Brokeback Mountain: Our Community's Common Bond > The Lighter Side

Notice: Construction Season

(1/4) > >>

Phillip Dampier:
I have had a request to bring the "I Love Everything..." into its own section.  I am considering making a change in here and wanted to get user input on it before proceeding.

BBM Games and Quizzes would be renamed BBM Fun and Games to better reflect some of the additional activities that aren't really a game or a quiz.  Each respective activity would have its own child board, starting with:

1) ABC's & 123's
2) I Love Everything

The main board would have a permanent sticky message explaining how the section is organized for visitors.  The random smaller games and threads could also remain there.  I don't want to bury people in child boards, so I'm also amenable to just adjusting the name of the section and leaving things the way they are right now if more people like that idea.

For a sample of how it might look, check out the BetterMost News & Welcome Center forum.  It has a child board attached.

Let me know.

Front-Ranger:
I like those child boards as long as u can get to them from the jump to box at the bottom. And feel free to have the mods move posts around as far as I'm concerned. I never know if I''m putting things in the right place.  Thanks, Phillip! You take such good care of us.

amh:
Hi Phillip,

Thanks for asking.  Frankly, I'm kind of split.  I like having them all at one glance on the same level, but I do see that it's getting a little unweildy.  So I'd be happy to try out the child board concept and see how it rolls, especially since you mentioned the placing permanently stickyed explanation of the organizational structure at the top of the parent board.

Ann Marie

Sheriff Roland:
Being the initiator of many of these new threads and a few others that I would re-introduce here (from our IMDb BBM experiences), I feel like I need to weigh in also.

I appreciate your attempt to change the title to "Fun and Games". However IMO these new threads are not about fun and games either.  They're more like expressions of feelings and opportunities to highlight touching moments and how they relate to us in our lives. I suppose they appear like games in that they are easy and light, - but they're not really fun and games.

Just someone else's opinion

Roland

vkm91941:

--- Quote from: Roland on April 22, 2006, 10:17:10 pm ---Being the initiator of many of these new threads and a few others that I would re-introduce here (from our IMDb BBM experiences), threads such as the "I'm Sooo like Ennis/Jack/Alma" threads and the "You gotta feel sorry for Ennis/Jack..." I feel like I need to weigh in also.

I appreciate your attempt to change the title to "Fun and Games". However IMO these new threads are not about fun and games either.  They're more like expressions of feelings and opportunities to highlight touching moments and how they relate to us in our lives. I suppose they appear like games in that they are easy and light, - but they're not really fun and games.

--- End quote ---

I agree with you Roland, they are not actually games more a unique yet fun way starting dailogue and get folks in touch with the more ethereal feelings this film has unleashed, that are sometimes difficult to express.  I also see lots of potential for new threads.  The child board seems best to me with a jump link on the forum page.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version