Author Topic: Ennis's father was gay, a homosexual maybe?  (Read 5681 times)

Offline Artiste

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Ennis's father was gay, a homosexual maybe?
« on: March 19, 2007, 03:34:33 pm »
It is always hard for a person to accept being a homosexual, heteresexual, bi-sexual, or of another preference/orientation; it becomes great when one accepts oneself!!

As many homosexuals men do NOT accept themselves, some fight OTHERS too?

I feel that was likely or maybe Ennis's father, fighting himself as he felt he was homosexual somehow! I say... as fictif evidence.

Yes, many men who are homosexuals fight it in themselves... and that fight for some is lifetime. You know? Some accept themselves and become happy, luckily. You know that? O

Plus, other men of other orientations, fight or kill gay men, unfortunately!

I have a sample, dear  real  one who aided making the movie, if you want to know. And will post that in the Brokeback Movie thread, partly, soon... if you want?

For now, I continue to seek your advice, opinions, sample, and/or ideas of this: a homosexual man refusing to be himself and fighting others who are homosexuals!

Do you think Ennis's father was a homosexual (to a certain degree) fighting against himself?
Hugs!

Offline Artiste

Re: Ennis's father was gay, a homosexual maybe?
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2007, 12:27:59 pm »
Since no one tried to answer this so far, guess it is a very, utmostly difficult subject?

Hugs to all!

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2007, 10:54:48 pm »
I agree with you, I've sometimes thought Ennis's father was a gay-hating gay, deeply closeted, like that Haggard guy. And I've thought the same of Jack's dad.

"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Artiste

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2007, 11:54:34 pm »
Thanks Front-Ranger!

Wow, wow, you thought that too!!

Whom is Haggard guy?

Hugs!

Offline Br. Patrick

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • "So what're we gonna do now?"
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2007, 02:52:20 am »
I've posted this before, but I would say it definitely answers the question...

:) br. patrick
Lean on me, let our hearts beat in time,
Feel strength from the hands that have held you so long.
Who cares where we go on this rugged old road
In a world that may say that we're wrong.

...Cause I know - A love that will never grow old.

Gustavo Santaolalla & Bernie Taupin

Offline Artiste

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2007, 03:23:03 pm »
Thanks Br. Patrick!

Yes, as you suggest, it could be that Ennis' father was a latent homosexual,
and therefore fighting within himself that, and/or others!! Those were the times (you were considered mental, evil, etc., then), and this continues in all countries to-day, unfortunately, if you are a gay man, some in different degrees!!

For examples: England's famous writer of Upper Class was jailed because he was gay, and many countries governments or so-called justice courts just kill to-day gays (like hundrenths young gay men last year in one season in Iran)!! Even some so-called religions like islam, muslims, etc., will kill a gay man because it is so in their bible!!

There are, however, bad persons who kill gays just for fun, unfortunately;
crasy sport it is for them, I guess as this is.

I do not know if such killers are also mass murderers of other men (of other sexuals orientations but it could be, like to kill straight men)!!

One thing seems to be another bizare event at times: is  that some seem to prefer to kill certain types of men. Guess that is like a man killing many women of a certain type; like ladies of the evening (many cases are like this and known!! The killing of gay men because they are gay or something likewise is less known, and maybe as current too??

Nevertheless, I am concerned as I do not like any murderers to kill!! I had to save my own life when four same time tried to kill me, one reason being that I am a gay man!! It does not only happen to me. Wonder how many gay men are killed for nothing by such murderous monsters?? This is an important subject in Annie's story and/or movie!! She even repeats this question?? !! Why??

Am happy for your comment. It remains that being a gay man is difficult in all of to-day's society?? !!
You understand my responce?

Hugs!

Offline Br. Patrick

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2007, 03:38:59 am »
Am happy for your comment. It remains that being a gay man is difficult in all of today's society?? !!
You understand my response?

