Author Topic: Jack's truck??  (Read 17513 times)

Offline Artiste

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Jack's truck??
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2007, 07:19:27 pm »
How many trucks did Jack have?

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • I swear.............
« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2007, 10:11:00 am »
EDelMar is my new hero!
How cool wouldit be to own those two peieces of that movie?
Wow that is awesome! Thanks for sharing that pic.
"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"

moremojo

« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2007, 11:50:19 am »
Was it made in the USA and/or only in Canada??

I am guessin that it was made only in the USA??

Hugs!!
Hi, Artiste--

The film was shot almost entirely on location in Alberta, Canada (I say 'almost entirely' because I read on IMDb last year that the two tent scenes were filmed on a soundstage, apparently also in Canada). The story's setting is, of course, in the U.S. (Wyoming and Texas) and Mexico, but none of the film was actually shot in any of these locations.

Offline Artiste

« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2007, 04:17:36 pm »
Thanks moremojo!

The tent scenes were made on soundstage??

Which soundstage?

And, do you know how many trucks were used in the movie??
Hugs!

moremojo

« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2007, 05:24:33 pm »
Which soundstage?
That might be the million-dollar question. I remember somebody (I think it was CaseyCornelius, also a member of BetterMost, and who happens to live in Alberta) on a thread on the movie's message board on IMDb stating that both tent scene 1 and 2 were filmed on a soundstage. There was no elaboration on that, but I think it most probable that the soundstage would have been located in Alberta, quite possibly Calgary.

But almost every other scene was shot on location, again in some Alberta location or another. Are you aware of the 'Finding Brokeback' website? It has detailed information on virtually all the sites used for the filming; it's really a lot of fun to peruse. Here's the link:

http://www.findingbrokeback.com/

Offline welliwont

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Tent scenes filmed on a sound stage?
« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2007, 05:38:26 pm »
That might be the million-dollar question. I remember somebody (I think it was CaseyCornelius, also a member of BetterMost, and who happens to live in Alberta) on a thread on the movie's message board on IMDb stating that both tent scene 1 and 2 were filmed on a soundstage. There was no elaboration on that, but I think it most probable that the soundstage would have been located in Alberta, quite possibly Calgary.

But almost every other scene was shot on location, again in some Alberta location or another. Are you aware of the 'Finding Brokeback' website? It has detailed information on virtually all the sites used for the filming; it's really a lot of fun to peruse. Here's the link:

http://www.findingbrokeback.com/

Well that is really weird....  Here is something I only noticed on my 30+ viewing of the movie, and it has been quite a while since I did notice it,

*dredging months-old memory from deep in my cranium*

In one of the Tent Scenes, I think --  yes, definitely SNIT, when Ennis gets up to go into tent, the campfire light is shining into tent, and it should be showing the back wall of the tent but it is not.  It shows trees and woods. The back tent wall is missing, as in not there.  (obviously because the camera(s) subsequently film(s) from that vantage point).

Before reading this comment I never would have thought the tent scenes were filmed anywhere else but at the actual location.

Now I don't know what to think.   :o
Then the clouds opened up and God said, "I hate you, Alfafa."

moremojo

Re: Tent scenes filmed on a sound stage?
« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2007, 05:43:20 pm »
Now I don't know what to think.   :o
We need CaseyCornelius back here to enlighten us on these kinds of production details. Casey, where are you?

Offline Artiste

« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2007, 06:24:56 pm »
Thanks all!

I am more puzzled about those two or three tent scenes too... for two reasons!

1. It seems to me that I have seen a clip about a tent sex or kissing scene, outside made I think it was,
as Lee, the director, looks into a camera-done-scene and seeing it not that well done, he asks Heath and Jack
to continue, to try again!!

2. Plus, if you see the Montreal co. which added parts to images, stills, the tent scene (one at least) was likely
on a stage (an soundstage as you say moremojo) for the one with the storm (ice)... but even there I am puzzled as that ice storming was likely real when I hear Lee!! ??

Puzzles can be solved??

Hugs!!

Offline jpwagoneer1964

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Me and my 1951 DeSoto Suburban
« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2007, 11:46:27 pm »
How many trucks did Jack have?
They show four in the movie, 1980 GMC, 1965-6 red Ford, 1977 blue Ford, 1978-90 GMC/Chev dually, but we can assume he had some in between.
Thank you Heath and Jake for showing us Ennis and Jack,  teaching us how much they loved one another.

Offline Artiste

« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2007, 09:26:09 am »
Thanks jpwagoneer1964!

I like your details!!
There were at least four trucks in the movie!! ?? Those were that Ennis and/or Jack used in the movie??

Hugs!!