Author Topic: [From the Mayor] Monday & Tuesday, 12/3 & 12/4  (Read 2547 times)

Offline Phillip Dampier

• Mayor - BetterMost, Wyoming
  • Town Administration
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
    • BetterMost
[From the Mayor] Monday & Tuesday, 12/3 & 12/4
« on: December 04, 2007, 12:27:21 am »
What a week this is turning out to be.  As most of you know, I had a nasty accident last Friday morning while en route to the supermarket.  I was moving at nearly 45mph at the time of the accident, which was the other driver's fault, and once again my vehicle sustained serious damage (and I got the airbags again).  Monday was my first day back doing my normal routine on BetterMost due to a right hand injury sustained in the accident.  December is always a very busy month, and now it will be more so as I await word on whether or not I'll be waiting several weeks for my car to be repaired or whether I'm going to be shopping for a new one.  Not fun.

Please be sure to enter that Trip to Banff contest, noted on the news banner.  Entries have to be in by the 6th which is just a few days away.  I have continued my series of images on the news banner from the mountain west.  People have occasionally asked me what the images represent.  Starting this week, if you hover your mouse pointer over the image, you should see a caption letting you know the answer to that!

We've fully gone holiday mode here with our new top banner and color scheme.  The only problem is finding a color that works consistently for certain users who are represented in different colors.  Moderators and administrators are in red, financial supporters appear in green, and the rest of our residents are currently in orange.  That orange color seems to work for people browsing messages and seeing their friends sharing an interest in the same topic, but doesn't work so well in the Who's Online list at the very bottom of the forum home page.  It's very tough finding a color that works in both places!

We have a new Topic of the Week to explore.  I'd also like to remind residents that the Brokeback Mountain Open Forum is designed for messages that somehow relate to the story or the culture of the region.  It's not an "open forum" for any topic.  We have Current Events for politics and... yeah, current events.  Anything Goes is the place for topics that don't fit anywhere else.  We've always had a very liberal policy about allowing topics to wander in threads and let people decide where to take them.  But replies that threaten to completely disrupt a thread because they are completely off topic and highly controversial are subject to being moved by the moderators to a more appropriate venue.

That's it for now.  See you again mid-week!
You're a part of our family - BetterMost, Wyoming