Yes and I too was in a situation where my life was in danger because I was gay.  It was in the 'gay section' of Old-Town in Chicago in the '70s;  2 men were robbing a gay couple and I came upon the scene when I walked around a corner.  A gun was pointed at me and I was told to "freeze"!!  Scared to death!  But within moments, 3 or 4 undercover cops were all over the robbers.   I was never so glad to see a cop in my life!

:P br. patrick

Offline Artiste

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2007, 05:19:22 pm »
Thanks very, very much Br. Patrick!!

Wow, wow!! I am still nearly out of air... reading this, and am very happy to get it since you tell your true story!!
Pray you are well, as you must still be affected by this!! Right??

Your comment:
Yes and I too was in a situation where my life was in danger because I was gay.  It was in the 'gay section' of Old-Town in Chicago in the '70s;  2 men were robbing a gay couple and I came upon the scene when I walked around a corner.  A gun was pointed at me and I was told to "freeze"!!  Scared to death!  But within moments, 3 or 4 undercover cops were all over the robbers.   I was never so glad to see a cop in my life!

There are many similar situations which are true, even my own as I had to save my life from 4 all at once!!
So I understand your story!!

And here is another one, if I may say:
I am a gay man, and I have lived in many places in the USA, and in Canada too!! Writing for months (or years) with a penpal (another gay man), I was invited to go visit him and live with him, for a while, in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada! In his many letters, I think he had told me before my first visit, of his sad story! He had been in a gay bar in Vancouver which is on a main great street; that bar was known. He had been there many times, I think... as it was a SAFE place for gays... and it was!!
However, one day instead of going out by using the front door, he used the back door as most did, in order to get out!! Once outside, two nearly killed him knocking him from behind, disfigured him so much that none of his face was left nearly; $50 or even $20 or less the burglars/killers took from his pockets!!

When I first saw him, I was told by him that he had facial surgery. But he said very often how displaced he was with his face!! He was sad because his face was NOT at all his own anymore!!

Sad indeed!! In many ways!! Being a gay man is difficult for him, and for maybe all of us gays too!! ??

Praying for him.. and for you!! And others, gays and straights. To-day's society with drugs and unwanted anti-social persons trying to kill and rob gays as well as others, is nerve-racking for me... such episodes becoming too common!! Guess you saw that with your life then and think you were lucky not being disfigured by such robbers/killers!! Glad you relate your true story!!

Be happy to read your news, and thanks...

hugs!

Offline Br. Patrick

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2007, 02:24:05 am »
Pray you are well, as you must still be affected by this!! Right??

Only that it made me more accepting of my orientation.  If people can't handle a gay monk then it is their problem, not mine.  But I try to reach out to these people precisely because they are obviously are not dealing with part of their own personality.  In one case my 'unconditional love' caused a gay basher to simply accept his own repressed sexuality.  I feel like a conduit of God's love when things like that happen!

peace ;)
br. patrick

Offline brokebackjack

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2007, 11:33:05 am »
 There is not a shred of evidence in the film or the SS  from which we can say Ennis father, OR Jack's father [but he WAS A Dick,that one!!!] was gay.

well, inferences can be made, but that's all. I INFER that it may be possible as so many violent homophobes ARE gay---look at the boys who killed Matt Shepherd!

But there is no evidence that Ennis father killed Earl, just that he showed the corpse to his sons as a warning to them: this is what happens. He had to have a clue that EDM may have tended that way and might have decided to give him a lesson to prevent his gayness. MIGHT have.

Ennis obviously suspected that dear old dad was among the killers. Yet even he didn't know.

neither do we.
"I couldn't stand it no more so i fixed it"

Offline Artiste

« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2007, 09:56:14 am »
Thanks Br. Patrick!!

It is great to know about this subject and your ideas about it. Guess, it is discontent and/or fear or?? About being maybe gay... one can find in one's self?? Each individual human seeks to be happy (most persons' I hope), but fears that is sometime impossible in certain society?? - is that it??

