Author Topic: BBM for me  (Read 2256 times)

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
BBM for me
« on: December 19, 2006, 01:54:35 am »
For the first time since I've been here visiting my family, I sat down to watch some TV.  My mom has this satellite system with hundreds of (mostly crappy-looking) channels.  All of a a sudden, there is the opening, and I mean literally opening view of BBM, before the name appears.  I get to watch BBM.  This is the first time since I saw it at the Castro this summer.

As I watch, I am seeing and hearing all of you - Roux, Katherine, Meryl, Chrissi, FR, nyd, Ray, Mel, atz, Jane, Julie, Melinda, Barb, Sheyne, henrypie, Davids, Scotts, Victoria, Spooky, Isabelle, Mika, John G, Jeff, Adrian, Fabienne, JennyC, dela, and a hundred more.  The coffeepots, twitches, pants, hunhs, Tootie and Elizabeth, soup boxes, fans, mountain pictures on the walls, kitchen sinks, jammy pants, bikers, smokes, swing set, they are all you to me.

I also remembered something else from the first time I ever saw BBM - when Ennis and Jack kiss in TS2, I had this shock of recognition that nothing seems recognizably righter than that. 

(And that hilarious mishearing someone had, "As far behind as we are in the pills......I'd have 'em if you'd spurt 'em.")   :laugh:

My preschooler just woke up and came in to where I'm watching so I'm turning it off and taking her back to bed.  She came in while Ennis and Cassie are dancing the first time.  She said, "That woman is being VERY careful - she is looking both ways."  (The tossing of the tresses)  :)

Love you!

Offline serious crayons

Re: BBM for me
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2006, 02:27:42 am »
My preschooler just woke up and came in to where I'm watching so I'm turning it off and taking her back to bed.  She came in while Ennis and Cassie are dancing the first time.  She said, "That woman is being VERY careful - she is looking both ways."  (The tossing of the tresses)  :)

That is one of the cutest preschooler quotes ever. If only Cassie were as smart as your daughter -- she would have been more careful.

So how did your other family members like it?

Nice away-card, Elle (aka, woman who will keep me from ever glimpsing "Laundromat Entry Around Front" without laughing) We miss you!

:-*

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2006, 10:26:11 am »
Love you!

Love you, too, Clarissa, even though you almost just made me cry here at work!  :laugh:  :-*
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline SFEnnisSF

• BBM Radio Program Director
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2006, 12:17:38 pm »
Aaah, the memories of the Castro showing...  :)

I also remembered something else from the first time I ever saw BBM - when Ennis and Jack kiss in TS2, I had this shock of recognition that nothing seems recognizably righter than that. 

You nailed it there, Sister.  ;)  Shoulda been more a that in the movie!  >:(