Author Topic: well, DUH!  (Read 3545 times)

injest

well, DUH!
« on: April 22, 2007, 08:43:35 am »
I have been noticing lately that the news people think we are really stupid (or maybe they lack any imagination)

Anyway

they have been making some of the most asinine comments I have ever heard and I am gonna share the misery!

Please add yours! We might as well get a few laughs off of them...

Example:

Good Morning America ABC

"LIVE from the Planet Earth!"

oh really? wow! from Earth huh? as opposed to say......Mars?? Have we achieved interplanetary travel while I wasn't paying attention?

or have we perhaps opened an ABC affiliate on Venus? Maybe we are broadcasting to Vulcan? What?

injest

Re: well, DUH!
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2007, 08:48:15 am »
Blue Angels Jet Crashes

Headline News CNN

spectators say the wreck happened very quickly.

no WAY! A jet in the middle of an air show was going fast? and the wreck was sudden? Now that is news! Cause USUALLY when a jet crashes you have LOTS and LOTS of warning....heck, most are practically in slow motion!!

DUH

injest

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2007, 08:51:15 am »
Virginia Tech Shootings

Headline News CNN

Students are returning to the campus older....

They got older? as opposed to getting younger? Who got younger over the last week? And where are THEY? cause we all need to go to that location! they could make a fortune...everyone is looking to stop time...and someone has done that? now THAT is news right there!

injest

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2007, 09:10:48 am »
These aren’t recent examples, but they’re two of my favorites.

The announcer at a baseball game: “If that ball hadn’t bounced so high, he could have caught it.”

During a newscast: “The woman was carried from her house” (pause) “unharmed by three firemen.”

:laugh: :laugh:

good ones!

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2007, 10:32:23 am »
Good topic, and GREAT title.  Thanks Jess and adiabatic.  :)

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2007, 01:46:25 pm »
Ok, mine fits only half in this category, since it is spoken by a (famous and well-paid) soccer player. He was asked about his intentions of changing his team for the next season. His answer:

"Either [to] Milan or Madrid - doesn't matter. The main thing is it's Italy."

:o ;D :o

injest

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2007, 09:38:32 pm »
Ok, mine fits only half in this category, since it is spoken by a (famous and well-paid) soccer player. He was asked about his intentions of changing his team for the next season. His answer:

"Either [to] Milan or Madrid - doesn't matter. The main thing is it's Italy."

:o ;D :o

Italy took over Spain? Jeez...as US centric as the major news stations are; you woulda thought they woulda mentioned THAT!

injest

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2007, 07:55:49 am »
It’s late, I’m wide awake, and I’m crabby. So...

Maybe we could consider this the “duh!” and “huh?” thread?

Real “huh?” quotes from people in politics. Names not included, to protect the stupid. So as not to reveal any sort of personal bias, these are all from different people, from various points along the political spectrum.

• (regarding Hurricane Katrina) “If you recall, the storm moved to the east and then continued on and appeared to pass with considerable damage but nothing worse.”
  • “There are jobs Americans aren’t doing. ... If you’ve got a chicken factory, a chicken-plucking factory, or whatever you call them, you know what I’m talking about.”
  • “Republicans understand the importance of bondage between a mother and child.”
  • “I think with a lifetime appointment to the Supreme Court, you can’t play, you know, hide the salami, or whatever it’s called.”

Some “duh!” headlines:
    [
li]Survey Finds Dirtier Subways After Cleaning Jobs Were Cut[/li]
[li]Alcohol Ads Promote Drinking[/li]
[li]Low Wages Said Key to Poverty[/li][/list]
  • Economist Uses Theory to Explain Economy

these three are my faves!! LOL!

Offline j.U.d.E.

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2007, 08:24:44 am »
LOVE THIS THREAD!

Will try to find stuff in order to contribute!

j. U. d. E.
MLK - - - - - - - - - - - - HAL - - - - - - - - - - - - BHO
*15 jan 1929 - †04 apr 1968 | *04 apr 1979 - † 22 jan 2008 | *04 aug 1961 -

injest

« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2007, 08:01:54 am »
Story yesterday about someone going around and stealing flags off people's houses....(yesterday was Memorial Day here in the States)....police found them all stuck in one person's yard.

Said if your flag was missing, just come to the police station and describe yours.

well duh? white with red stripes and a blue square with stars????

THAT will narrow it down!