Author Topic: Vote for the MTV Movie Awards  (Read 11672 times)

slayers_creek_oth

Re: Vote for the MTV Movie Awards
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2006, 01:34:52 pm »
Oh, and for sexiest performance, I keep voting for Ziyi Zhang a) because I loved her in "Memoirs," b) because she's so outrageously beautiful, and c) because I'd like to see what happens when she and Jake are backstage at the same place at the same time.  *eg*

ROFL.....well at least you have a reason! 

slayers_creek_oth

« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2006, 01:35:25 pm »
I think I voted for Rob Schneider rofl

ROFLMFAO!  Ok....

Offline Becky

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • No one can resist the Twist!
    • Myspace site, kinda scary but I like it!
« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2006, 01:40:19 pm »
I am with you Barb King Kong was overly boring, I mean how can you add all that crap to a film that was originally only 30 mins long? And I haven't seen any of the other "Best Film" nominees. I guess that says alot about the films; they were so crap that I didn't even bother to go see them in the first place. So I just left it blank. I also voted for Ziyi Zhang cause although I have not seen "Memoirs" but my friend who is like a soul mate for me when it comes to films has seen and she loved it. Also I have seen her in real life and she is sooo sooo beautiful and she had a stunning dress on.

*Spoiler*
How bout worst death for that guy that Ryan Philippe's character shot? See how good can the film be, I can't even remember any of the characters names! But when that guy died I laughed my head off and I said after, "I didn't think I was supposed to laugh at racism, but that was just too funny!" :laugh:
"Look too often at those hills, lie too long beside those rippling rivers, and you may think you are hearing a love song, when actually it is a death song." Larry McMurtry, Brokeback Mountain: Story to Screenplay.

slayers_creek_oth

« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2006, 01:47:24 pm »
*Spoiler*
How bout worst death for that guy that Ryan Philippe's character shot? See how good can the film be, I can't even remember any of the characters names! But when that guy died I laughed my head off and I said after, "I didn't think I was supposed to laugh at racism, but that was just too funny!" :laugh:

ROFL.......

Offline JennyC

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2006, 01:58:39 pm »
Oh, and for sexiest performance, I keep voting for Ziyi Zhang a) because I loved her in "Memoirs," b) because she's so outrageously beautiful, and c) because I'd like to see what happens when she and Jake are backstage at the same place at the same time.  *eg*

For c), are you referring to the rumor I read a while ago that Jake was interested in her? :)  Probably unlikely to happen since last time I checked the gossip column, she is still dating the grandson of the richest guy in Hong Kong.

IMO, Gong Li (or Li Gong if you put the first name first) is a more accomplished Chinese actress, gorgeous and sexy too. I like her performance as Hatsumomo in “Memoirs”.

Voted for Jake and reunion kiss.  Will keep voting.  :)
« Last Edit: April 24, 2006, 02:08:09 pm by JennyC »

Offline EnnisLovesJack

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Jack Nasty love me!
« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2006, 02:30:00 pm »
Best Movie - I had a feeling those numbnuts wouldn't have Brokeback in the listings.  Did we even get a say in the nominees and I missed it?

Even though I didn't see War of the Worlds and never will (hey, can I get an honorary induction into the AMPAS, now?), I figure playing alongside Tom Cruise has got to be scary enough as it is.

You always make me laugh, ednbarby! Love your post. I bet (you bet, we all bet for Ennis!) your AMPAS membership card is in the mail.

I was incensed that they did not even nominate BBM. But like you said, they're a bunch of idiots. Culture-deficient, money-driven, commercial droids. (Spits.)

Thank God they at least nominated Jake (but where was Heath???). Boy, I was thrilled and relieved to see they had a sudden moment of lucidity and nominated our boys for Best Kiss. No contest! Jack and Ennis level that playing field to rubble.

peace out, girlfriend!
Keren/ELJ

Jack Nasty loves you!

Offline two_bloody_shirts

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Mountain Resident
  • First Kisses
« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2006, 02:40:49 pm »
There is also going to be a special day set aside for each category for phone voting.  The phone number is 1-877-MTV-VOTE.  I'll keep checking each day to see when the Best Kiss and Best performance are available to vote.  That would be a great day to really stuff the votes!
Love.  You have a problem with it?

~Grace~

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2006, 02:48:02 pm »
For c), are you referring to the rumor I read a while ago that Jake was interested in her? :)  Probably unlikely to happen since last time I checked the gossip column, she is still dating the grandson of the richest guy in Hong Kong.

Yep.  I figured it was probably crapola, or just someone running away with some throwaway thing he said somewhere along the line about how beautiful she is (like, duh, who wouldn't say she was beautiful?).  So I just ran away with it a little further.  ;)

Seriously, I just really enjoyed her in that movie, and I think that people who are cerebrally and spiritually sexy trump short shorts and plunging necklines showing off the cleavages of fake breasts any day of the week.  But then I'm just a girl who finds fake boobs rather gross, so what do I know?
No more beans!

Offline FuzzyChanny

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • "Youth is wasted on the young..."
« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2006, 03:13:31 pm »
Damnit! Need to get a mouse so I can vote.

Batman Begins was so incredibly awesome!! Third best film of the last year. I shall be voting for that (and Jake, and the boys of course).
I've learnt that you cannot make someone love you. All you can do is stalk them and hope they panic and give in!

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #29 on: April 24, 2006, 04:21:14 pm »
Damnit! Need to get a mouse so I can vote.

Batman Begins was so incredibly awesome!! Third best film of the last year. I shall be voting for that (and Jake, and the boys of course).

I agree.  I really enjoyed the movie.  I voted for Christian Bale/Batman as best hero, too.  I've always loved the idea of Batman - that he doesn't have super powers but is just a vigilante of sorts who has the brains enough to devise ways to make himself seem super-powerful.  And I loved how Batman Begins was about how all the masses need is a *symbol* of invincibility, and they will believe it.  The shadow he cast, literally, was enough to inspire the weak and scare the bejesus out of the bad.

Besides, I can't say as I'd mind seeing Christian Bale on that stage, either.  It's unlikely, I know, but worth a shot.  ;)
No more beans!