Please explain your comment:
In one case my 'unconditional love' caused a gay basher to simply accept his own repressed sexuality.

Was that a case that happened? Can you tell me (us) about this? From an experience... may I ask?
An example... would be great??

Hugs!!

Offline Artiste

« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2007, 10:27:38 am »
Thanksbrokenbackjack!!

I see that your examination if this subject is revealing greatly so,
great with the text of Annie's and/or the movie.
It does increase this as a puzzle further for me.

May I take two of your sentences:
Ennis obviously suspected that dear old dad was among the killers. Yet even he didn't know.

It could be that Ennis's father was trying to be protective... and sought to be somewhat manly in his way
to protect his two sons. I will come back to that later, if you want... remind me.

However, it could be like Ennis thinks that his dad was the or one of the killers... as he mentions that (this idea) to Jack!! Hard to hear, hard to say... why would Ennis say that of his father??
WHY INDEED!!

Ennis did maybe think his dad was a killer? Or thought that his dad was probably so: a killer?

I know of a gay friend who told me that his first father was a criminal... and I will recheck with him to see if he says his dad was a killer.  His first dad is deceased!

So maybe Ennis's father was a criminal, in more that one way?? All his life?? Even was a murderer?? Hard statement... hard for Ennis to think that??

I heard of a neighbour who placed a bomb at the police station!! Wow, wow!! Criminals...murderers, hate gay men... it seems to me. Some persons prefer to be criminals, even murderers. There seems to be evidence in Annie's book or in the movie that Ennis' father was much more than just a dad, like a criminal even. There are more than one clues!! ??

That is disconforting... was Ennis's father such a bad apple?? And he sought that his boys were to become criminals too??

Does Annie mention that Ennis's father showed that horrible scene of the murdered gay man (of the couple), to his two boys or only to Jack??

You saw that Ennis did not know if his dad was the or one of the killers... but it could be that he did know??

There is also other disturbing evidence in the movie.

Awaiting your thoughts, research, ideas, etc.,

hugs!!

Offline Br. Patrick

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2007, 02:57:02 pm »
Please explain your comment:
In one case my 'unconditional love' caused a gay basher to simply accept his own repressed sexuality.

Was that a case that happened? Can you tell me (us) about this? From an experience... may I ask?
An example... would be great??

To tell the whole story would be violating the rights of another human being.  Let's just say that a homeless, alcoholic, sociopath, lived on and off with me for about 4 1/2 years.   He fulfilled my 'lust' while I fulfilled his NEED to be desired by a male.  Not a pretty tale.  He beat me up several times and the police were called.   After he gave himself to me sexually to avoid being evicted by my landlord he had to come to terms with his own needs.  I mean the guy was Hard before anything happened.  Eventually I did ask him to leave and he came up with the idea of Las Vegas.  So, on June 2, 2003, I sent him by bus to Las Vegas.  I received a call from him on December 24, 2006 in which he expressed his gratitude for my hospitality and that he was a worker in the same rehab center that he himself rehabbed in.  I prayed 'what to do' during the whole episode and took it day by day.  My prayers ANSWER was 'not to reject him and that we will both get what we need.'   And that's exactly what happened.  My need for lust was healed and his need for alcohol was healed.  Happy ending to a part of my life I don't like to think about.  God loved this man 'unconditionally through me' something the guy never experienced before.   As I said to go into more detail would be violating his story.   We both 'got what we needed' in a way that still blows my mind...

;) br. patrick

Offline brokebackjack

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2007, 05:57:23 pm »
Artiste you really need to read the SS for yourself.Describing it does nothing.
"I couldn't stand it no more so i fixed it"

Offline Artiste

« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2007, 11:10:50 pm »
Thanks Br. Patrick!!

Your story of your life with that guy who was with you, is indeed interesting!!

And helpful too.

You detailed it well. I understand it now. I am grateful for your details!! Be assured that can help me and others maybe too!!

Thanks very much,

hugs!!