get Kerstin to take a pic  :)

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #64 on: October 12, 2007, 10:00:34 pm »
Okay, I am waiting patiently for the jeans pic!!

Now that the hot weather is over, it's time to bring out your jeans again!! Tell me about your favorite jeans or other Western wear!!

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #65 on: October 02, 2008, 10:14:30 am »
When is Wear Your Jeans for breast cancer day? We're not sure, but we think it's Friday, October 10. Any additional information is welcome. Meanwhile, get out those jeans! Dust them off if you've been wearing shorts all summer. And dust off your camera too!!

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #66 on: October 02, 2008, 10:57:33 am »
articles of clothes we love....

I love my durango biker boots.  I have a black pair, and a brown pair.  I always wear 'em with my jeans.

And I love a guy in blue jeans, and a white tshirt, and barefoot.  I think that's the sexiest look on a guy.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #67 on: October 02, 2008, 12:32:48 pm »
Cool, CD. I bet I have a picture of you wearing them. THere's a funny story about Harley boots that I have to tell you sometime, or preferably your offline namesake should because he can apply the proper voice and gestures!! Anyway, it involves Harley boots and a feather duster.

And, now I have a confession to make about jeans. My name is Front-Ranger, and I am a klepto-jeans-iac!!

Offline Brokeback_Dev

• Love is a force of nature
« Reply #68 on: October 02, 2008, 01:06:16 pm »
I love my 2 pair of size 12 low rise Levis that I got at a yard sale.  They're a little too big and I need a belt, but I love them!

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #69 on: October 02, 2008, 04:26:11 pm »
That's a luxury, having jeans that are a little too big! Can we have a picture of you in 'em, dev dear?

Now, on with my confession. I not only love my jeans, I love to steal jeans. It started when my friend gave me a pair of jeans, and they fit me better than any jeans in my closet. Then, I was washing clothes one day, and I took my son's jeans out of the dryer and held them up to me, and then I just had to try them on! They are so soft, worn, and faded, and they fit me like a pillowslip on a pillow! Several times I have sneaked up to his room and borrowed them (scooping them up off the floor) and he has never noticed because he wears shorts 99 % of the time. The other 1 % he wears raggedy jeans, not these ones.

When I really became audacious was when I was camping with friends in the desert, and I grabbed a pair of jeans from the back of my car. They were my friend Offline Chuck's. I put them on and, you guessed it, they fit perfectly!! He wasn't very happy when I pointed out that I was wearing them (he didn't even notice until I said something!) but at least he didn't demand that I take them off immediately!!

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
Think Pink! Wear Your Jeans Oct 9 for the Cure!
« Reply #70 on: October 06, 2008, 04:36:48 pm »
It's almost that time again...time to don your jeans in the name of breast cancer research! If your workplace doesn't have this event, demand it!! And then, post pics of you in your beautiful jeans!!

Here's a pic of Offline Chuck in his jeans, overlooking his private swimming hole in Wyoming!

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #71 on: October 06, 2008, 09:45:34 pm »
Friends Ben Franklin, LauraGigs, atz1973, seriouscrayons, and elle in their jeans!!

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #72 on: October 06, 2008, 09:48:11 pm »
Friends Ben Franklin, LauraGigs, atz1973, seriouscrayons, and elle in their jeans!!

where's Elle?

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #73 on: October 06, 2008, 09:49:22 pm »
oops, she musta fallen out of the picture! Hang on, I'll have one a Elle very shortly! Meanwhile, Here's another one of Offline Chuck, and this time from the front!

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #74 on: October 06, 2008, 10:01:32 pm »
Jeans wearers Front-Ranger, Vermont Sunset, and EDelMar:

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #75 on: October 06, 2008, 10:35:56 pm »
Jeans wearers Front-Ranger, Vermont Sunset, and EDelMar:

Aw, Lee, that picture just warms my heart.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #76 on: October 07, 2008, 05:00:12 pm »
Yes, hugs are one of the best renewable energy sources and group hugs are the most energy efficient of all!

