Author Topic: Brokeback Railroad (Request)  (Read 22914 times)

Offline SFEnnisSF

• BBM Radio Program Director
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Brokeback Railroad (Request)
« on: April 09, 2007, 05:37:56 pm »
Ok, who's gonna write me a steamy fan fic with Ennis and Jack as engineers and/or brakemen out on the Railroad?   :D

Here we see a picture of SP "Hogger" Ennis leaving the City of San Francisco in 1981.  (See cowboy hat on the "Hogger").  They don't have to be (and I prefer them not to be) located in San Francisco...

I want lots of steamy sex out in the middle of nowhere when they're waiting "in the hole" or their train has "mechanical problems".  ;)   All that lube and grease in the Engine compartment for emergency repairs..  :o

They will have to deal with all the homophobia of the other men who work on the railroad, and they must keep thier romance and relationship a secret. (Which is why this will be "Brokeback Railroad".)  Will their love survive out on the rails?  Can they keep their love a secret?  Will there be 'others' out there with them?

To assist you with your writing, here's some Railroad terminology and slang:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rail_terminology

(Some of these are really out there, and were not in use by the '60's or '70's):
http://www.catskillarchive.com/rrextra/glossry1.Html

Ok, ready, set, write:D

« Last Edit: April 09, 2007, 05:43:06 pm by sfericsf »

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
Re: Brokeback Railroad (Request)
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2007, 08:45:24 pm »
Eric,

Thank you for posting this.

I actually had a suggestion a while ago for a "plot bunny" thread...ie, a thread suggesting ideas to those who might be so creatively inspired to run with an idea and turn it into something. You have given a great description here, Eric, and maybe someone will pick up his/her pen as a result. We can only hope, I would like to read what might come of this.

Meanwhile, if other folks want to post other plot bunnies, maybe this can be the place?

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2007, 09:00:26 pm »
I can just see it now.....

Ennis:   "Jack, that is one mighty fine caboose you have there".

Jack:  "Thanks for noticing.   It gets lonely in there, but I'd share it with you if you need a place to spend the night"

Offline SFEnnisSF

• BBM Radio Program Director
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2007, 12:41:51 am »

Jack:  "Thanks for noticing.   It gets lonely in there, but I'd share it with you if you need a place to spend the night"

I'm gettin' excited already!!  :D  :D

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2007, 08:19:59 am »
Ok, who's gonna write me a steamy fan fic with Ennis and Jack as engineers and/or brakemen out on the Railroad?   :D

Great idea!

.  .  .
Meanwhile, if other folks want to post other plot bunnies, maybe this can be the place?

L

Another great idea, L! 

Ennis:   "Jack, that is one mighty fine caboose you have there".

Jack:  "Thanks for noticing.   It gets lonely in there, but I'd share it with you if you need a place to spend the night"

Keep going, David!  :)

Thanks,
Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2007, 08:49:18 am »

The only caboose that would interest Ennis is the one in the backside of Jack's jeans. ...

Thanks to TS1 we already know that Ennis's locomotive fits Jack's tunnel. ...
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline souxi

• sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2007, 10:20:22 am »
The only caboose that would interest Ennis is the one in the backside of Jack's jeans. ...

Thanks to TS1 we already know that Ennis's locomotive fits Jack's tunnel. ...

Welll ermm, yes Jeff I think we do. That was very eloquently put there.... good descrptive writing that lol.  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Are you writing anything else then young man? Or have you already done so and I havnt seen it? If you have I want a link please. I,ve still got your ghost story btw. I often read it.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2007, 10:43:18 am »
Welll ermm, yes Jeff I think we do. That was very eloquently put there.... good descrptive writing that lol.  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Are you writing anything else then young man? Or have you already done so and I havnt seen it? If you have I want a link please. I,ve still got your ghost story btw. I often read it.

Aww, thank you! Your kind comments just made my morning.  :)

No, I haven't written anything since I finished "All I Got and All I Want." The Muse has been silent this winter.  :-\
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2007, 10:53:28 am »
Eric,

Thank you for posting this.

I actually had a suggestion a while ago for a "plot bunny" thread...ie, a thread suggesting ideas to those who might be so creatively inspired to run with an idea and turn it into something. You have given a great description here, Eric, and maybe someone will pick up his/her pen as a result. We can only hope, I would like to read what might come of this.

L

Good idea, Leslie.

Not to hijack Eric's thread, but I'll share an idea that crossed my mind because I'm sure I'll never get around to trying to write it. Since people seem to be writing some really, really AU stories, I once had an idea to place Ennis and Jack in the cavalry in the West of the 1870s. Ennis would be civilian scout, because he'd look so good in a buckskin jacket  ;) , and Jack would be either a noncommissioned officer, or maybe, just possibly, a lieutenant, because he'd look so good in a blue cavalry uniform. (Guess he wasn't too broke up for the army, after all. ...  :))

I think I have the "technical background" to write an AU railroad story, but it wouldn't be what Eric is looking for. It would just be another of my PG-rated AU exercises, and the steam would come from a locomotive, not from the boys. ...  :-\

Offline souxi

• sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2007, 10:58:26 am »
Aww, thank you! Your kind comments just made my morning.  :)

No, I haven't written anything since I finished "All I Got and All I Want." The Muse has been silent this winter.  :-\

Your very welcome hun. :)
Why dont you have a go at this steamy fic then? I know you could do it. Go on..you know ya wanna. Get those carnal thoughts flowing kiddo. ;) ;) ;) :laugh: