Author Topic: Movie News  (Read 81708 times)

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: Movie News
« Reply #140 on: August 13, 2009, 10:52:00 pm »
She has a part in "The Time Traveler's Wife". I don't know if it's out yet, but I've seen some previews.
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline oilgun

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Disappearing star Christian Bale -Article
« Reply #141 on: August 20, 2009, 06:39:57 pm »
Oh no, he's at it again!  :o

http://celebedge.ca/Bang/ContentPostingBang3column?newsitemid=BSBS74768&feedname=BANG&show=False&number=0&showbyline=True&subtitle=&detect=&abc=abc&date=False

Disappearing star Christian Bale
Method actor Christian Bale reportedly looks ''emaciated'' and keeps disappearing from the set of his new movie 'The Fighter'.

Christian Bale keeps going "missing" on the set of his new movie.

The actor has bemused co-stars on his new movie 'The Fighter' - which he is filming in Massachusetts with Mark Wahlberg and Amy Adams - with his insistence on "getting into character" and refusing to be seen when he isn't filming.

A source told 'E!': "You only see him when it's time for his scenes. Other than that, no one has any idea where he is. He just goes missing."

Bale is determined to accurately portray former crack addict Dicky Eklund in the movie - which follows the life of boxer 'Irish' Mickey Ward - and has stunned people with his appearance.

The source explained: "Christian has lost almost as much weight as he did for 'The Machinist'. He is so gaunt. They have even thinned his hair - he just looks sickly."

The 35-year-old star famously lived on just a can of tuna and an apple a day and lost 60lbs while filming 'The Machinist', in which he played a paranoid insomniac.

Bale has previously said he would not want to go to the dieting extremes he did for 'The Machinist' ever again - but admitted he thrived on the "mental challenges" it presented him with.

He said: "I wouldn't want to take it to that extreme again. But it was necessary to lose weight for that role - not as much as I did - but it was a challenge mentally to see if I was capable of doing such a thing.

"I know that I can now, so there would need to be a certain gimmick if I was to do that all over again. But I do like the notion of seeing how far you can push yourself so I'm very happy that I did that. Everybody told me that I was risking my health the first time around, so doing it twice? I'm probably being an idiot."

(C) BANG Media International

Offline delalluvia

• "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #142 on: August 20, 2009, 06:45:54 pm »
Method actors.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #143 on: August 20, 2009, 06:51:16 pm »
The 35-year-old star famously lived on just a can of tuna and an apple a day and lost 60lbs while filming 'The Machinist',

Geez, I can't live on a can of tuna and an apple a day long enough to lose 10.

Offline Mikaela

• Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #144 on: August 20, 2009, 06:58:01 pm »
Cans of tuna - yuck!  :-X

Bearing in mind how cranky CB was at the set of Terminator Salvation where he didn't have to starve himself or anything, I can only imagine how everyone is walking on pins on needles *now*.  :o

But I'm no fan. I think CB is one of the most overrated actors around.

Offline delalluvia

• "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #145 on: August 20, 2009, 07:12:12 pm »
Cans of tuna - yuck!  :-X

Bearing in mind how cranky CB was at the set of Terminator Salvation where he didn't have to starve himself or anything, I can only imagine how everyone is walking on pins on needles *now*. 

But I'm no fan. I think CB is one of the most overrated actors around.

Except they're not because he's not staying around people.  He does his scenes, then leaves.  Very wise.

;D

Offline oilgun

« Reply #146 on: August 20, 2009, 07:15:57 pm »
Tuna is one of the worst fish he could have picked, because of its large size it has high levels of mercury.  It shouldn't be eaten more than once a week.  He would have been better off with something small like the sardine (which is what i just had for dinner, lol!).

(PS:  Wow, a major thunderstorm just went by!  It got so dark and moved so quickly!)

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #147 on: August 23, 2009, 10:58:55 pm »
I can just imagine you there with your can of sardines, and the lightning waving like a white sheet in the window!!

I read an article about Bale's work in Herzog's Rescue Dawn in The New Yorker. It sounds like he was very reckless with his safety on that movie...shot in Thailand on a shoestring budget. I was looking forward to seeing the movie in theaters, but apparently it came out directly on DVD, unfortunately. I want to acquire it.

Here's an interview with him about the movie:

http://www.moviesonline.ca/movienews_12364.html
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #148 on: August 24, 2009, 02:34:33 am »

I saw the Golden Compass when it was first released, but I didn't like it at all.  Not because of the religious connotations it has, one way
or another.  I happen to be agnostic, but I just thought it was boring and not interesting at all.  I felt like I had wasted my time.

However on the similar topic, I didn't care for the Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe either.  I never read the book either, maybe it
was better, but the movie to me was just plain silly.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2009, 11:26:10 pm by ifyoucantfixit »

Beautiful mind

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #149 on: August 25, 2009, 10:24:06 am »
I read an article about Bale's work in Herzog's Rescue Dawn in The New Yorker. It sounds like he was very reckless with his safety on that movie...shot in Thailand on a shoestring budget. I was looking forward to seeing the movie in theaters, but apparently it came out directly on DVD, unfortunately. I want to acquire it.

It was in theaters here, briefly. I kept trying to go, but missed it. Later, I saw it on DVD. I didn't love it, but I liked it.

I am a CB fan and don't think he's overrated. I've been dismayed by some of his real-life behavior, of course, but I usually don't hold that against actors onscreen (Mel Gibson being the only exception I can think of). I especially liked him in 3:10 to Yuma and The Prestige.