Offline Brokeback_Dev

• Love is a force of nature
« Reply #77 on: October 08, 2008, 04:55:39 pm »
That's a luxury, having jeans that are a little too big! Can we have a picture of you in 'em, dev dear?

Now, on with my confession. I not only love my jeans, I love to steal jeans.

Stealing jeans.. Hmmm I can understand that.  Other people's close look better on me than my own.  Here's a pic of my yard sale jeans.  The lady of the house, my wonderful neighbor, called them her skinnyjeans. 

I have posted a few and deleted them like 3 times so here goes and its final!  Its not a great pic, but my doggie is in it with me. ;D

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #78 on: October 08, 2008, 06:03:06 pm »
Thanks luv that is a smashing picture! I see you found a nice belt too! I also love your kitchen flooring, very classy. Now, jeans day draws nigh...let's see more pics of jeans wearers. C'mon everybody, it's for the girls!!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #79 on: October 08, 2008, 06:17:07 pm »
Yes, hugs are one of the best renewable energy sources and group hugs are the most energy efficient of all!

That ought to be somebody's tag line, or signature line, or on a bumper sticker, er sumpin'.  :)
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #80 on: October 08, 2008, 09:15:58 pm »
okay, Jeff, good idea, I will add it to my profile!

Meanwhile I continue my postings of jeans-wearers I have known and loved. Nobody's safe this time! Relax, friends, it's all for a good cause, breast cancer research.

This is me and my buddy Bay City John.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #81 on: October 08, 2008, 09:53:17 pm »
Here are my buddies Jack Kerouac and Neil Cassidy!

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #82 on: October 09, 2008, 10:11:46 am »
The "Alliance" of "Toy-boys" who hogged Offline Chuck's Toyota for the whole duration of the '08 Roundup!!

From left are Jack Stephens, partytime (Jose) [as a new Brokie, he isn't wearing jeans yet], OCD, and Jeff Wrangler.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
Wear Your Jeans for the Cure!
« Reply #83 on: October 09, 2008, 10:17:58 am »
Offline Chuck, EDelMar, and RodneyWY walking in their jeans down the streets of Riverton!!

Offline Artiste

« Reply #84 on: October 09, 2008, 10:20:41 am »
Great pics Front-Ranger!

Merci!

May I joke and ask if their jeans were blessed by muslims or mormons??

Au revoir,
hugs!

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #85 on: October 09, 2008, 11:40:25 am »
Thanks, friend Artiste! Jeans are properly blessed by having mud and cowshit splashed on them, good red Wyoming mud, and by wading across Bear Creek and through a mountain meadow, with seedpods clinging to the hems, ripped by barb wire, darkened by grass stains and honest sweat, and marked with the hair of dogs and horses.

Now here is our Annie Proulx in her jeans (thanks to Love for providing this photo)

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #86 on: October 09, 2008, 06:54:26 pm »
Hey Lee!

I love a good pair of jeans.   :)
I often opt for ...

A pair of dark ones like...

OR wide leg ones like..

I will not venture into the territory of...

and most certainly not...

;D

injest

« Reply #87 on: October 09, 2008, 07:04:33 pm »
I was in a Subway the other day and EVERYONE in there had on jeans....young, old, women, men, kids... :laugh: :laugh:

Offline Artiste

« Reply #88 on: October 09, 2008, 09:32:20 pm »
I love your reply post Front-Ranger!

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #89 on: October 09, 2008, 09:34:32 pm »
Thanks for your posts Artiste and injest...Lucise, wow!!

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #90 on: October 17, 2008, 02:55:59 pm »
What do you think of this Jean Dress?
Very creative, I think..

"Denim Dress, made from 41 pairs of Levi 501's."
http://www.treehugger.com/files/2007/05/gary_harvey_cou.php