Author Topic: End Times!!  (Read 9400 times)

injest

End Times!!
« on: April 09, 2007, 09:52:39 pm »
ok....since last week I have heard on the TV AND radio that 'we are in the end times'

Have had four (4!!) people tell me "I told my mom that Jesus was comin!!"

have had several people make allusions without coming straight out with it...so I was just wondering if this is just a LOCAL thang or what??

these people don't believe in global warming but they think some being is gonna come and pass judgement on them...today!

8) ::) ::)

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
Re: End Times!!
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2007, 09:55:57 pm »
I couldn't figure out what to select. I haven't heard anything of this nature.

"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2007, 09:57:20 pm »
I thought I'd be the first one ta post, but NOOOOO, Lee beet me to it.

But I'm the first one ta vote though - and you KNOW what my answer was, booney girl!

10 back
63 back
2015 - Toronto: Pan Am Games
2015 - Edmonton, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Winnipeg: Woman's World Cup of Soccer

injest

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2007, 09:59:00 pm »
I couldn't figure out what to select. I haven't heard anything of this nature.

???

then 0 would be your choice!!
 ;) ;)
« Last Edit: April 09, 2007, 11:37:34 pm by injest »

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2007, 11:27:38 pm »
I think I heard a couple of whackos talk about it on CNN this week.

It seems like every time a bird farts someone thinks the world will end. I don't pay any attention to that crap anymore. I mean, even if God did come, what could we do about it?  ???
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline dot-matrix

• www.maleimagegallery.com ~Come Join Us~
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2007, 11:42:51 pm »
I think I heard a couple of whackos talk about it on CNN this week.

It seems like every time a bird farts someone thinks the world will end. I don't pay any attention to that crap anymore. I mean, even if God did come, what could we do about it?  ???

Agreed David, seems there's always some fire and brimstone nut job preaching about it and using everything from global warming to chocolate flavored crunch berries as the reason du jour.  I've got a feeling the signs. portends and heralds will be a good deal more immediate and downright shocking in their attention getting quality, when and if the Almighty ever decides to make an appearance. ;)
Life is not a dress rehearsal

injest

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2007, 11:51:15 pm »
Agreed David, seems there's always some fire and brimstone nut job preaching about it and using everything from global warming to chocolate flavored crunch berries as the reason du jour.  I've got a feeling the signs. portends and heralds will be a good deal more immediate and downright shocking in their attention getting quality, when and if the Almighty ever decides to make an appearance. ;)

this is another thing....I would think that there would be NO question if in fact the Heavens opened up and the trumpet sounded....(in fact I bet they'd break into the soaps for that one!)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2007, 01:03:48 am »
Well, I was raised Roman Catholic, and we were taught to ignore everything unless it comes up and bites us on the ass (or the Church said so). So we always ignored these "the sky is falling and the world is coming to an end" type scenarios. "Unless it walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it's not a duck".

You get the idea.  ;)
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2007, 01:20:34 am »

I dont watch television, and certainly not to the christian channels when I do...so I dont hear that stuff.... Sometimes I think those are one of two things, the nuts with all their shells shocked.  Or the televangelists trying to get you so scared, that you will send money, and they can then scare more folks into sending more money.................JMO.    sorry if I offend, just my personal opinion.                                                                janice

Beautiful mind

Offline delalluvia

• "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2007, 08:09:48 pm »
Um, I don't live in the sticks, and I've not heard anyone mention the end times this week.  But then again, I rarely talk to anyone about religion that isn't a more archaeological type discussion.

Why?  Has anything happened recently that hasn't happened before in the last 10,000 years or so?