Author Topic: BetterMost New Feature: Reason for Edit  (Read 2600 times)

Offline Phillip Dampier

• Mayor - BetterMost, Wyoming
  • Town Administration
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
    • BetterMost
BetterMost New Feature: Reason for Edit
« on: April 17, 2007, 02:12:44 am »
When modifying one of your messages, you'll see a new text box towards the bottom which will ask you why you are editing your message.  This is useful to update readers as to changes you've made, such as adding new details, correcting a serious error, or just rewording something in a message to make it easier to follow.  You aren't required to enter anything, but it's there in case you need it.

Please note you have a five minute window to edit your post without it being labeled as edited.  If you change something during the first five minutes after your original post, the reason for edit feature will not work.
You're a part of our family - BetterMost, Wyoming

Offline Phillip Dampier

• Mayor - BetterMost, Wyoming
  • Town Administration
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
    • BetterMost
Re: BetterMost New Feature: Reason for Edit
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2007, 02:12:58 pm »
I used this feature yesterday.

A while after my first edit, I needed to make another change. The Reason For Edit box was blank, but that didn’t bother me. I assumed that my original edit reason would remain at the bottom of the post. It didn’t.

Is there a way to make the Reason For Edit box default to the reason previously entered? Or make the reason persist unless changed?

Not in any way I can control with an easy change on my end.  I'll suggest this to the modification author and see what can be done.  Thanks for bringing this up!
You're a part of our family - BetterMost, Wyoming