Author Topic: You teenager in the sixties, had brother(s) and/or sister(s), many or none??  (Read 12076 times)

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Now, where's the champion of the rural areas??  ::)

TJ, where are you??  :laugh:

Nouvelle Orleans would be great too, for my paintings!!

I bet it would!  :)

Offline Artiste

Thanks latjoreme!

Last year noted especially, (other years too I guess), persons who never went to art galleries, came to show my exhibition of my paintings!! At two galleries... in two different cities, this happened wonderfully!!

Even those who do go to art galleries but never did to this particular gallery which exists for over 18 years, came just to see my show!! That they said to me!! Wow! Wow!

And that was wonderful!! But a puzzle to me!! So I asked or some stated, why!!
I create something

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
Artiste, I would love to see one of your paintings, do you have digital images of them you can post, or what subject matter do you paint?

Having been born in 1963, I cannot answer your question about what it was like to be a teenager, I had sister aged 20 and 15 when I was born, my younger sister went thru the brunt of the social upheval of the era, The assassinations, Vietnam, The Draft, Womens Liberation, in her lifetime she had many friend from many walks of life, she could make friends wherever she went.
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

• BetterMost Supporter!
By the way, where are you from? I am going to take a wild guess and say.......Lebanon.

Offline Artiste

Do you mean Lebanon, in the USA??

Why do you think that?

Or think otherwise?

Hugs!!

• BetterMost Supporter!
No, I mean Lebanon in the Mediterranean, at first I thought you might be from Quebec.

Offline Artiste

Thanks shakestheground!!

Why do you think that?? May I ask regarding those two areas??

Pray tell. What makes you think that??

Hugs!!

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
Artiste started this thread a year ago! Artiste, your English communication skills have improved so much!! I wish my French were a fraction of what you have achieved in English!

I see that I never answered the question. I was a teenager in the 1960s and I had one younger brother and one younger sister. As the oldest child, I was not only headstrong but also somewhat dominating. I always had a sense of what I wanted to accomplish in life. Nonetheless, it was deflating for me when my mother told me that, because of financial hardship in the family, my brother should be given the chance to complete his college education, while I must drop out, because he would have to support a family later, whereas I wouldn't as a (she assumed) housewife. How times have changed! Instead of doing what my parents wanted, I broke off communication with them, went back to campus, and supported myself thru the rest of my college days. Today, I am the breadwinner in my family and have two teenagers of my own!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Artiste

Thanks very much  Front-Ranger!

Be assured that I have enjoyed very, very much your post, your life's story!!

I do not know if my English has improved... since I was terribly in pain after my big operation and it's hard to write therefore then, besides thinking!! Plus, when those four that my former neighbour sent to kill me so he could open up a crack house in my house (which I refused him for that), my bones were so broken and my head smahed with baseball bat and 2 by 4's, glass... that you can understand that you can not sleep and are always in fear, etc., right?? So, how can one write good then in those conditions? I suppose, nevertheless, that my English improves daily since you guys and gals do too by helping me dearly!!

You say:
I wish my French were a fraction of what you have achieved in English!

Front-Ranger (and to all too), I have been thinking lately on starting a daily thread to add French for you gals and gilrs, good idea??

Just a word or a few, every day?

Au revoir,
hugs!   So you write professionally, right?? You are an Annie? Or are you Annie?

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • LCARS
I was a teenager in the 60's.  Grew up in Houston, Texas.  Have a brother that is 20 monhts older, and a sister that is 9 years younger.

How did they affect my life...... my brother taught me how to fight ! ;D  For some reason, we really weren't close growing up.  Still aren't that close now... but we do stay in touch and see each other several times a
year.   My sister... being so much younger... I was always the protector.  The care giver  and nuturer.  I didn't then, and don't now, let anyone mess with her.  Unfortunately, I think it made her too dependent.
I have no children, but spoil the hell out of my nieces and nephews.  I am an easy makr for them !!
I learned compassion from an Aunt . 

Being a nurturer.... BBM broke my heart.  I wanted Jack and Ennis to be happy.  I lived through the 60's, and understood their fears.  I have an Uncle who is gay... and to this day has never "come out" to anyone but me.  BBM made me so sad for his lonely life. 

Karen

my teenage years began 1970 in a small town not far from Houston. guess its a small old world!